Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More men than Women (D)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:23 am 
WWoW regular

Has anyone noticed that there are alot more men than women on TWC. Are they all on vacation? :Tantrum I hardly even watch TWC anymore. :Tantrum

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: More men than Women
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:17 pm 
WWoW regular

Ever since TWC was bought out by NBC, it has been ruined. Adding useless graphics, letting go the best they had. No wonder NBC is last.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:53 pm 
WWoW Member

I agree, and I cant understand why in the morning they will insert a news update in the middle of a supposed weather program. There are more then enough ways to get quick news in the morning as it is without the "weather" channel force feeding it to you.

It sure seems like NBC is just looking at the Weather Channel as just another conduit to hopefully get people to watch the flagship station. Its a shame though because the Weather Channel is now losing its uniqueness and appeal.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:37 pm 
WWoW regular

I totally agree that NBC has totally screwed it up.
1. They bounced out long time on air personnel such as Kristina Abernathy, Kristin Dodd, Cheryl Lemke, Eboni Deion, and Dave Schwartz. Sharon Resultan had the wisdom to leave on her own accord.
2. They overload the channel with stupid shows like When Weather Changed History. The History Channel already has that well covered.
3. They make Jim Cantore such a centerpiece that even TWC veteran fans like myself, turn the channel when he comes on to tell us about the "devasting" showers throughout North America.
4. Wake Up with Al is a joke. The only benefit is seeing more of the lovely Stephanie Abrams. Notice that she acts like a total idiot when interacting with Al, but not nearly as much when he's not around. Wake up with Al is at least watchable when he's not on. Hmm.
5. Hiring too many men. I know, it's wrong to watch TWC to scope babes, but why not? If they wanted to shed payroll when they forced out some veteran women, they could have at least replaced them with lower priced babes.

Bill Cosby called TWC "MTV for old people." Not anymore. They ruined it.

Merry Christmas, dammit.

Post subject: Re: More men than Women (D)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:18 am 
WWoW Artist

I feel the same way. TWC has gone to crap. I only watch if Kelly Cass is on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:33 pm 
Silver Member

The Snow deal with Adam Berg sucks get the women back including the ones that left TWC is a joke

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:49 pm 
WWoW Member

I been noticing the changes. They say they wanting to keep The Weather Channel still as independent, but I don't see anything independent but NBC's way of business, in my opinion, is set up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:51 pm 
WWoW Member

whiterabbit wrote:
I feel the same way. TWC has gone to crap. I only watch if Kelly Cass is on.

And I even watch ONLY Heather when shes on, even the fill-ins on "Your Weather Today."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:33 pm 
Bronze Member

I actually disagree.

I think that after the change, the women that they have kept are wearing skirts more often. I think that they do get full length shots, but it is not consistent.

We have seen tons of leg from Stephanie, who looks hotter than ever. Betty and Kelly often look good in skirts. Heather has always been a rare leg display.

The change by NBC has not lessened the leg shots. It may be unchanged, but may actually be better. We have lost some women, I agree. I think some of the ladies are on vacation. I think we need to wait till January to know for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 am 
WWoW Member

I agree, NBC turns almost everything it touches into garbage and unfortunately, TWC has been no exception. On the bright side, Comcast purchased a controlling interest in NBC from GE earlier this month, and as bad as the ratings have been, I'd expect they'll be some big changes in the way that NBC does business over the next year or two. I know MSNBC's daytime lineup is getting an overhaul, moving away from opinion garbage to actual news. Imagine that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:33 pm 
WWoW Artist

I dunno. I try to ignore it as much as possible. Because all of the network politics and junk just annoys me. But it does seem like there's 2 men at the desk way more often then there should be...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:46 pm 
WWoW Member

bb1180 wrote:
I agree, NBC turns almost everything it touches into garbage and unfortunately, TWC has been no exception. On the bright side, Comcast purchased a controlling interest in NBC from GE earlier this month, and as bad as the ratings have been, I'd expect they'll be some big changes in the way that NBC does business over the next year or two. I know MSNBC's daytime lineup is getting an overhaul, moving away from opinion garbage to actual news. Imagine that.

I been looking at the situation of Comcast and NBC lately.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:57 am 
WWoW Artist

Easy fix for NBC, hire back Katie Couric and maybe also Campbell Brown.

Easy fix for TWC hire back Sharon Resultan, Melissa Barrington etc force them to wear short skirts 3 days a week by contact and keep the new set.

They really don't need to spend millions on consultant fees to figure out why ratings are down when the above fixes are all that are needed :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:08 am 
Bronze Member

I never watch anymore. Once Sharon left I was done.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:35 pm 
WWoW regular

I do agree that the new set is nice and that the percentage of skirtdom is increased. Personally, I think that it should be 100% but my view is a little slanted. The women who remain have done a good job. Stephanie Abrams has blossomed into a skirt wearing mega star. They just need to replace some of the new guys with Sharon, Kristin Dodd, and certainly the return of Melissa Barrington would be welcomed. Turn off Jim Cantore, pull the plug on Wake Up with Al, and reduce the stupid shows. Wake Up with Steph and Jen could be followed by Your Weather today with Heather and Kristin. Put Sharon on with Nicole. That's hot just thinking about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:59 am 
WWoW regular

vansmack wrote:
I never watch anymore. Once Sharon left I was done.

I'm with you there :blah