Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wintv version 7 scheduling recordings problem.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 am 
WWoW Artist

Not sure where on the web to find an answer for this, but I tried this morning to schedule recordings on my Win tv player version 7. However, it seems when I put in the data, to record the shows on the scheduler, I got a error saying that win tv tuner could not be found. As such I could not record anything but one channel at a time. What happened to cause this, how do I fix it and is there a manual that explains how to set up recordings? Seems I am having major problems setting up recordings on the scheduler or else I don't know how to do it and I can't find on the win tv homepage the area explaining about setting up recordings. The manual that came with the tuner does not come with much info on the player or the remote. So I need some help or advice.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Wintv version 7 scheduling recordings problem.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 am 
WWoW Artist

I found the manual on the web and the instructions are all well and nice but the recorder is still buggy, as in it doesn't address my specific issue. I had done everything it mentions on the web manual. However, not able to try again at the moment. I punched in all the info for the channels I wanted to record and it crashed with an error saying win tv 7 couldn't be found. I'll have to re-try later. But Something is not right. I might add that the Hauppauge forums are complicated to post at. And I understand the reason. They want as much information as necessary to be able to fix the problem and they also wanted specific things posted in a thread or they don't answer it. So that is time consuming. I might also add then there is a customer service to call, because some people on the thread did call it to resolve issues. I have not looked into it and as such don't know the number. But right now I am in no position to make the call. When I punch in the information on the scheduler of the shows I want recorded, I get this win tv 7 can not be found. It will only start the first recording, which was supposed to be just one segment of the weather channel. When it finished ten minutes later I was forced into just recording one channel, NBC, without using the scheduler and it will record the channel now for several hours. The other recordings will not record and they will crash the player with that error. I had been hoping I could record part of CNN then 2 hours of Today Show then an hour of Price Is Right followed by Jenna Lee on Fox News and some soap on ABC for leg and possibly the Talk or some more CNN. But I couldn't.

Post subject: Re: Wintv version 7 scheduling recordings problem.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:31 am 
WWoW Artist

Seems to be working now. But what I did was set up the recordings differently. They don't stop from one channel and start from the other at the same time. I have to set a minute later for next channel. I'm new to this as I used a DVR for years, which could stop and start another channel the same minute, with dscaler as the generic player. Well Last night however something happened because the recording cut out during the El Gordo replay. It was like someone purposely stopped the recording. But I was asleep and computer was off. But I got Red Eye. Still learning. The difficulty for me is setting up recordings because I like to record segments but I'll figure it out. Of note, the channels don't change when I stop a live recording not on timer unless I hit the live tv button, but it is live and not time shifted. But have to do it anyways. Been stopping recordings by hitting the record button again. I'll try stop, but last time I did it wouldn't stop a recording so who knows. I'm still learning and the controls are different from DVR and dscaler. PLus I have to read on any third party players that could work better. WMC was not giving me the QAM channels. Occasionally I get errors on win tv, like I did with the recordings yesterday. Some times it closes on me, but rare. But again on Dscaler sometimes it had errors. Also to finish Up I have to manually set up the channel names on the lineup and I never activated the guide I read about. The bad part is I can't pause recordings or flip channels while recording.

P.S. Hit the stop button on the player and the record button went away on the toolbar then I got a black screen. I have to hit live tv anyways to bring back the record button and the tv. Also it seems I can change the channels after stopping the recording with the player's menu but not with remote.