Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: Maria Celeste(C)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:42 pm 
WWoW Legend

I prefer hose but she looks good :Tounge :Tounge :wave

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:08 pm 
WWoW regular

:thankyou Bigz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:23 pm 
WWoW Legend

Maria is in quarantine due to COVID-19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:34 pm 
WWoW Artist

Such a shame.
Sure hope Maria is fine. Let's pray for her health.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:02 pm 
WWoW Legend

bigzman wrote:
Such a shame.
Sure hope Maria is fine. Let's pray for her health.

One of the people she came in contact with tested + for COVID- 19

So they put her in quarantine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:09 am 
WWoW Artist

No point in speculating on whether it might have happened either behind the cameras or even outside in the parking lot, it is still a sad thing to mention.

Thank you for mentioning this rather sad news.
Let us all continue to pray that Maria and many others will get through this rather difficult period.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:22 pm 
Gold Member

I sure pray that she is OK. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:36 pm 
Bronze Member

She and "Un Nuevo Dia's" Rashel Diaz are now laid-off by Telemundo. Please visit MediaMoves.com for the whole story.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:33 am 
WWoW Artist

Here are some more details, translated from an article by the Los Angeles Times:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://www.latimes.com/espanol/entretenimiento/articulo/2020-08-05/maria-celeste-arraras-es-despedida-de-telemundo&prev=search&pto=aue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:31 am 
WWoW Artist

This was what she wrote on her Facebook page early Wednesday afternoon:

"Dear friends, with deep sadness, I want to inform you that yesterday was my last day with Al Rojo Vivo and on the Telemundo screen. This morning I was informed by the company that they have decided that the program should take a different direction, and that due to adjustments due to the pandemic, I will no longer be part of the show. Telemundo has been my home for almost 20 years and I am very grateful for the opportunity they have given me to have been able to cover great news events and to serve our Hispanic community for so many years. I leave behind many dear colleagues who can always count on my full support. Neither my passion for work nor my career ends here. On the contrary, my commitment to you continues as strong as ever."

What a sad day :cry: , but what a run she had--as ARV mentioned on Tuesday afternoon in a brief tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWRqUG8mwSQ

Maria will turn 60 on September 27, so whichever company/media outlet hires her should feel very lucky and fortunate.

I wanted to share one of the last images from her final show on Monday, August 4 :( :

On a personal level, after taking over from the then sudden departure of loyal capper aztec in early 2017--I took this opportunity to learn from great people like Nick and the near constant encouragement from mullin and a few others to make sure that the caps you saw captured ARV the best way I could.

Unfortunately, YouTube does not have too many clips prior to this board being created in 2007.

However, as a small token of my over three years of creating and posting many hundreds of pics, I found this clip of Maria speaking in English about her 2009 book, Make Your Life Prime Time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgH2Xu4oPKk

The lessons she gives in that book should always inspire us, as Maria said it best:

"Life is a suitcase."

Bottom line, we as fans will miss her tremendously.
As the old adage goes, life goes on and ARV goes on in Miami--so if other people wish to cap whomever is hosting, be my virtual guest.

Even with her famous defection from rival network Univision in 2002 where she spent 15 years prior to joining Telemundo, what a sad way to end things for such a quality journalist.

From what I have heard and read (kudos to those of you who can read Spanish backwards and forwards), she is the same woman (with a cool family) off screen as she was on.

In my opinion, that is the mark of a great person.
And Maria Celeste certainly will be remembered as one of the great ones in the news media in general (even with her appearances on the many various NBC News programs), but with a great eye for detail helping out within the Hispanic community.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:32 pm 
Bronze Member

bigzman wrote:

"Dear friends, with deep sadness, I want to inform you that yesterday was my last day with Al Rojo Vivo and on the Telemundo screen. This morning I was informed by the company that they have decided that the program should take a different direction, and that due to adjustments due to the pandemic, I will no longer be part of the show. Telemundo has been my home for almost 20 years and I am very grateful for the opportunity they have given me to have been able to cover great news events and to serve our Hispanic community for so many years. I leave behind many dear colleagues who can always count on my full support. Neither my passion for work nor my career ends here. On the contrary, my commitment to you continues as strong as ever."

What a sad day :cry: , but what a run she had--as ARV mentioned on Tuesday afternoon in a brief tribute:

Maria will turn 60 on September 27, so whichever company/media outlet hires her should feel very lucky and fortunate.

