Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: screwed by rapidshare
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:36 pm 
WWoW Artist

I received this email today from rapidshare ironically just after I paid an annual premium :

" Dear Customer,

Herewith we advise you of an upcoming change in our storage management.

This message refers to your RapidShare premium account:

Current expiration date: 2008-10-18 22:26:17
Current e-mail address: lonerangernsilver@yahoo.com

On November 10th, we will launch our storage revision program.
Accounts that use more than 20 GB of storage will be marked as "XXL"
accounts by our system.
If any files associated with an "XXL" account have not been downloaded
within the last 90 days ("inactive files"), those files will be deleted
automatically.
As soon as the account's storage is less than 20 GB, no further files
will be deleted.
Of course, no active files (i.e. files that have been downloaded at
least once during the last 90 days) will be deleted. This means, we still
offer unlimited storage for active files.

Your account's current storage utilization is over 20 GB, which means
your account will be marked as "XXL".
Please check your account for files that you no longer need and remove
them.
This helps to avoid the deletion of files you would like to keep.

You can check your current storage utilization at any time in the
premium zone, right above the files list.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

RapidShare AG
Management "

If anyone is interested in any of the vintage videos I would suggest that they download before Nov 10 . I was warned about rapidshare .. I should have listened .

My rapidshare folders:

Old Westerns --------------------------- http://rapidshare.com/users/WCO3YQ
Old b/w movies ------------------------- http://rapidshare.com/users/7HHPE0
Vintage Country Music Video Clips ------- http://rapidshare.com/users/GCM1OY
Newswoman:Talkshows:WeekIn Review -- http://rapidshare.com/users/BPWY8H

Until Next Time

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:51 pm 
Gold Member

I've seen that posted on a few boards and groups i'm a member of. It seems like everytime you think they're done Rapidshare just gets worse and worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:20 pm 
Board Owner

This is new. :?

I made this a sticky so everyone is aware of this. I got the e-mail today. What can you do to try to preserve your clips? If you are an RS Premium member, create folders for common subjects and post those folders in the photos and clips links forum.

In the mean time, I'll try to think of options we can do here to keep the clips alive longer. If you have suggestions, post them here. :Kool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:16 pm 
Administrator

I got the e-mail today too. One of the main reasons I had a premi account was the fact that they didn't delete clips.

There is one thing I've noticed about download counts that might work to our advantage. You don't have to actually download the whole file in order for the download count to go up. Just starting a download makes it go up by one. What this means to the premi account holders is perhaps they can go through their clips and start the downloads in order to keep the clips active for another 90 days.

Also you can stagger the downloads so you don't have to do all your clips once every 90 days. Do 1/3 every 30 days, and it will split the work up.

The thing I'm worried about is that only a non premi account download would keep them active. Sort of like the points thing where premi downloads don't work towards points.

This is just an idea. I don't know if it will work, or if it's more trouble than what it's worth.

Last edited by Kevin77 on Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:23 pm 
Board Owner

I suspect that they bit more than they could chew. I bet some premium users have inactive files that are maybe nearly a year old. Don't forget, it was about this time that RS.de sold out to RS.com. :Kool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:53 am 
WWoW Artist

why not do this, set up a forum just for those that post on R.S. And we can help each other, by whoever has an account, put up all your folder plus passwords. And if we start downloading the files, that should keep them up and running, not to mention the points we all can get.

To make it easy, get some sort of download manager where you can download a hell of a lot while you are sleeping, working or what ever. I use Internet Download Manager and it will download whole folders with just 1 click.

As somebody downloads a file or files, they can post what they downloaded so that it will free up the time it will take for others to download the same things. Even people that don't have an account could help out by downloading while they are just looking around the internet

Just a thought ;)

Post subject: Re: screwed by rapidshare
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:28 am 
Bronze Member

loneranger wrote:
I received this email today from rapidshare ironically just after I paid an annual premium

That sucks.

I was skeptical about Rapidshare for some reason. I was just about to purchase the same (an annual) just last week but hesitated.

It is amazing what companies do at times. Everyone has these TOS that you must agree to in order to purchase or even utilize a service online, and they always have the old, "We can change or update these terms at any time."

I am sorry that people are subject to such practices.

And I am glad that I hesitated that night.

Thank you for this info!

Post subject: "aint this fraud"
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:48 am 
WWoW Artist

Here is a line from the Q&A section of the rapidshare site:

How long are my files hosted?

No limit. Nevertheless even we have to clean up our drives from time to time, so we will delete files that have not been accessed for 90 days or longer. Premium-users don't have to worry about this. We NEVER delete your files until you cancel your membership.

"Premium-users don't have to worry about this. We NEVER delete your files until you cancel your membership."

Well they say they WILL be deleting files

"aint this fraud"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:39 am 
WWoW Artist

I also had a email from RS to let me know my account is XXL (nearly 40GB already stored).

Rapidshare will only delete files from Premium Accounts which havn't been downloaded for 90 days or more from 10th november.

Just browse all your files in your premium account and check the dates, if any RS link hasn't been downloaded for months, just click the link so the date changes. When Rapidshare do their search for 90 day or more files to delete they will see all vids have been downloaded within the 90 day limit :shades and won't remove any links :D

PS...

I should also add...

Once you find a file that hasn't been downloaded for awhile in your premium account, you don't have to download the whole vid to get the date to change... just start the download and after a few seconds hit cancel. It will save you loads of time :D

MVP

HD Nude Celebs Archive

Post subject: Rapidshare just changed the Q&A Here is what is says now
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:04 pm 
WWoW Artist

Rapidshare just changed the Q&A Here is what is says now :

How long are my files hosted?

