Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Resizing clips
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:16 am 
Administrator

I need some input about software that can resize a large good quality mpg video to a smaller file size without losing too much quality. I've seen some of Papa Pauls avi's and they are crystal clear and only about 3MB. Here's an example of a large (10.8MB) clip that's really good quality:

http://rapidshare.de/files/5984947/Barb ... _Cross.mpg

I made an avi with the same clip which is only 0.94MB, but the quality is OK but not great:

http://rapidshare.de/files/5929120/Barb ... _cross.avi

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:32 am 
WWoW Artist

Just noticed your post. Have you tried Windows Movie Maker? You may already have it installed.

It uses .wmv format, excellent bang for the buck in terms of quality vs. size, at least in the Windows world. You control either 1) output file size, which produces a variable bit rate file or 2) fixed bit rate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:14 pm 
Administrator

Thanks for the reply lateapex, but those particular mpeg files can't be imported onto moviemaker. Nero Vision works, but with no audio. :x I was wondering if anyone knew of any other software that might work.

The link to the file I want to resize is above in case anyone has any software and wants to see if it will work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

www.divx.com has some programs that can compress to a much smaller size and maintain good quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:55 pm 
Administrator

malone42 wrote:
www.divx.com has some programs that can compress to a much smaller size and maintain good quality.

Thank malone. I've got the create bundle which has a converter that converts to DivX format. It turns out really good, but I think most people use Windows media player which doesn't support that format. I'm going to check out their website to see if they have other programs that convert to other formats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:01 pm 
WWoW regular

donkeed wrote:
malone42 wrote:

I've got the create bundle which has a converter that converts to DivX format. It turns out really good, but I think most people use Windows media player which doesn't support that format. quote]

It dont :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:15 pm 
WWoW Artist

Quote:
but I think most people use Windows media player which doesn't support that format

Once the divx codec is installed on your system, Windows Media Player "Classic", (the one that comes with your system install-cd - it even is on OEM Systems too), will play back divx movies too. No problems at all.

Just configure your system to choose the classic version to open up and play back all divx avi files by default. That can be done by > right-clicking on a video file and choosing > open with. Scroll down until you find the icon of Media Player Classic and double click on it. Don't forget to mark the square box underneath that says: "make this player the default for this type of file" (Could be different due to the original englisch discription tho). That should work for everyone working on a ms pc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:18 pm 
WWoW regular

vivadante wrote:
Quote:
but I think most people use Windows media player which doesn't support that format

Once the divx codec is installed on your system, Windows Media Player "Classic", (the one that comes with your system install-cd - it even is on OEM Systems too), will play back divx movies too. No problems at all.

Just configure your system to choose the classic version to open up and play back all divx avi files by default. That can be done by > right-clicking on a video file and choosing > open with. Scroll down until you find the icon of Media Player Classic and double click on it. Don't forget to mark the square box underneath that says: "make this player the default for this type of file" (Could be different due to the original englisch discription tho). That should work for everyone working on a ms pc.

I have windows media player 10 and the Divx plays on mine