I wanted to share one of the last images from her final show on Monday, August 4 :( :

On a personal level, after taking over from the then sudden departure of loyal capper aztec in early 2017--I took this opportunity to learn from great people like Nick and the near constant encouragement from mullin and a few others to make sure that the caps you saw captured ARV the best way I could.

Unfortunately, YouTube does not have too many clips prior to this board being created in 2007.

However, as a small token of my over three years of creating and posting many hundreds of pics, I found this clip of Maria speaking in English about her 2009 book, Make Your Life Prime Time:

The lessons she gives in that book should always inspire us, as Maria said it best:

"Life is a suitcase."

As the old adage goes, life goes on and ARV goes on in Miami--so if other people wish to cap whomever is hosting, be my virtual guest.

Even with her famous defection from rival network Univision in 2002 where she spent 15 years prior to joining Telemundo, what a sad way to end things for such a quality journalist.

From what I have heard and read (kudos to those of you who can read Spanish backwards and forwards), she is the same woman (with a cool family) off screen as she was on.

And Maria Celeste certainly will be remembered as one of the great ones in the news media in general (even with her appearances on the many various NBC News programs), but with a great eye for detail helping out within the Hispanic community.

Univision could take her back like they did Maria Antonieta Collins, Raul Gonzalez and Giselle Blondet or Estrella TV could take her (Myrka Dellanos anchored the 5:30PM news at one point before Adriana Yanez).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:19 pm 
WWoW Artist

gijoefan wrote:
bigzman wrote:

"Life is a suitcase."

Univision could take her back like they did Maria Antonieta Collins, Raul Gonzalez and Giselle Blondet or Estrella TV could take her (Myrka Dellanos anchored the 5:30PM news at one point before Adriana Yanez).

I also heard Myrka Dellanos (who was filling in studio while Maria was working from home) has quit in protest of Maria being let go. Her and Maria go way back to the GOAT Primer Impacto days and are also personal friends.) There also reports in Spanish gossip sires that ARV could be dropped all together now due to both Maria and Myrka's exits)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:09 pm 
Bronze Member

MilwaukeeMak wrote:
gijoefan wrote:
bigzman wrote:

"Life is a suitcase."

I also heard Myrka Dellanos (who was filling in studio while Maria was working from home) has quit in protest of Maria being let go. Her and Maria go way back to the GOAT Primer Impacto days and are also personal friends.) There also reports in Spanish gossip sires that ARV could be dropped all together now due to both Maria and Myrka's exits)

Myrka is on temporarily (she herself is leaving soon). If "Al Rojo Vivo" is dropped, that will be devastating for Telemundo. Does it always seem like Telemundo just can't win at times?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:45 am 
WWoW Artist

gijoefan wrote:
MilwaukeeMak wrote:
gijoefan wrote:
bigzman wrote:

"Life is a suitcase."

Myrka is on temporarily (she herself is leaving soon). If "Al Rojo Vivo" is dropped, that will be devastating for Telemundo. Does it always seem like Telemundo just can't win at times?

Also read that about Myrka...still a bad look for Telemundo..but props to Myrka for being ride-or-die for her friend!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:28 pm 
WWoW Legend

MilwaukeeMak wrote:
gijoefan wrote:
MilwaukeeMak wrote:
gijoefan wrote:
bigzman wrote:

"Life is a suitcase."

Also read that about Myrka...still a bad look for Telemundo..but props to Myrka for being ride-or-die for her friend!

Myrka's last day was today

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:04 am 
Bronze Member

She did an interview for PeopleEnEspanol.com. Check it out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:43 am 
WWoW Artist

Here is an over 11 minute retrospective on her life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sMPYmZnAIw

Another 5 minute segment, mostly with Maria doing some social media clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmdE_sFLKps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 pm 
Bronze Member

She turned 60 yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:01 am 
Bronze Member

She now has a new show on her YouTube channel called "MC Live". It will stream every Tuesday. Please visit MediaMoves.com for details.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:47 am 
WWoW Artist

A great article talking about her transition to YouTube:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/veronicavillafane/2021/01/26/former-telemundo-and-univision-anchor-mara-celeste-arrars-launches-own-show-on-youtube/?sh=4d288e384869

Her show streams every Tuesday at 4 p.m. Eastern time. Sadly in my case, I cannot translate anything she and her guests say in Spanish.

Anyways, here is the link to subscribe:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mar%C3%ADaCelesteArrar%C3%A1sLive

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97  Next