Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dylan Dreyer (C)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:19 am 
WWoW Artist

Well, it looks like in some towns many high school and college aged students will be banned from trick-or-treating :? .

At least, Dylan did not disappoint in helping Dr. Oz pass out some tasty tailgate food :Kool :

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:07 am 
Silver Member

LongJohnScotty wrote:
notter59 wrote:
Sad to see the 9am hour go.

Oops...need a memory refresh.

1) Megyn Kelly taking over at 9:00 a.m. amirite?

2) What about Kathie Lee and Hoda?

Sad indeed, big mistake IMO. No idea how much Dylan we will see now other than weekends.

NBC don't seem to ever realize who their best personnel are.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:23 pm 
Jedi Knight

thanks for the caps :Kool

Gretchen Carlson's #1 Fan.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 pm 
WWoW Artist

It was definitely an online labor of love, mozes and others.
Thank you for the kind words. :Thumb

And yes, I managed to shed a small tear as I finished the final caps of the 9 a.m. hour as we knew it.

At the very least, we will still have Dylan during most weekends.
For the people who wish to live in the past, there is always YouTube.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:22 pm 
WWoW Artist

To paraphrase the late, great Peanuts comic extraordinaire Charles M. Schulz:

For Today's Take, Today's Food, the longer length celebrity interviews and the infrequent but sometimes silly chats outside on Rockefeller Plaza, and from the times when Jenna Wolfe and Natalie Morales were a big part of the late morning fun...Al Roker mentioned in the final minutes that the Today show is like a family. Sure, it was fun while it lasted. And I wish to say for both Shenielle and Dylan, they were both class pros during that time--how can we ever forget them.

And yes, if you are all wondering--if other people wish to cap Megyn Kelly starting on Monday, please go right ahead. Otherwise, just continue to appreciate my other caps in other threads during the week and I will try my best to continue capping Dylan Dreyer when I can during the weekends.

The final caps of the 9 a.m. hour with Fergie as the final guest (sad as it is to say that parting is such sweet sorrow :( ):

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:11 pm 
WWoW Artist

Dylan took to her Instagram on Friday morning and said this to her many thousands of followers:

"Well that was fun!! It's the final day of #TodaysTake and I have more memories than I can count! Thanks for being part of our morning! We're all still at @todayshow ...we're just handing the reigns over to our colleague Megyn Kelly as she starts @megyntoday on Monday! See you on Weekend Today! #friendsascoworkers #soblessed"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZVzP4vnBPn/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:18 pm 

bigzman wrote:
To paraphrase the late, great Peanuts comic extraordinaire Charles M. Schulz:

For Today's Take, Today's Food, the longer length celebrity interviews and the infrequent but sometimes silly chats outside on Rockefeller Plaza, and from the times when Jenna Wolfe and Natalie Morales were a big part of the late morning fun...Al Roker mentioned in the final minutes that the Today show is like a family. Sure, it was fun while it lasted. And I wish to say for both Shenielle and Dylan, they were both class pros during that time--how can we ever forget them.

And yes, if you are all wondering--if other people wish to cap Megyn Kelly starting on Monday, please go right ahead. Otherwise, just continue to appreciate my other caps in other threads during the week and I will try my best to continue capping Dylan Dreyer when I can during the weekends.

I seriously doubt that Dylan is going to be relegated to ONLY weekends now -- that would be
a serious demotion for her. My guess is she's going to be somehow more shoehorned into the main show on
weekdays, probably with a feature taped piece once or twice a week, getting to handle some of the plaza
live events/cooking demos, etc.... very much of a NatMo-style role. And of course, still being Al's main
substitute when he's off.
All that said -- bigzman, are you saying you won't have an option to record the 7-9 hours M-F just to cover those possibilities?

Major thanks for dedication to Dylan caps thus far! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:23 pm 
WWoW Artist

I am sure there might be other people to record during the week. During the early mornings, I usually focus on Ginger Zee over at ABC/GMA.

But your point is well taken, we have seen Dylan take over for stretches whenever Al Roker has decided to go on vacation. So, I was not meaning to rule anything out. It's just, with Megyn Kelly's new show taking on a much different tone--things will no longer be the same going forward. And that, IMHO is the saddest part of all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:16 am 
WWoW Artist

Yes, it is not an optical illusion--but it is back to reality for Dylan on the weekend beat (hey, it's better than not seeing her at all :) ):

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:36 pm 
WWoW regular

the return of the yellow pumps!!!!! :thankyou :Tounge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:26 pm 
Silver Member

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 pm 
WWoW Artist

Not too many solo shots (obviously) going forward except on the weekends, but I hope you enjoy these bonus shots.

The entire Today Show gang surprised Megyn Kelly on Monday morning with a toast.

Noticeably absent in her new show is the clock. Instead, you will see her program logo alternating with the standard NBC NEWS logo in the lower right corner.

Like it or not, the new era has begun:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:06 pm 
Jedi Knight

:rock :band

Gretchen Carlson's #1 Fan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 pm 
Bronze Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv2YQStwLtc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:34 pm 
WWoW Member

It's not NBC without a morning drink, got to keep up that journalistic integrity.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:00 pm 
WWoW regular

hmmm…no Dylan equals no watching. :( miss her already!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:54 pm 
WWoW regular

They have ruined this show-too much nonsense and too few quality shots. Since Natalie left, it's been downhill for sure. And now no Dylan either? :Tantrum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:41 am 
Silver Member

She looks terrific

:thankyou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 pm 
WWoW Artist

So far, batting 1.000 at 2 for 2 as far as seeing Dylan on camera a lot during the last part of the second hour before Megyn Kelly's show starts :D .

There is nothing much to see before the Orange Room at 7:50, mind you. But if I was one of the creative minds behind the show, just have Dylan do something that is both really fun and creative (besides the usual meet-and-greet with fans outside at Rockefeller Plaza). I am sure there could be some interesting opportunities to do some really cool segments, even if the weather starts to turn towards the ugly parts of winter.

I will be the first to admit--she still has that golf swing down, even though she had to fess up and tell one of the golf pros that her heels mostly kept her swing slightly off balance :? :

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:28 am 
Silver Member

:rock

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 48  Next