Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Computer help...PLEASE!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:03 pm 
Silver Member

The other night my computer was forced to shut down. Here's part of the message.

"a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE SEEN THIS STOP ERROR SCREEN RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. IF THIS SCREEN APPEARS AGAIN, FOLOW THESE STEPS:

CHECK TO MAKE SURE ANY NEW HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED. IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALLATION, ASK YOUR HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE MANUFACTURER FOR ANY WINDOWS UPDATES YOU MIGHT NEED.
IF PROBLEMS CONTINUE, DISABLE OR REMOVE ANY NEWLY INSTALLED HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. DISABLE BIOS MEMORY OPTIONS SUCH AS CACHING OR SHADOWING. IF YOU NEED TO USE SAFE MODE TO REMOVE OR DISABLE COMPONENTS, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER, PRESS F8 TO SELECT ADVANCED STARTUP OPTIONS, AND THEN SELECT SAFE MODE.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION :
*** STOP : 0X0000000A (0X00000004, 0X00000028, 0X00000002, 0XB04EA5DC)

BEGINNING DUMP OD PHYSICAL MEMORY
PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE.
CONTACT YOUR SYSTEM ADMIN OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP FOR FURTHER"

I tried to restart my comp a few times but the situation became worse,until I finally got a "Non System disk or disk error" message. I had some work to do,so I just unplugged that comp and put it to the side for the time being. Grabbed my old Dell out of the closet,hooked it up and it worked fine for about an hour. Then all of a sudden, I got the same error message from above on the second computer. I was like "what the heck"??? So I messed around with it for a while,and noticed that every time I plugged the keyboard in,the error message would pop up. The comp runs fine without the keyboard though. So, I went and got a new keyboard. And the same error popped up again when I plugged in the new one. I do not understand what the heck is going on here. It's not possible for a keyboard to have a virus,and infect the usb ports...is it?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Computer help...PLEASE!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:06 pm 
Gold Member

Anyway you could call the geek squad at your nearest Best Buy? They could go to your house and see what is causing that problem.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:11 pm 
Silver Member

Mark85la wrote:
Anyway you could call the geek squad at your nearest Best Buy? They could go to your house and see what is causing that problem.

I just may have to do that,because I'm not getting any good answers online. This is really strange. How can two computers have the same problem suddenly,when I've never had this issue before with either one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:28 pm 
Gold Member

Art Vandelay wrote:
Mark85la wrote:

I just may have to do that,because I'm not getting any good answers online. This is really strange. How can two computers have the same problem suddenly,when I've never had this issue before with either one.

I had that problem with my old computer, I got tired of dealing with it all the time, so I just got a new one eventually.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:02 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

What peripherals do you have plugged into the PC? It almost reads like its trying to boot out of sequence. I would try only booting the PC up with just the monitor and mouse. Then if it works, plug one at a time in and see where you get the error again. Win7 has a listing of start up programs, see if any of them can be eliminated and let it proceed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:52 pm 
Silver Member

fordloco wrote:
What peripherals do you have plugged into the PC? It almost reads like its trying to boot out of sequence. I would try only booting the PC up with just the monitor and mouse. Then if it works, plug one at a time in and see where you get the error again. Win7 has a listing of start up programs, see if any of them can be eliminated and let it proceed.

It works fine with just the monitor and mouse plugged in. It's only when I plug in the keyboard that in malfunctions. I will check out the start up programs. Thanks ford.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:46 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Art Vandelay wrote:
fordloco wrote:

It works fine with just the monitor and mouse plugged in. It's only when I plug in the keyboard that in malfunctions. I will check out the start up programs. Thanks ford.

Well crap Art, the Keyboard is a required part of the boot process. Don't remove it from the start-up. Surely you have another one with a USB connector you can try and even could be the USB port itself. Try plugging your current one into another port. This stuff all has Plug & Play technology. It will find it. Missed you and Anna this weekend. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:56 pm 
Silver Member

That is very strange that you'd be getting the same error message with two separate computers then the thing with the keyboard. Wish I had some help for you Art but I can't think of anything.

Best of luck getting your problem fixed! :Thumb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:46 am 
Silver Member

thatguy wrote:
That is very strange that you'd be getting the same error message with two separate computers then the thing with the keyboard. Wish I had some help for you Art but I can't think of anything.

Best of luck getting your problem fixed! :Thumb

I just figured out that it's most likely my HD PVR device that's causing all of these problems. My brother gave me one of his computers and everything was working fine until I installed Total Media Extreme 2 and used the HD PVR. I was able to record,but when I tried to play the video back in VLC,the comp froze and then that same blue error screen popped up on my the THIRD computer. It HAS to be HD PVR box that's causing these problems.

