Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone upgrade to Windows 10? What do you think?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:40 pm 
WWoW Artist

I did but not before I watched numerous vids on YT concerning all the privacy issues. Basically you have to go into settings and turn off everything. Otherwise it's like a Microsoft representative came with the upgrade and is sitting next to you while you're on your PC. It's crazy! Other than that I like it a lot. :jetserl
Share your experience or ask me for the vids I found. Oh; and I'm keeping it. I actually like it now that I've got my privacy settings where I want them.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Anyone upgrade to Windows 10? What do you think?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:42 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

I read a lot of this from reviews before the release and cancelled my upgrade. Using Windows 7 Pro and just as good without all the clutter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:05 pm 
WWoW Artist

I had Windows 8.1 so it was an improvement for me. But I would not have upgraded if I didn't know how to fix all the privacy issues. Oh...this is good too: The new Edge browser doesn't allow for add-ons yet so I couldn't integrate IDM with it. That's fine because I'm used to switching back and forth between explorer and firefox depending on my needs. So now I have 3 browsers pinned to my taskbar, lol. But I will say Microsoft Edge is fast.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:11 pm 
Bronze Member

I upgraded the day it was released and just didn't care for it. So I immediately went back to Windows7! 10 just seemed real slow to me and had so much unnecessary apps that I'd never use.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:48 pm 
WWoW Artist

I was lucky enough to get my 3rd PC ever recently so it can handle pretty much anything (12GB RAM; 2TB hard drive). It seems to like Windows 10 better than it did 8.1 although I've never heard anything said good about 8.1. I disabled most if not all the apps. I'm not an app person. I don't even use a smart phone. I just like to search, download and watch anything and everything in HD. So I think we're going to get along.
But as a side note many of the guys who did the windows 10 tutorials and knew their $hit said they weren't going to upgrade. Then again none that I noted had been using 8.1 previously.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:17 pm 

I'd like to upgrade, but I'm completely dependent on Windows Media Center to record. I have to stick with Windows 7 a little while longer until there's other software that supports Cablecards. :x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:47 pm 
WWoW Artist

I got Win10 in about the first week. I came from Win8.1. I like having the Start menu back and that I don't have to go between two interfaces all the time. My HP computer had their own Start menu when I bought it (original Win8) and it was slow. There are two problems with the operating system that I face. I cannot add any more programs to the WinTV Scheduler that came with my Hauppauge HD-PVR 1212 but I can still use TitanTV with it. Also, Windows Explorer gets slow at times, especially when I run DVDVideoSoft's Video to JPG Converter. I usually have to reboot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:20 pm 
WWoW Artist

Since I record to a cable DVR first then use my PVR to get it on my PC I seem to have avoided the problems you & chris have but movie maker 2.6 doesn't work anymore and that was the only movie maker that has the zoom box feature. I tried all day to find another free editor that has it. Anyone know of one?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:44 pm 
WWoW Artist

tdubya68801 wrote:
I got Win10 in about the first week. I came from Win8.1. I like having the Start menu back and that I don't have to go between two interfaces all the time. My HP computer had their own Start menu when I bought it (original Win8) and it was slow. There are two problems with the operating system that I face. I cannot add any more programs to the WinTV Scheduler that came with my Hauppauge HD-PVR 1212 but I can still use TitanTV with it. Also, Windows Explorer gets slow at times, especially when I run DVDVideoSoft's Video to JPG Converter. I usually have to reboot.

Don't know if this related to your scheduler issue but my PVR crapped out so I hooked up an old USB stick I had used to transfer VHS to my PC. Anyway it came with WinTV7 so I re-installed the software which triggered a free upgrade to WinTV8 compatible with Windows 10. The criteria:
A valid WinTV v7 application CD-ROM or a WinTV v7 installation code will be needed to install this WinTV v8 version
Here's the link

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/support ... intv8.html