Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Susan Hendricks 20221201
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:24 am 
Administrator

https://public.fotki.com/HSF909/news-ba ... h20221201/

Susan returns in another black top and another skirt that she shows off at the couch. Plus more Jen and Melissa.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Susan Hendricks 20221201
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:07 pm 
Jedi Knight

thanks for the caps :mrgreen:

Gretchen Carlson's #1 Fan.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:35 pm 
WWoW Artist

If this is the end for HLN, I want to be one of the first to send along a hearty thank you for everything you have done in covering not only Elizabeth, Susan, Jen, and others--but in large part to covering all things Robin Meade.

There are no words to express how popular she has been since her first day (ironically it started on 9/11, which is hard to believe since leaving a weekend morning gig at NBC5 Chicago.)

For me, I go further back when Headline News was the show of record. They billed themselves with the tagline "Around The World Every 30 Minutes".

For those who might have forgotten, it all began as CNN2 (1982), then became the name everyone knows as Headline News (1982–1997), then rebranded again as CNN Headline News (1997–2007), and finally with HLN: Headline News (2007–2008). Then those stupid, dumb, and endless (fill in your favorite cuss words) courtroom sessions and crime related programming took over the rest of the time when Robin wasn't on.

Say it with me: D--- you, Forensic Files.

I recall seeing names like Lynne Russell, Bob Losure, Judy Fortin, Bobbie Batissta (deceased), Chuck Roberts (the longest serving anchor), and the always Marv Albert sounding like voice of Van Earl Wright closing each half hour with "CNN Headliiiiiiiiiiiiiiine Sports."

There was also the "Hollywood Minute", was often squeezed in following "Headline Sports".

In the early years, there was a short two-minute recap of the hour's top stories, labeled simply as "CNN Headlines" that would follow sports.

I thought of this as lightning quick summaries for the working people, or during the time for the younger crowd while gearing up for dinner following a lengthy block doing homework while in high school.

There was that handy "Headline News Wheel" with the important national and world news at the top and bottom of each hour
15 after the hour was business and personal finance reports ("Dollars and Sense")
20 after was my favorite segment, "Headline Sports"
25 after then featured lifestyle and entertainment reports
The bottom of the hour would then recycle the same format as the previous half hour.

The original purpose of the 25 and 55 after chunk was to allow local cable systems the option of pre-empting that particular segment with what was called a local headline "capsule" from a certain associated regional cable news channel or a local television station (in my area, it did not feature Headline News until it arrived two years after the original launch in 1982.)

But thanks to the Web and to Twitter, it was fun and refreshing to see that ray of "Morning Sunshine" (the title of her book, just FYI)--the always honest, funny, and reliable presence of one Robin Meade.

Sure hope she finds some other job that will make her final working years fulfilling and hoping to forge a path similar to that of Lynn Smith, who runs her own media marketing company teaching young professionals on how to get into the cutthroat media industry.

I guess this is the end. So long, HLN and its' other manifestations. It sure was fun while it lasted.

Matt, dedicated former Headline News watcher on a frequent basis from 1984 to 1995

P.S. Final question then for HSF--who will be next on your list to cap?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:18 pm 
Silver Member

It's sad especially since Robin wasn't able to say Goodbye. Plus we don't know what's going to happen with BVD, Jen, Shyann, Melissa, Susan, Elizabeth, and others. Do they stay on CNN to some capacity or are they all gone? Also, what does Robin do? Does she stay in Atlanta and work at a station there? Go elsewhere?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:40 pm 
Administrator

Am I correct in assuming that these terminations are effective immediately? If not, I'll be capping MXP until the very end... unless I already did. I know HLN has been continually shrinking their live programming for years, but MXP was the last show on the network that still had the network's original modus operandi of all the top headlines in an hour. This is a horrible way to treat the face of your network who has been loyal to you for decades.

Who will I cap next? I'll be honest, I have had many bouts of burnout because after I started capping Robin all those years ago, I had no idea how long I'd be doing it and I had no idea when I'd stop. It ruined my sleep schedule thanks to staying up to sunrise to upload my caps. I just want to take a break. And if Robin bounces back someplace else, I'll check it out and hope that it's a program where she'll be able to be herself. Yes, she's a gorgeous woman with a fantastic body, but her outgoing personality and animated action made her wonderful capping fodder and a true joy to watch.

If today truly is the end... Thank you, Robin. Thank you for being the sunshine in my day.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:29 pm 
Bronze Member

Sad to see CNN terminating Morning Express.

Maybe the ladies could do some try-on hauls on YouTube. Those videos can get a lot of views. I know I would watch.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:12 am 
Platinum Member

:thankyou :blowkiss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:43 am 
WWoW Artist

Now we know why Lynn, Christi, Mike, and others left over the past months to recent years. Got out before the end came. And now Prann loses a job. Will she move to Fox News again? A local? Who knows but she is only 36, if the info I found is true. Said she was 32 in 2018.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:51 am 
Gold Member

I won't re-post bigzman's thoughts, but just have to say that his thoughts are
probably everyone's at this time. I have been a "regular" MXP watcher for years
and will NOT be watching the re-runs and what I refer to as "filler" that they ran
the rest of the day.