Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: CBS Series Supergirl(possible spoilers)
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:52 am 
Silver Member

After watching the pilot I have to say I am having mixed feelings about it, Of course Supergirl is super hot as always(enough of a reason for me to watch it regularly) but Cat Grant(Calista Flockhart) seems too old, I always thought Cat Grant was a hot 20/30 year old not 51 years old, Jimmy Olsen seems too old(He appears to be in the 30s, athletic, confident) Jimmy has always been a late teen/early 20 nerd.

As for the story it seems that they are using Smallville season six storyline where Clark escape the phantom zone and Phantom Zone prisoners escape with him including(In Supergirl she escapes the phantom zone and the phantom prisoners escape with her).

I like how they have cast Dean Cain(Clark Kent/Superman in The New Adventures of Superman) as Kara's(Supergirl) Earth Father and Helen Slater(Kara/Linda Lee/ Supergirl in the 1984 Supergirl movie) as her Earth Mother i hope they get a big part.

I also like how they only showed a silhouette of Superman, but I think they did it because the DC Television and Movie universes are separate and they are trying to get Tom Welling to play him in their television universe if they still want to someday bring Supergirl into The Flash and Arrow series and the producers of The Flash wants Tom Welling as their Superman.

Over all Supergirl is well worth a watch plus if we don't watch it they will give us another reality show or another NCIS(anyone want to see really want to see Survivor:NCIS :lol: )

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: CBS Series Supergirl(possible spoilers)
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:21 am 
WWoW Artist

I just watched it. It wasn't bad. It should appeal to viewers who mainly watch network TV but it's too tame for me. I've gotten spoiled watching series shows on cable and Netflix. I need the gritty reality they provide, no holds barred delivery. Even though Netflix's Daredevil has it's flaws it didn't pull punches. I'll watch a second season of it. I mean it took the whole first season for him to end up in his damn costume anyway, lol.

Post subject: Re: CBS Series Supergirl(possible spoilers)
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:48 pm 
Silver Member

I noticed DC goes the light hearted way in their series and the dark and gritty way in their movies and Marvel goes light hearted in their movies and dark and gritty in their series, I'm thinking it's their ways of trying to attract the biggest audiences and hope some of the ones will follow over to the other media

Post subject: CBS Series Supergirlpossible spoilers
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:55 am 
WWoW Member

Its a very successful format. I could see either network picking it up as a summer series. I think it would fit abc more. They could change and make it better. What network would fit the x factor better abc or CBS? NBC unlikely because of the voice.

Post subject: CBS Series Supergirlpossible spoilers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:36 pm 
WWoW Member

I think DC and Warner Bros have cooled on the idea of doing a WW tv series because they have tried twice now. Hopefully the film will do great and launch a WW TV series.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]