Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Michaela Johnson of The Rhode Show
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:18 pm 
WWoW Artist

First a little history: During the 1970's-1990's stations used to have PM Magazines after the news but after a time they were replaced with shows like Inside Edition, Entertainment Tonight and game shows like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Well a few years ago my local station, TV-12 began a show similar to those old PM Magazine shows but at 9:00 AM in the morning. I never really watched it until recently and learned that they changed hosts a few times and in 2012 Michaela (pronounced Mi-Kay-la) Johnson won a contest for new co-host of the show. She has been on since then and I only discovered her a few months ago. I've been taping the shows and saving the best clips with Michaela plus checked out her own Facebook page as well as the Rhode Show facebook page, etc. Here are some photos and screen caps of her:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Note: Row 2 picture 9 features 2 caps of Michaela and one of previous host Mary Larsen, who left the show after getting married and having a baby...

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Michaela Johnson of The Rhode Show
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:20 pm 
WWoW Artist

Here's more Michaela, mostly from the Rhode Show Facebook page and from you tube clips of upcoming shows. Here there are no graphics blocking leg shots and of course I edited out the guys in the photos!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:50 pm 
Bronze Member

she's cute, thought I read it was an annual contest she won in 2010, so how's she still there?
or is she?

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:45 pm 
WWoW Artist

She's still there. Since I wasn't watching the show back in 2010 not sure about all the goings on about hosts. Currently she has 2 male co-hosts: Will Gilbert and Brendan Kirby.
Here's her write-up:

Michaela Johnson is an East Providence native who started with The Rhode Show in 2010 after winning the Search for a Star contest. She attended Bridgewater State University where she played on the women’s basketball team and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Communication. She enjoys cooking, exercise, and meeting new people, all while covering the latest in arts, entertainment, and events that are going on in Rhode Island. She is proud to be part of a collaborative, hardworking, and driven team.

From Wikipedia a history of the show and all the hosts so far:

On February 18, 2009, WNAC launched an hour-long lifestyle and entertainment magazine-type program called The Rhode Show that aired weekday mornings at 8 a.m. A new secondary set for the show was built with a fully functional kitchen. The show was previously hosted by the weekday morning news anchor teams (Vince DeMentri (yep, QVC's Pat James' ex hubby!) & Elizabeth Hopkins from February 2009 - March 2010, Patrick Little & Elizabeth Hopkins from March 2010 - November 2010, and Patrick Little & Danielle North from November 2010 - December 2011). A third alternating host for a period of one year was found annually through open audition in a contest titled The Rhode Show Search for a Star. In 2008, Boston-area radio deejay Shawn Tempesta won the contest out of over 140 people. In 2009, Cranston comedian Ben Hague beat out over 100 other hopefuls. Bridgewater State University graduate Michaela Johnson of East Providence won the honor in 2010. During the week, The Rhode Show was streamed live on WNAC's website. The main channel re-aired the show weekday afternoons at 1 p.m. with WNAC-DT2 (MyRITV) doing the same at 4 p.m..
In December 2011, it was announced that on January 9, 2012, The Rhode Show would move to WPRI and would now begin at 9 a.m. Michaela Johnson and former WPRO-FM (92 PRO-FM) personality Will Gilbert became permanent hosts of the show and Mary Larsen was selected as the third host in the 2011 Search for a Star contest. MyRITV continued to re-air the show at 2 p.m. on weekdays until stopping this practice in 2013. In addition, Eyewitness News This Morning on FOX Providence was extended to fill the hour previously occupied by The Rhode Show. This newscast now airs from 7-9 a.m. When Mary Larsen left, Brendan Kirby won Search for a Star contest in December 2013 and took her place.

BTW: Patrick Little and Danielle North are currently morning news anchors....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:01 am 
WWoW regular

I don't live in RI but I saw Michaela on a web site two years ago and have been a fan ever since. She's extremely beautiful. Thanks for the pics! :rock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:41 pm 
WWoW Artist

Here's more of Michaela Johnson, who isn't afraid to try anything....and look good doing it! And what fun she had doing a segment on the best hamburg places in RI!!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:51 pm 
WWoW regular

Show has a YouTube account and posts clips each day :

https://www.youtube.com/user/therhodeshow/featured

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:25 pm 
WWoW Artist

Watching the shows themselves can be very frustrating. I get more things from their Facebook and Instagram pages.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]