Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Printscreen software to extract streaming video caps
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:35 pm 
WWoW Artist

I need some ideas on software to use to extract still images from streaming video so I won't have to record the stream either with a screen recorder or with some downloading video software.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Printscreen software to extract streaming video caps
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:56 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Looking forward to the reply and answer to that one. :cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:20 pm 

I don't think there's software that exists specifically for that purpose. :?

You could just do it manually. Use your preferred screen capture software, play the streaming video in fullscreen, and hold down the capture hotkey. That's literally what I did once when I couldn't download a stream a couple years ago. Not ideal of course but it worked well enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:53 pm 
WWoW Artist

I've been using Gadwin PrintScreen for years to do just what chris217 is doing. http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:02 pm 
WWoW Artist

braniac wrote:
I've been using Gadwin PrintScreen for years to do just what chris217 is doing. http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen

I guess I am using that. I had installed the latest version but it was with a watermark. However, I found the older unwatermarked version from 2012. So I am good to go. I wanted to do something with it when I posted the thread. I forgot what it was, but least I have it now. i think it was to cap streams of local news shows across the country.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:05 pm 
WWoW Artist

I'm still unsure what to cap for this site. I once promised someone Martha MacCallum and then it became a awful chore. I realized I oversleep shows in the morning and run out of space on hard drive with recording. Can't afford DVR that would record in HD. So I am stuck. Therefore I would rather find something late afternoons. Not able to find anything that nobody else hasn't done or is doing. The one good show in my area is at 9am and I tried to record it but have the same issues. I don't know how to time record the Capture card either.

So I am thinking of trying to screen print a show out of OKC, if it streams. I saw that the channel now broadcasts its news shows online so this one lifestyle and consumer talk show that is similar to the show in my area, Kansas City at 9am, should stream. But If I am busy with other stuff may not get to capture show. But it is worth a try. Won't be HD, but I do what I can.

There are other things I am brainstorming. The local news at 6pm I did a couple times, but people then wanted shows I never get a chance to see or record. But I sometimes am eating so can't always capture the show at 6pm. So I tried to record it. Not much leg on it. But a decent looking woman anchors.

So I am mostly lost on how i can record stuff daily without hassle, learning how to time record shows on my card, and what to cap. But at least now with the Gadwin print screen i could capture a show on locals out of town.