Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:41 am 
Administrator

Volume XXXIII just came out on Tuesday, but I somehow forgot to post what will be on Volume XXXIV, which was actually announced about a while ago at Comic-Con...

317 - VIKING WOMEN VS. THE SEA SERPENT with short: THE HOME ECONOMICS STORY
319 - WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST with short: MR. B. NATURAL
806 - THE UNDEAD
808 - THE SHE CREATURE

All of the episodes come from a licensee that has been difficult to work with and not too willing to license out their properties, which shows what an impressive job that Shout! Factory's legal team has done to clear these movies. While I'd prefer to see The Amazing Colossal Man finally make an official DVD debut before its sequel, I'm certainly not complaining. And hey, it comes with Mr. B. Natural!

"Knew your father, I did!"

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:36 pm 
WWoW Member

HSF wrote:
Volume XXXIII just came out on Tuesday, but I somehow forgot to post what will be on Volume XXXIV, which was actually announced about a while ago at Comic-Con...

317 - VIKING WOMEN VS. THE SEA SERPENT with short: THE HOME ECONOMICS STORY
319 - WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST with short: MR. B. NATURAL
806 - THE UNDEAD
808 - THE SHE CREATURE

All of the episodes come from a licensee that has been difficult to work with and not too willing to license out their properties, which shows what an impressive job that Shout! Factory's legal team has done to clear these movies. While I'd prefer to see The Amazing Colossal Man finally make an official DVD debut before its sequel, I'm certainly not complaining. And hey, it comes with Mr. B. Natural!

"Knew your father, I did!"

Minutes later the police raided his locker. Tune in next time and find out why they call him "Buzz".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:48 am 
Administrator

To once again give this topic a babe-related slant, I found this photo on one of Jennifer Coffey's Instagram accounts...

https://instagram.com/p/3cstInEyMv/
If you're gonna be my friend, you'll have to accept the fact that I wear shirts like these. #MST3k #Nerd4Life

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:21 am 
Administrator

ICYMI, Joel is bringing back MST3K! :band

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ms ... gbackmst3k

After a few years of red tape, Joel now has the rights to the Mystery Science Theater 3000 name and properties, and he is using a Kickstarter campaign in order to help fund new episodes. The more money that is pledged, the larger the number of episodes that will be produced. A $2 million goal has reached nearly half of its goal in one day, which will be a minimum of three episodes. Joel will be behind the camera this time, and there will be a new host, a new mad scientist, and new voices for Crow and Servo. However, the possibility remains that some of the old cast members could also periodically contribute in front of or behind the camera.

Joel provides a few more details in an AMA he did yesterday...

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... ater_3000/

At this point, it seems like it won't be if it'll get off the ground, but how many new episodes will be made.

Keep circulating the URL.

#BringBackMST3K

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:32 pm 
Administrator

Kickstarter update, they met their $2 million goal this past Monday! :trophy
But more money means more episodes. They're currently at $2.4M, and $3.3M means three more episodes. Every additional $1.1M after the initial goal adds an additional three episodes, up to a max total of twelve. It's never too late to keep circulating the URL, which has over two weeks left in its campaign.

Also, this year's Turkey Day Marathon will also be available from the above URL, continuing the new online tradition. Joel will once again select the six episodes, not to be revealed until next Thursday. My guess is that we'll find out more about the new MST3K during his host segments. I'm still trying to get used to Servo's new voice, though.
It was also announced that Jonah Ray, one of the hosts of the Nerdist podcast, will be MST3K's new host. His jumpsuit will be yellow. It's also rumored that Felicia Day will be the new mad scientist, and she will be an offspring of Dr. Forrester (and Pearl's granddaughter). I'm always ambivalent about change, but I'm sure Joel knows what he's doing.

And once again, KEEP CIRCULATING THE URL!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:16 am 
Administrator

With 11 days to go, the Kickstarter is currently at $3.17M, and $3.3M is required to up the episode total to six. I can only hope that a rush near the end of the campaign will at least get them to nine episodes. You don't have to contribute much, because every dollar counts!

