Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windows 10 unable to hide YouTube progress bar
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:51 am 
WWoW Artist

I have two issues regarding how to cap on upgraded browsers.

1. Unlike Windows 7 where the progress bar on YouTube was easy to hide whenever you pointed your mouse down while seeing the video. With Windows 10, I find it very frustrating to see that the progress bar is still visible.

To get rid of it, you have to scroll down briefly and then go back up while the video is still playing in order to get the full screen to appear. It never happens even when I paused the video just to make sure that I didn't grab a shot of any image that appeared a bit on the blurry side.

Just FYI--this happens on every browser that I use--from Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Google Chrome.

My question is...how can I get rid of those progress bars without constantly scrolling down, then up?

2. After hitting the Start button, I have to constantly scroll down to find a section called Paint 3D. Once I click on that tab, I see a very complicated set of icons before hitting the Paste button towards the upper right corner.

Then it gets really strange :o .

There is a scroll bar just below the icons mostly geared toward artists. It starts out at 52 percent. At that point, I have to use my mouse and point the bar to the right at precisely 80 percent to fill up the screen.

After that, it is easy to save the image and go from there.

What I want to know is...is there a similar program that Windows 7 featured which was not too overly complicated (thanks again to Nick for his past help) that would make me not do all of these extra steps so I can grab one screencap?

I would find this new format to be extremely time consuming, especially doing the segments involving Amber Lancaster plus Ginger Zee and sometimes with Maria Celeste.

Any help on finding me a program that I could download and make the process of saving pics the easier way would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Fixed the problem with Windows 10 YouTube progress bar
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:46 pm 
WWoW Artist

All I did was check out some box in the Compatibility tab.

I am good going forward, just have to find the time to do the caps.
Thanks for your understanding.

Post subject: Re: Windows 10 unable to hide YouTube progress bar
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:12 pm 
WWoW Artist

Small update:

No matter what browser I am using--whether it is Firefox, Edge, Chrome, or Internet Explorer, I am getting the same problem.

Each time that I hit F11 on my keyboard, the scroll bar remains even as the video plays. In the past, when the mouse is nowhere near the screen--the scroll bar disappears.

What can be done to hide the scroll bar? I would appreciate anyone's help on this perplexing step for users of Windows 10.

Thanks again.