Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What vid player are ones using??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:45 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Had a bit of PC glitch over the weekend and had to reset a lot of things. Most seem to be fine but now none of the vids put up here show anything but a blank page. Not the links but the ones we open from the post. Obviously have my default player wrong so what is working?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: What vid player are ones using??
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:17 am 

I'm a little bit confused. Are you having trouble watching videos, say on YouTube, or videos you've downloaded to watch on your desktop? I guess I'll just answer both.

For the latter, we've mentioned it time and time again: VLC is always the way to go.

Or if your problem is watching streaming videos, have you checked if, for some reason, your browser is either blocking plug-ins (e.g. Flash, if it's installed) or set to click-to-play?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:46 pm 

chris217 wrote:
I'm a little bit confused. Are you having trouble watching videos, say on YouTube, or videos you've downloaded to watch on your desktop? I guess I'll just answer both.

For the latter, we've mentioned it time and time again: VLC is always the way to go.

Or if your problem is watching streaming videos, have you checked if, for some reason, your browser is either blocking plug-ins (e.g. Flash, if it's installed) or set to click-to-play?

Guess It was only clear to me. I can watch vids anywhere except here when someone posts one that you can launch from the post. If I can cite an example, today one was posted about Alysin and leaving FOX and all I see here is a blank white space. :?

Last edited by fordloco on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:47 pm 
Gold Member

i think i get what youre trying to say. the aly vid is a youtube video
maybe u need to update flash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:53 pm 

johnkay wrote:
i think i get what youre trying to say. the aly vid is a youtube video
maybe u need to update flash

Hey good idea, will try that.
:thankyou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:35 pm 

Ah! Embedded YouTube videos! Got it now. You say you can't watch a YouTube video on this site, but anywhere else you can. To be honest, I genuinely have no clue why that's happening to you.

Firefox 37 (the most recent one) and nearly every version of Chrome play YouTube videos with HTML5 instead of Flash. Perhaps, for some reason, your PC isn't working well with HTML5?

Try checking this page: https://www.youtube.com/html5 -- If it says "the HTML5 player is currently used when possible" then HTML5 is working. Firefox is more problematic for me when playing HTML5 videos, and if that might be the case for you, you can try to force it to run Flash on YouTube. If Firefox is what you're using, this add-on might be useful: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... eo-player/

Maybe that will help.

My primary browser is Chrome and I rarely ever have trouble playing videos on any site with it. So I don't really know the exact cause of your problem. Sorry, but I hope at least some of that info is useful.