Has anyone else have this problem with the Hauppauge device?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:08 pm 
WWoW Artist

I would try removing all the software for the PVR device. Do that in the control panel add/remove programs section. After that stuff is removed plug the PVR back into your computer and it should automatically reinstall all the software/drivers etc,,,

That will probably fix the issue for you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 pm 
WWoW Artist

I just read your last post about it freezing when playing the vid in VLC. I've had that happen in the past with the VLC player. Sometimes the VLC version gets out of date which causes compatibility issues. You might want to remove the VLC in the control panel then just reinstall a new up to date VLC player. Try the new VLC install before messing with the PVR because the VLC uninstall/fresh install is simple to do.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:34 pm 
Silver Member

joeycap666 wrote:
I just read your last post about it freezing when playing the vid in VLC. I've had that happen in the past with the VLC player. Sometimes the VLC version gets out of date which causes compatibility issues. You might want to remove the VLC in the control panel then just reinstall a new up to date VLC player. Try the new VLC install before messing with the PVR because the VLC uninstall/fresh install is simple to do.

Thanks joey,I will try to do it now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:54 pm 
Silver Member

Maybe try smplayer it's what I use.

http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/

Though I use an older version

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SMPlayer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:03 pm 
Silver Member

I tried what joey said,it didn't work. I'm just so done with this crap.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:38 pm 
Bronze Member

Have you tried removing everything connected to it and only have the mouse and keyboard attached?

I had something similar in the past where I just couldn't get it to work and so I had to reinstall the operating system.

To get the files from the computer saved before I reinstalled it I had a burned copy of Ubuntu on disc and ran it off the disc so that I could move all my files to my portable hard drive and then I just reinstalled windows.

Can you boot from your computer's operating system cd-rom to try to fix the error?

I use GOM player to play videos, not sure if VLC is causing it but for my computer, VLC sometimes takes a while to load for me..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:21 am 
Silver Member

bigbird wrote:
Have you tried removing everything connected to it and only have the mouse and keyboard attached?

I had something similar in the past where I just couldn't get it to work and so I had to reinstall the operating system.

To get the files from the computer saved before I reinstalled it I had a burned copy of Ubuntu on disc and ran it off the disc so that I could move all my files to my portable hard drive and then I just reinstalled windows.

Can you boot from your computer's operating system cd-rom to try to fix the error?

I use GOM player to play videos, not sure if VLC is causing it but for my computer, VLC sometimes takes a while to load for me..

I've tried all of the above except reinstalling the os,which really isn't necessary because like I stated above,the error showed up on different computers. It's most likely the HD PVR that's causing the problem. I'll have to get it checked out.

Update: I also found out that now I can get the device to record standard definition channels smoothly without any errors,but as soon as I try to record in HD is when the error and shut down occurs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:55 pm 
WWoW Artist

Art Vandelay wrote:

Update: I also found out that now I can get the device to record standard definition channels smoothly without any errors,but as soon as I try to record in HD is when the error and shut down occurs.

By the sounds of that description what may have happened is your PVR might have updated itself and now your HD quality settings on the PVR is set too high and could be overwhelming the capabilities of your computer. Or did you try to tweak the HD settings to enhance the quality? That is why you got the memory dump error, the PC hardware isn't sufficient to play the file. That would make sense as to why it is occurring on multiple computers because all of them lack the "oomph"/hardware required to play that high of a quality HD file. See if there is a way to still record in HD but to tone down the quality setting on the PVR so it takes less PC resources to use it.

It is kind of like trying to play the new XBox1 games in the old 360 console which would cause a crash.

Your PC is probably fine somehow your PVR settings for those HD files probably just got ramped up too high.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:21 pm 
Gold Member

Maybe it overheated.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:02 pm 
Silver Member

Often my PVR freezes up on me and I lose signal on my pc. If I close the program and reopen it I get a usb error message. Only way to get it working again is to unplug the usb cable power down the PVR and then power it up again, wait for it to reboot then plug back in the usb cable then open the recorder program again.

I've never gotten blue screens before but it definitly sounds like your PVR is what's causing the problem.

Joey's explanation sounds like what it could be, any luck yet Art?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:41 pm 
Silver Member

joeycap666 wrote:
Your PC is probably fine somehow your PVR settings for those HD files probably just got ramped up too high.

On all three pc though? I wouldn't be so frustrated if it was just one pc causing these problems with,but I've now moved three different computers in that room,with the same results.

thatguy wrote:
Often my PVR freezes up on me and I lose signal on my pc. If I close the program and reopen it I get a usb error message. Only way to get it working again is to unplug the usb cable power down the PVR and then power it up again, wait for it to reboot then plug back in the usb cable then open the recorder program again.

I've never gotten blue screens before but it definitly sounds like your PVR is what's causing the problem. Joey's explanation sounds like what it could be, any luck yet Art?

No luck at all tg. In fact,more problems are starting to occur. I've tried every step joey has suggested,but no change. I brought a new keyboard,a new wireless mouse,new usb cords,reinstalled the os,reinstalled all of my software,new power cords etc... to no avail. And now My screen goes black whenever I try to play m2ts or ts files. No blue error screen,but just a plain black screen.

The only thing I haven't switched,upgraded or updated is my lcd monitor. I also want to thank everyone for their comments. I really appreciate the help.