No limit. Nevertheless even we have to clean up our drives from time to time, so we will delete files that have not been accessed for 90 days or longer. For premium users this rule will only apply if there are more than 20 GB (20.000.000.000 bytes) of data stored in your account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:32 pm 
WWoW Artist

Here's what I think happened: Rapidshare exploded in popularity.

You can see that in this forum and many others with sooooo many more clips being posted daily (one forum I go to get's about 25+ pages a day of clips :o with 20 something messages on each page).

Combine that with so many users trying to get files (they have Gigabits and gigabits of bandwidth available and that still isn't nearly enough) which has led to some slower download speeds than normal.

Finally, you have so many users uploading * files that shall remain nameless * which range from 300 MB to 8 GB per group that RS just cannot sustain the model the way they currently have it.

They are a victim of their own success.

This GB uploaded limit sucks (I'm not affected but my old .de account would have been with 47 GB uploaded) but what I'm more worried about is the precedent this sets. Are they going to limit premium points next? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:06 pm 
Gold Member

I can testify to the truth of your statements BPM because its near impossible to find files on the net uploaded that isn't at least about 90% rapidshare. If you also try to upload anything every one tells you to use Rapidshare. I've tried to use other sites and like NOONE does it. They brought it on themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:22 pm 
Administrator

MVP wrote:
I also had a email from RS to let me know my account is XXL (nearly 40GB already stored).

Rapidshare will only delete files from Premium Accounts which havn't been downloaded for 90 days or more from 10th november.

Just browse all your files in your premium account and check the dates, if any RS link hasn't been downloaded for months, just click the link so the date changes. When Rapidshare do their search for 90 day or more files to delete they will see all vids have been downloaded within the 90 day limit :shades and won't remove any links :D

PS...

I should also add...

Once you find a file that hasn't been downloaded for awhile in your premium account, you don't have to download the whole vid to get the date to change... just start the download and after a few seconds hit cancel. It will save you loads of time :D

MVP

That's what I was getting at, but in the end it's just more work. I guess we just have to set some time aside each week to go through the RS list. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:56 pm 
WWoW Member

righter77 wrote:
loneranger wrote:
I received this email today from rapidshare ironically just after I paid an annual premium

That sucks.

I was skeptical about Rapidshare for some reason. I was just about to purchase the same (an annual) just last week but hesitated.

It is amazing what companies do at times. Everyone has these TOS that you must agree to in order to purchase or even utilize a service online, and they always have the old, "We can change or update these terms at any time."

I am sorry that people are subject to such practices.

And I am glad that I hesitated that night.

Thank you for this info!

Despite any faults it might have, rapidshare is awesome. I've downloaded more new movies, music, newswomen clips, etc than I can remember. I've also gained free months from my uploads. I have no complaints. As long as I can keep downloading I will be happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:30 am 
WWoW Artist

There are other download sites but Rapidshare seems to work the fastest whether you have an account or not

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:28 am 
Bronze Member

robjones45 wrote:
Despite any faults it might have, rapidshare is awesome. I've downloaded more new movies, music, newswomen clips, etc than I can remember. I've also gained free months from my uploads. I have no complaints. As long as I can keep downloading I will be happy.

It is the fastest and most reliable service by far... but I simply am wary of companies who change policies after you have paid your money to them (i.e. loneranger).

I was also voicing my opinion regarding those who take so much time out of their day to provide the very thing(s) that keep this board alive. As someone who simply downloads... it would not be a concern. But when you have as many clips as some here do... (hosted) that is a disappointment.

I have been a member of this community for quite some time and have always read that one of the greatest benefits of becoming a premium member with Rapidshare was that your files (as someone who hosts files) would not be deleted. So I am certain that those who signed up for that advantage are now a little more than disappointed in the new rule.

A monthly membership I could see - you did not lose out on much - but an annual membership?

That is just unfortunate for those who have put in so much time and effort to post (and repost) continuously for us here at WWoW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:31 pm 
WWoW Artist

You have a lot of AWESOME STUFF. I am sorry to hear that you might loose some of it. I hope you are able to download and save it to DVDs before it vanishes.

dave

Post subject: thanks davetv13 and all others who responded
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:02 pm 
WWoW Artist

thanks you davetv13 and all others who responded. thanks to mvp and others I have hopefully redated all of them so they wont be deleted but just in case I just spent $169.00 for an external hard drive and am downloading any files that I dont have on either disk or my computer hard drive. I should have done this a long time ago instead of taking rapidshare at their word. Any future uploads to any host will also to transfered to my external hard drive.

Again thanks to all

Post subject: Re: thanks davetv13 and all others who responded
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:16 pm 
Board Owner

loneranger wrote:
thanks you davetv13 and all others who responded. thanks to mvp and others I have hopefully redated all of them so they wont be deleted but just in case I just spent $169.00 for an external hard drive and am downloading any files that I dont have on either disk or my computer hard drive. I should have done this a long time ago instead of taking rapidshare at their word. Any future uploads to any host will also to transfered to my external hard drive.

Again thanks to all

If you are missing anything, put out the word and I am sure someone will help you out. I think I have most of your stuff. :Kool

Something else you should think about for the future is a DVD/CD burner just in case your EXT-HD reaches capacity. They also sell EXT DVD/CD burners if you are not comfortable in opening up your case. :Kool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:46 am 
WWoW Artist

I don't know what happened, I had over 20,000 points and now it's down to about 3400 points :twisted:

It seems to me that not only are they going to take away downloads that have not been downloaded for awhile if you go over 20,000 GBs. But now they are F%%king us on our points we already earned :twisted:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next