Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do you cap?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:38 pm 
Bronze Member

Honest question. I'd like to learn and get involved. Was going to look on youtube but wanted to get some advice from those who have done it awhile and specifically for this site.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: How do you cap?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:30 pm 
WWoW Artist

You just have to get the video of the show from your tv/cable feed to your computer. Some people like myself just use a DVR player to record the show then transfer the show to their computer.

Some cappers use a card/box you just plug into the slot of your computer that lets u have the video from your cable company directly on your computer. I don't use that method but others can recommend one for you. I think Hauppage(sp?) makes a popular one.

Once you have the show on your computer it is easy to make caps just using a basic media player like VLC which is available for free.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 am 
Bronze Member

I have a DVR but how do I get the show from there to my desktop pc? Do I need to have a cable running between the 2? They are a ways apart so it would be difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:11 pm 
WWoW Artist

BatmanFan wrote:
I have a DVR but how do I get the show from there to my desktop pc? Do I need to have a cable running between the 2? They are a ways apart so it would be difficult.

Sorry about the delayed response, been busy this week. What kind of DVR is it? I have a tivo unit and that has a wireless adapter that connects directly to my home router/wifi so it just transfers the shows without any hookup just uses the internet.

I think with other DVR's you have to copy the shows to disc then insert the disc into your pc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:57 pm 
Administrator

joeycap666 wrote:
BatmanFan wrote:

Sorry about the delayed response, been busy this week. What kind of DVR is it? I have a tivo unit and that has a wireless adapter that connects directly to my home router/wifi so it just transfers the shows without any hookup just uses the internet.

I think with other DVR's you have to copy the shows to disc then insert the disc into your pc.

The second part is how I make caps. I have a DVR recorder with a hard drive. I'll record the show to the hard drive, edit out what I don't want, then copy it to a DVD disc and then make caps using media player classic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:12 pm 
WWoW Artist

If he wants to capture in HD he needs one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-1212-De ... 46-0912243

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-Colossu ... B004OVE2B4

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6815100049

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:48 pm 
Bronze Member

joeycap666 wrote:
BatmanFan wrote:

I have DirecTV DVR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:28 pm 
WWoW Artist

BatmanFan wrote:
joeycap666 wrote:
BatmanFan wrote:

I have DirecTV DVR

This page explains it in detail for the direcTV dvr. Looks like you might be able to just hook up an ethernet cable from the dvr to router if you have a router then download their free direct2pc software. That is kind of the same exact setup I have with tivo but I use wireless instead of an ethernet cable.

http://techtips.salon.com/transfer-dire ... 21740.html

You can also probably use the burn to disc method as well with that DVR like Laker mentioned if you don't have a home router.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:17 am 
Administrator

joeycap666 wrote:

This page explains it in detail for the direcTV dvr. Looks like you might be able to just hook up an ethernet cable from the dvr to router if you have a router then download their free direct2pc software. That is kind of the same exact setup I have with tivo but I use wireless instead of an ethernet cable.

You can also probably use the burn to disc method as well with that DVR like Laker mentioned if you don't have a home router.

joey, What is your method for making caps and clips with the Tivo? I have a Tivo and have it wired to my computer using a router with an ethernet cable. I can get .Tivo file on my computer, but the only player I have found that will play it is Windows Media Player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:40 pm 
WWoW Artist

Laker wrote:
joeycap666 wrote:

joey, What is your method for making caps and clips with the Tivo? I have a Tivo and have it wired to my computer using a router with an ethernet cable. I can get .Tivo file on my computer, but the only player I have found that will play it is Windows Media Player.

Hi Laker, I just use a program called videoredo3 and that converts the tivo file into your standard mpeg. I think I still have the demo though of videoredo so it limits my clips to a one minute max, I never paid to upgrade from that demo because my clips are never longer than 1 minute. It is nice though because i don't have to convert the entire 5gb tivo file, it lets you play the tivo file and watch it and splice and choose the best parts for the 1 minute of clip you want and converts that 1 minute to like a 90 mb mpeg clip for you and it only takes about 30 seconds to convert the file so it is quick.

I think the new version is called plus it is the 3rd one at the link below. :Kool
http://www.videoredo.com/en/Download.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:57 pm 
Administrator

joey thanks for the info, will look into that program :Kool

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:16 pm 
WWoW Artist

I'm a little late on this post. But this is how I create caps.