Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Robin Meade 20221205
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:16 am 
Administrator

https://public.fotki.com/HSF909/news-ba ... m20221205/

HLN did the right thing. They gave Robin one last show and a chance to say goodbye. She only got one hour, but man, did they pack a lot of memories in those sixty minutes! Robin was joined by most all of the regulars and substitutes today to say farewell. The Monday black is also more appropriate than ever.

I suppose this means that I can actually go to bed out west at a somewhat decent time now. After over 15 years of capping Robin, I don't know what road I'll be traveling down as far as capping goes, but I'm taking a damn break. There's also an afterword in the album, for those who care.

Thank you to everybody who has followed my journey with Robin, one that I never knew would last this long. I appreciate all your kind words over the years.

Thank you, Robin.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Robin Meade 20221205
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:25 am 
WWoW regular

Thank you for all you did. This was one of the first thing I did when I woke up. Get some sleep now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:31 am 

Glad to know they let her cap things off instead of just vanish without closure like so many other situations wind up as.
And you're certainly due a standing ovation yourself for the years of dedication!
:band :rock :Thumb

Would you happen to have any way of posting a synopsis video of today's show? If not the whole hour, at least a 10-15 minute recap of some kind?
Frankly, I wasn't totally expecting they'd give her the opportunity, and so far there's nothing but snippets of it on YouTube.

And this might be a stupid question, but given that the plan was to end HLN live programming tomorrow (12/6), what else other than
Morning Express would be live tomorrow?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:02 pm 
Silver Member

Thank You HSF for capping Robin (and her subs) for over 15 years, especially in the West Coast where it's 3 AM when Robin was on (I hated to used past tense). Enjoy the rest. As for Robin and Company (both on-air and off-air) though unsure if they will read this or not but why not, Thank You for all those years of informing us on the day's news and entertaining us. I'll sure it wasn't easy at times with 2 AM wake-up times and covering news that were brutal. I hope you guys on the show (both on-air and off-air) can land on your feet as soon as possible. I like to also shout-out to those from yesteryear like Christi, Lynn, Hines, Rafer, Linda, Natasha, among others.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:12 pm 
Bronze Member

One final leg duel for the road

Appreciate all the hard work over the years

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:26 pm 
WWoW Artist

For those wondering, the YouTube page of heymannyg captured the last 15 minutes:

https://youtu.be/yMEudxHs3rs?t=1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:54 pm 
Gold Member

Thanks again for all the coverage over the years, HSF! :Victory
And I hope that Robin continues to make public appearances of some sort. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:14 pm 
WWoW Artist

"There will never be another team like this...You are my first thought and my final thought before I went asleep. Without you, there was never going to be an us."

That was when it hit me, a stake through the heart type of moment.

Once again--this is exactly what happens when CEO's with bloated egos the size of the Atlantic Ocean, those inside the walls that took over known as Warner Brothers/Discovery should have spent way less time focusing on demographics and viewer statistics and figure out why this program had so much heart and soul that uplifted viewers who are (still) sick and tired of political junk, etc. on other broadcasts.

Robin mentioned they will still be around on social media, which is great :D . Let's all think of this sad occasion simply as not a total good bye, but hopefully until we meet again. I am sure some other website, some other platform or company will be so lucky to have their talents and expertise in whatever field(s) they individually decide to pursue.

Who knows what journeys await all of their outstanding personnel, both in front of the camera and especially behind the scenes.

It's very hard to erase the over 21 years that Robin was front and center of, and for HSF when he started capping in 2007. Did I say that right, or I missed a year? :mrgreen: Regardless, you deserve to sleep in and as I always say to other members who decide to take a step back to other pursuits or whatever turns life takes us--

Please don't be an online stranger. You will always have a virtual home with us. :shades

So long, HLN and its' former iteration of the once popular Headline News. It was fun while it lasted.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:27 pm 
Bronze Member

While I’m sure it is sad for fans of the show, that is life in TV.
When you don’t get ratings, you get canceled.
Blaming the bosses who only worry about “demographics and viewer statistics” is misguided IMO, that’s what they are SUPPOSED to worry about.
It doesn’t make sense to pay a host 3 million a year for a show that gets a minuscule audience, no matter how passionate that audience may be, plus add in the cost of the crew that helps put on the show and I’m guessing the numbers just didn’t justify the cost.
They are probably lucky it lasted as long as it did.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:49 pm 
WWoW Artist

Bottom line, the former HLN (hard to believe we have to say that) talent and crew behind the scenes should be so lucky that MXP to last 13 years. Even amidst all of this cord cutting and the rise of streaming, the channel itself lasting close to 41 years is quite an achievement.

Mornings will never be the same again.

Last edited by bigzman on Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:07 pm 
Bronze Member

Ty for all the years of caps, i cried while watching and had no idea. I cried because of robin brought so much joy to everyone. Sad Sad Day!

AWESEMO JOB as always ty so much for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:24 pm 
WWoW Artist

Thanks buddy for all you did! I used to do a lot of capping. Including Robin, but mostly weather girls from way back in Kappy's Kaptured days. Let me say I don't envy you one bit. Capping can be a full time, zero pay job. I gave up on it long ago.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:30 pm 
WWoW Member

Thanks for all the years of doing what you did, it was wonderful to join a community that enjoys the women of news and weather as much as myself. Seems like the heyday of newswomen is over but we’ll always have memories and caps. Boy I have missed curvy Robin though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:11 pm 
WWoW Artist

I thought that this article from earlier this year should sum up what we have been going through mental health wise.

Robin herself spoke about it in a feature article at Simply Buckhead magazine. Here is the link:
https://simplybuckhead.com/here-comes-the-sun/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:37 pm 
Platinum Member

Thank you very much for all you have done enjoy your break you deserve it and im sure we will see Robin some where sooner than later and again thank you very much for all youve done

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:41 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

End of an era. Truly sad. But thanks again HSF for all that you've done. You've truly earned your break. Hope Robin appears somewhere else soon.

ImageImage Image

أنا قد لا يؤمنون بالله ولكن رؤية النساء العربيات يجعلني عجب.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:25 pm 

It appears that HLN has posted the entire farewell show (with only the news portions removed).

Good news for anyone who may have missed it, and possibly the last video of it's kind that HLN will ever post as an entity independent of CNN - which is fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xaw1hYJJZQA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:32 pm 
WWoW regular

Great job!
Here to hoping she pops up somewhere else.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:11 pm 
Silver Member

One last time, with eyes that are damper than they should be...

THANK YOU, HSF!!!

:Tounge :Victory :Dancing :rock :thankyou :Bunny :Banana

:Attention

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:53 pm 
Administrator

Thank you for all of your kind words, everybody. Like soapy said, it was a lot of work for no pay, but I'm glad that my work was appreciated.

It still hasn't fully hit me yet. Maybe it will when it's 3AM tomorrow morning and my brain will be itching to set up my capping gear for something that won't appear anymore. I have an important appointment later this week that would've prevented me from capping on Wednesday, but missing a day is no longer a concern.

Part of my brain was wondering how people would've reacted if I decided to quit, because as I said a few times, burnout had set in several times over the years. Alas, CNN made that choice for me. But I'm sure people would've understood. This was only a hobby. But I'm glad people enjoyed it.

Robin's words in the final segment were well crafted and from the heart. What a wonderful woman. I wish you nothing but luck in whatever comes next, Robin!

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23