Also, the Turkey Day Marathon came and went, complete with "host segments" done by Joel at Kickstarter headquarters. They've all been uploaded to the official MST3K YouTube channel...

The videos also include the previously seen campaign videos of Joel announcing the reboot and the introductions of the new cast members (so far). Part 5 even includes new letters (and Cambot still puts them up on still store), as well as a visit from a woman whose letter was read on the show back when she was eight years old! (She's a musician and she sings a reworking of the theme in Part 7.) More fan mail was also posted on MST3K's official Tumblr page.

As always, KEEP CIRCULATING THE URL!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:02 pm 
Administrator

Two Kickstarter updates...

1) Patton Oswalt has been announced as the second mad scientist, being paired with Felicia Day's Kinga Forrester (Clayton's son and Pearl's granddaughter). Oswalt wants his character to be called "TV's Son of TV's Frank."
http://www.avclub.com/article/patton-os ... enc-229058

2) Perhaps due to this announcement, the $3.3M threshold was broken, meaning that there will be a guaranteed six episodes of new MST3K produced. Remember, the next level is $4.4M for nine episodes, with the ultimate goal being $5.5 for twelve.

So, KEEP CIRCULATING THE URL!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:35 am 
Administrator

THREE DAYS TO GO!

With the finish line in sight, the campaign is currently a few hundred thousand short of reaching nine episodes, consisting of $3.9M from Kickstarter pledges and $240K from add-on rewards. Wait, what? I forgot to mention that you can also buy schwag straight from MST3K's official site. It's good for if you want more stuff from what you originally pledged, something from a higher pledge you really want, or just something you want to buy without having to register at Kickstarter...

http://mst3k.com/kickstarter/addons/

All money sold from these add-ons are supplementally added to the official Kickstarter total, but don't change your original pledge. For instance, the $50 level gets you a t-shirt with one of two designs, but if you want both, you can buy the second shirt as an add-on. They're kinda like a la carte donations.

They're even streaming double features this week to help get you and your fellow MSTies in the mood!

http://mst3k.com/finalcountdown/watchnow/

This'll conclude with a live show on Friday night counting down the end of the campaign. While I'm confident they'll reach the nine episode level, they'll need a huge push for the full $5.5M/12 episode level. So...

KEEP CIRCULATING THE URL!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:07 am 
Administrator

WE DID IT!
(Well, I don't know if any of you contributed, but it sounds better than I Did It!)

At 10PM PST Friday, the Kickstarter ended with $5,764,229 through the help of 48,270 backers. With an additional $500K through add on awards and some extra goals added near the end, we will see FOURTEEN new episodes of MST3K in 2016!
:band
The possibility of a new Christmas episode was put forth as a goal, and then another push for one more was made because thirteen is an unlucky number, I suppose.
A huge second wind came near the end, mostly because of the announcements of people involved. Writers invited to contribute include Dan Harmon and Dana Gould. Possible celebrity cameos include Jack Black, Joel McHale, Bill Hader, Neil Patrick Harris, Jerry Seinfeld and Mark Hamill (seriously!). All this helped MST3K become the highest funded crowd funded show in history. Take that, Veronica Mars!

I'll admit, I still have some reservations about this. While the writing talent will be superb and the potential guest stars are mind-boggling, I can't help but wonder if that will make the show lose it's down home charm of a public access cow town puppet show. But I trust Joel, and I'm sure he'll take my money and do what he thinks is the best interest of the show.
Plus, at the pledge level I donated at, I get to have my name in the show's end credits. Score! :Victory

Incidentally, I keep forgetting to mention that the titles for Volume XXXV were announced a few weeks ago...
315 - TEENAGE CAVEMAN
405 - BEING FROM ANOTHER PLANET
524 - 12 TO THE MOON
703 - DEATHSTALKER AND THE WARRIORS FROM HELL

...and with the release of Volume XXXIV a week or so ago, it'll keep us plenty occupied until Jonah and the bots are ready to riff!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:30 am 
Administrator

Volume XXXV was released yesterday, and as usual, the episodes for Volume XXXVI were announced...

