Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The End of Suelta La Sopa
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:30 pm 
Bronze Member

Telemundo had announced that the show will end in December. There's also word that the show could end up on another network or on streaming.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The End of Suelta La Sopa
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:24 am 
Bronze Member

From a story that I just read, the reason why Telemundo is ending the show is because it was produced by an "outside source" (High Hill Productions) and they really want something that they created in the timeslots. They're looking at the show that Aylin Mujica co-host on Sunday nights with Rodner Figueroa entitled El Colador (The Colander).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:43 pm 
WWoW Artist

The women keep leaving that show anyways. The format also changes a bit from tables, to open seats to no sit outs. We are on the 6th or 7th woman in 9 years of the show. Carolina Sandoval there between 2012 and 2020 was longest woman on. Andrea Escalona was there 2012 to 2015 and left. Years later in 2018 joined Hoy. Veronica Bastos only lasted 2 years from about 2017 to early 2019. Karla Gomez was fill in but never was daily host. She disappeared in 2020 after coming on since 2015. Looks like she returned in clips.. Vanessa Claudio was on a year and quit. I can't recall who was on after Andrea left and before Veronica arrived. Nor who was on since both Carolina and Vanessa left. I think Vanessa replaced Carolina. I haven't seen the show since 2018 or 2019.
Maybe Aylin joined recently. She was on a lot of defunct programs. Was on Estrella TV once but after 3 years the morning show ended. Estrella TV is not to be confused with Televisa's Mexican channel Las Estrellas. That one houses Hoy, Cuentamelo Ya, Mas +, The News show with Paola Rojas and is sister channel of Univision. The merger is coming leaving me confused about what that means. But involves both networks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:27 am 
WWoW Artist

The show did go off the air and was not on this month. You still got En La Casa with Ana Jurka. Her sports show ended on tv and ended the old tv format. Version online is guy at table or Ana headshots. But in 2019 started second show called En La Casa. Also Jessica is still on Al Rojo Vivo.