Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Computer help...PLEASE!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:32 pm 
Silver Member

Quote:
No luck at all tg. In fact,more problems are starting to occur. I've tried every step joey has suggested,but no change. I brought a new keyboard,a new wireless mouse,new usb cords,reinstalled the os,reinstalled all of my software,new power cords etc... to no avail. And now My screen goes black whenever I try to play m2ts or ts files. No blue error screen,but just a plain black screen.

The only thing I haven't switched,upgraded or updated is my lcd monitor. I also want to thank everyone for their comments. I really appreciate the help.

No prob, we all miss your caps!

How old is your PVR itself? Maybe just time to get a new one?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:09 pm 
Bronze Member

Art Vandelay wrote:
joeycap666 wrote:
Your PC is probably fine somehow your PVR settings for those HD files probably just got ramped up too high.

On all three pc though? I wouldn't be so frustrated if it was just one pc causing these problems with,but I've now moved three different computers in that room,with the same results.

thatguy wrote:
Often my PVR freezes up on me and I lose signal on my pc. If I close the program and reopen it I get a usb error message. Only way to get it working again is to unplug the usb cable power down the PVR and then power it up again, wait for it to reboot then plug back in the usb cable then open the recorder program again.

I've never gotten blue screens before but it definitly sounds like your PVR is what's causing the problem. Joey's explanation sounds like what it could be, any luck yet Art?

No luck at all tg. In fact,more problems are starting to occur. I've tried every step joey has suggested,but no change. I brought a new keyboard,a new wireless mouse,new usb cords,reinstalled the os,reinstalled all of my software,new power cords etc... to no avail. And now My screen goes black whenever I try to play m2ts or ts files. No blue error screen,but just a plain black screen.

The only thing I haven't switched,upgraded or updated is my lcd monitor. I also want to thank everyone for their comments. I really appreciate the help.

If it is a monitor driver or video setting issue, you should be able to determine by booting into safe mode. If it boots into safe mode and your video is OK, boot back into Windows and check the driver. There maybe a check box that says not to display video modes that your hardware can not handle.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:00 pm 
WWoW Artist

That sucks :(, it must be the PVR unit. I know you haven't had it long from the other thread so that would suck if it quit working already.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:22 pm 
WWoW Artist

Yeah, the safemode suggestion by Aku is worth a shot.

Also just for the heck of it, right click on your start toolbar and click "start task manager", click up top where it says "processes" that will show most of the programs u have running and will tell you the % of physical memory being used. Look at your % and see if there is a program sucking up a ton of resources.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:34 am 
Silver Member

joeycap666 wrote:
That sucks :(, it must be the PVR unit. I know you haven't had it long from the other thread so that would suck if it quit working already.

Oh yeah I forgot he had just replaced his. :Doh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:08 pm 
Silver Member

joeycap666 wrote:

Also just for the heck of it, right click on your start toolbar and click "start task manager", click up top where it says "processes" that will show most of the programs u have running and will tell you the % of physical memory being used. Look at your % and see if there is a program sucking up a ton of resources.

Hey guys,I finally figured out what the problem was. I had to update the Intel graphics drivers. Having the outdated driver was causing my pc to malfunction when playing certain video files and hardware devices (HD PVR ). So I updated everything and now the PVR device is working fine,but VLC,Media Player Classic,and other players still can't play HD video files. I should be ok once I get a new pc back in here. The ones I have here now are just too old. Hopefully sometime next week.

Thanks again for all of your support guys. :rock

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:23 pm 
Gold Member

Good to hear Art

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:50 pm 
WWoW Artist

Art Vandelay wrote:
joeycap666 wrote:

Hey guys,I finally figured out what the problem was. I had to update the Intel graphics drivers. Having the outdated driver was causing my pc to malfunction when playing certain video files and hardware devices (HD PVR ). So I updated everything and now the PVR device is working fine,but VLC,Media Player Classic,and other players still can't play HD video files. I should be ok once I get a new pc back in here. The ones I have here now are just too old. Hopefully sometime next week.

Thanks again for all of your support guys. :rock

Glad you were able to figure out what it was. :Thumb

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:35 pm 
Silver Member

Just got another BSOD stop error on my new pc. Forced shut down and won't boot.

"Stop Error 0x000000F4 (0X00000003,0X86068860,0X860689D4,0X805FBQE4"

I do not have the energy or the patience for this sh*t at this point. Unbelievable.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:53 pm 
WWoW Artist

BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death
You could search google where there are a number of potential solutions but if it won't reboot even in the 'safe mode' then you will have to reload operating instructions and configuration which you should have received on disc when you bought the PC. If you bought it from a local store I would take it to them and start choking people until they fix it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:34 pm 
Bronze Member

After a ton of troubleshooting, I just finally came to the conclusion that my PVR bit the dust.

Waiting for the new one to arrive.