Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Using "view posts since last visit"
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:39 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Lets say for some reason you cant visit your favorite board for a couple weeks or so because your PC crashed or had medical problems or some other unforeseen thing. Is it possible to use the heading option to "view posts since last visit" for just one particular folder ie: FOX Newsbabes? If you cant, would it be a worthwhile endeavor to create say a dropdown menu from this selection to do that? More curiosity here than anything. It seems like this could be a lot faster than weeding through say 1500 posts. Other than the owner, probably nobody looks at every entry.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 pm 
Board Owner

HMMMM!

I hear you but we are stuck with the php format that exists for this forum. We don't know if this is feasible with the program. If it were, it would take a bit of time to implement. :Kool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:42 am 
Administrator

I was in the hospital for 7+ weeks. When I came out and got back to coming here, I realized there were just too many posts to ever really catch up on. I just went to every section and viewed the first 2 pages or so.
But- every day that I come here, I check first the "your posts" section to see what replies have been left on things I've posted on, and then "posts since your last visit" which shows you everything that's happened since you were here last. That way, you don't miss a thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:58 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Thanks for the feedback guys. View posts and since last visit I do but was just thinking about only things you wanted to view. And Rocky, the way the board and sponsors are growing, maybe in any future upgrades it could be worked in. We shall see huh?