305 - STRANDED IN SPACE
403 - CITY LIMITS
704 - THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN
814 - RIDING WITH DEATH

I'm the squeamish type, so The Incredible Melting Man is my least favorite episode. Guess it's time to suck it up and watch it just one more time.

Not much has been revealed about the progress of the new MST3K, but I do recall Jonah Ray tweeted a few weeks ago that writing is now underway. Good things come to those who wait.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:27 am 
Administrator

I honestly have no idea why I haven't posted this here yet, but there's gonna be an MST3K reunion beamed into theaters nationwide next week.

FYI, Rifftrax is a riffing project started by Mike Nelson, and later joined by Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett. They started doing live shows a few years ago, and this special one will also feature MST3K alums Frank Conniff, Trace Beaulieu, Mary Jo Pehl, Bridget Nelson, upcoming new host Jonah Ray, and creator Joel Hodgson. Yeah, this is gonna be one heck of a riff-o-rama!

It takes place in select theaters on June 28th, along with a repeat on July 12th. I hope that your theater is selected.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:03 am 
Administrator

Some news from Comic-Con...

The most important one is that season 11's home will be on Netflix. No date has been announced for the premiere, but they should be on at some time this year.
It was also announced that Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett and Mary Jo Pehl will make cameos as Professor Bobo, Observer and Pearl Forrester, perhaps as a passing of the torch to the new mads.

And now that Volume XXXVI has arrived, the titles for Volume XXXVII were also announced...
420 - THE HUMAN DUPLICATORS
705 - ESCAPE 2000
817 - HORROR OF PARTY BEACH
819 - INVASION OF THE NEPTUNE MEN

There's now only about a dozen and a half episodes left that haven't seen DVD release, and maybe half of those are highly unlikely to see release due to stingy rights holders. Quite frankly, I'm just impressed that this many episodes have seen home release.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:04 pm 
Bronze Member

Thanks for the updates!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:54 am 
Administrator

A photo tweeted by Jonah recently during a recording session. Although his jumpsuit will be yellow, he wears a black one during the theater segments so the yellow doesn't reflect the green screen.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:36 am 
Bronze Member

HSF, if you have Comet TV network, they broadcast reruns of MST3K on Sunday nights.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:52 am 
Administrator

I heard that the channel recently picked it up, but It doesn't look like my region receives it. Fortunately, one can watch it online if they choose. I think some episodes are on Hulu, too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:45 am 
Administrator

The movie segments have already been shot, yesterday marked the start of the filming of the host segments. Season 11 is on its way!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:41 am 
Administrator

Forgot to mention that general production has wrapped, and I presume all the editing and other post production processes are well underway. I'll relay the premiere date when I get it.

Oh, and I found and appropriate sentiment now that November 8th is finally upon us...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:53 am 
Administrator

For another year, MST3K will have an online turkey day marathon! Just go to http://www.shoutfactorytv.com on Thursday, November 24th at noon ET (9AM PT) for the cheesy goodness. Joel and Jonah will host this year, and the six episodes are the results of an online poll that took place a few weeks ago. That'll make the yams go down easier!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:30 am 
Administrator

A reminder that this year's turkey day marathon mentioned in the previous post is this Thursday. Joel and Jonah will make for a great alternative if the football games turn into boring blowouts.

As far as season 11 goes, everything is still in post production because they want to get everything right. It has been announced that the new season will start airing during the first half of 2017, so if you still haven't subscribed to Netflix yet (like, um, me), it's almost time.

Today is also the day that Volume XXXVII is released, and there's a probable chance that the episodes for the next set will be announced during the marathon. There's only a handful of licensable episodes left, so should there be an announcement, it should be an interesting one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next