Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Weather channel changed morning shifts abruptly (D)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:26 am 
WWoW Artist

Looks like a abrupt change was made to the morning shits at Weather Channel. I will use eastern times for reference. But Jen Carfagno now, as of yesterday, does AMHQ Early with Alex Wallace, the black dude. Stephanie Abrams then does 7am to 10am with Jim Cantore and Jordan Steele. And now at 10am Jen Carfagno is back on with Alex Wallace. I imagine that lasts to 1pm as the shift usually did. So now Jen and Stephanie don't appear together. And no more Cass or Felicia at 10am.

I am still chewing over Weather Underground but yesterday no Mike Bettes was on instead it was Jacque Jeras and Alex Wilson. I would guess Mike was off. But unsure anymore. What I know is Jeras got the maps. Alex Wilson didn't do much.

If I find out more I will post reply.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Weather channel changed morning shifts abruptly (D)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:46 am 
WWoW regular

Brettfan wrote:
Looks like a abrupt change was made to the morning shits at Weather Channel. I will use eastern times for reference. But Jen Carfagno now, as of yesterday, does AMHQ Early with Alex Wallace, the black dude. Stephanie Abrams then does 7am to 10am with Jim Cantore and Jordan Steele. And now at 10am Jen Carfagno is back on with Alex Wallace. I imagine that lasts to 1pm as the shift usually did. So now Jen and Stephanie don't appear together. And no more Cass or Felicia at 10am.

I am still chewing over Weather Underground but yesterday no Mike Bettes was on instead it was Jacque Jeras and Alex Wilson. I would guess Mike was off. But unsure anymore. What I know is Jeras got the maps. Alex Wilson didn't do much.

If I find more I will post reply.

So with all that you refer to Alex Wallace as the black dude. Why did you think that was necessary? Anyone who watches The Weather Channel know he is. You didn't refer to Jordan Steele as the white dude. We can all do better.

Jen and Alex are on until 11 am. Jen posted that on her Instagram page.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:47 am 
WWoW Artist

Well I didn't think they were going all four hours.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:18 pm 
Silver Member

Was watching to see Alex and Jaqui but Dr Knabb or whatever his name is he is hoging the show :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang :Bang

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:31 am 
WWoW regular

Brettfan wrote:

And no more Cass or Felicia at 10am.

They were always kept behind the desk at 10 anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:40 am 
Bronze Member

since i get accuweather channel. not sure why cable or dish or any satelight place want to have weather channel on since do not do 24hr weather any more. sad. i use be able get up at 4am catch weather report before left for work and now can not get in 6am which sucks for me so no more updates what going on with weather in FL area. to me weather channel going the way of HLN then being true weather channel or station. forgot they are weather station or channel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:25 pm 
WWoW regular

From Felicia's Facebook page....

"Life Change Alert*
That's a little dramatic, I know, but it's a big deal to me :)
This is your official invite to have lunch (or brunch, depending on your timezone) with me every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for now.
My new weekday schedule will be Wed-Fri Noon-1pm ET.
No scripts, no prompter, no written stories....just me and lots of weather brought to you by our amazing Weather Producer Meteorologist Jess!
Tune in and let me know what you think about the new time slot and my new hairstyle"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:56 pm 
Bronze Member

"So with all that you refer to Alex Wallace as the black dude. Why did you think that was necessary? Anyone who watches The Weather Channel know he is. You didn't refer to Jordan Steele as the white dude. We can all do bette"

Good observation.

TWC has a real issue with on-air diversity. Jen, Kelly, Jacqui, Alex Wilson, Molly, and Stephanie? I miss Vivian Brown, Liana Brackett, Betty, Dr. Erika and Jennifer Delgado. I bet the producers at TWC will start taking their cues from Spanish television weather babes. Felicia Combs is just the first in curvaceous weather babes on TWC. Accuweather now has Michelle Rotella. These channels know what sells. I just hope TWC gets more diverse.

Remember, the weather affects everyone!