Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: News About A Despierta America Sunday Show (D)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:55 am 
Bronze Member

Read this:

https://www.mediamoves.com/2021/03/univ ... ndetv.html

Credit: MediaMoves.com.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: News About A Despierta America Sunday Show
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:46 am 
Bronze Member

No Videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:38 pm 
Bronze Member

tobi1972 wrote:
No Videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

What do you mean?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:56 pm 
WWoW Artist

The only thing I gained from reading that article is they are added the PrendeTV app. It is the "beta" stage. My guess is that it is in an early phase.

Similar to what Peacock has done for NBC over the past several months, it should be a fully functional app with tons of video clips and shows.

Again, I am not tech expert--I only follow casually what moves affect linear and streaming TV if any news is worthy enough to talk about.

Outside of when Maria Celeste of ARV fame was laid off in 2020, this could be a game changer.

My best advice, keep checking online periodically to see if anything changes.

Post subject: Re: News About A Despierta America Sunday Show (D)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:54 am 
Bronze Member

According to reports not yet officially made by Univision, the Sunday show will premiere on Sunday, September 19. It will run for two hours, but the airtime is not announced. The hosts will be Raul Gonzalez (who returned full time I think in 2019), Maria Antonieta Collins and Jackie Guerrido. This will also be Jackie's second run with the franchise, but as host. There's no word if her run on Primer Impacto is done, and if her show on Univision's radio service Uforia entitled Countdown con Jackie Guerrido is done as well. Raul Gonzalez will be 50 I believe, in October.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:02 am 
Bronze Member

gijoefan wrote:
According to reports not yet officially made by Univision, the Sunday show will premiere on Sunday, September 19. It will run for two hours, but the airtime is not announced. The hosts will be Raul Gonzalez (who returned full time I think in 2019), Maria Antonieta Collins and Jackie Guerrido. This will also be Jackie's second run with the franchise, but as host. There's no word if her run on Primer Impacto is done, and if her show on Univision's radio service Uforia entitled Countdown con Jackie Guerrido is done as well. Raul Gonzalez will be 50 I believe, in October.

According to what I saw on the Verizon FiOS channel guide, the Sunday show will run from 8AM ET/7AM CT to 10AM ET/9AM CT. Univision still hasn't run ANY commercials for the show.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 pm 
Bronze Member

gijoefan wrote:
gijoefan wrote:

According to what I saw on the Verizon FiOS channel guide, the Sunday show will run from 8AM ET/7AM CT to 10AM ET/9AM CT. Univision still hasn't run ANY commercials for the show.

The announcement was made official today, with another host added. You can see the clip on the Despierta America's official YouTube channel.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:09 am 
Bronze Member

According to an interview Jackie just did with People en Espanol, she will remain with Primer Impactor as Meteorologist, Co-Host and interviewer. Her Uforia Radio show Countdown con Jackie Guerrido will continue as well. But due to her return to Despierta America with Sunday show, the Univision has granted her two days off a week. Meanwhile, Carolina Rosario who was one of the reporters on Primer Impacto will sit at the news desk while working with Univision Noticias on other reports and documentaries. Why do I have a feeling that Univision's going have Jackie, Raul and Maria Antonietta hosting the show until further notice? Despierta America Domingo begins this coming Sunday at 8AM ET/7AM CT.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:31 am 
Bronze Member

There was no broadcast on Sunday because Univision canceled the show. Jackie Guerrido, Raul Gonzalez, Maria Antonieta Collins and Carolina Rosario haven't said anything about it yet.