Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: VLC Player Fail....choppy audio issues with video
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:46 am 
WWoW Artist

Always something, folks. I have had just about every issue you can have with windows and with software. I downloaded today a HD video in FLV format from a channel in Spain's website that was in full. I went with the full HD version that was 720p using the Internet Download Manager, but it wouldn't have matter what way I downloaded it or what the quality was. Because I actually downloaded a lesser quality later with same issues, it was 404p. When I played both versions back on VLC, the player was playing back choppy audio that was cutting out. I read up on issues and read up on VLC. I then read to try other players. As a first option it was recommended on a thread to use Windows Media Player and I did. Well I found that, despite having a disclaimer that WMP does not recognized the .flv format and that it may not playback correctly, the video not only played back correctly but the audio was perfect. So VLC has issues playing back some videos now. Especially high quality ones. Basically, the more I try VLC the more errors I find. Another error I found was wma and asx files do not play in VLC and that it is wise not to let VLC use a plugin in your browser to run those files or they won't play. So despite the software's best intentions sometimes it is sub-par. So if I were to use VLC to cap this video then I would have to mute the video's audio to not hear it.

P.S. I downloaded a test file from Fox News' website from Carol Alt's weekend show in 720p in HD and ran it on VLC and it played back correctly. But no matter what I do with the video running on this Spanish tv website for Antena 3 the video is choppy on VLC. Granted that the Fox video was 9 minutes long and the Spanish tv video was a full 52 minute show without commercials. Length could be an issue.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: VLC Player Fail....choppy audio issues with video
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:41 am 
Bronze Member

VLC has a new version out 2.1.3 maybe they fixed some problems you mentioned.

I mainly use GOM player and it works good on HD files for me so maybe try that out:

http://download.cnet.com/GOM-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10551786.html

Post subject: Re: VLC Player Fail....choppy audio issues with video
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:00 am 
WWoW Artist

bigbird wrote:
VLC has a new version out 2.1.3 maybe they fixed some problems you mentioned.

I mainly use GOM player and it works good on HD files for me so maybe try that out:

http://download.cnet.com/GOM-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10551786.html

Thanks for the reply. I will try out the GOM Player.