Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Leftovers on HBO
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:43 am 
WWoW Artist

This HBO series could not have possibly sounded more out of my wheel house than anything I could imagine. With all the movies & TV I watch it takes a fairly herculean effort to grasp my interest. I may hang in for a season but then all the same recurring crap ensues where we're expected to endear ourselves to the primary characters while essentially nothing much happens past the first season. Yeah, there's a few exceptions like The Wire, Dexter, Banshee, even Sense8 if you can get past that 2/3 of the characters are gay and worse (not that there's anything wrong with that). I mean what do you expect from the Wachowskis after their epic failure with Jupiter Ascending.
So for me to say that HBO's "The Leftovers" holds my #1 record for the most original, eccentric, unconventional, bizarre yet addictive show I have ever watched is not to be underestimated. I didn't even start watching it until the 2nd season because why would I? From what bits of previews I saw turned me off. But then on one of those nights when binging on beer (oh yeah and the show also) just seemed like the thing to do I went for it. Within 2 weeks I watched the first 2 seasons. It's been killing me now that I'm caught up and have to wait a week for each new episode which brings me to my final point (if I've made any at all). Episode 7 was on last night and next week's episode 8 will be the series finale. I am sitting here right now re-watching ep7 again because I just can't wrap my mind around what I saw. Don't know what to expect from the finale but Chri$t season 3 will have to be the last.Where can the show go from here? Got me by the gonads if I have a clue.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: The Leftovers on HBO
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:07 pm 
Jedi Knight

Amazing series.

3 seasons of messing with your mind. ;)

Great acting, great writing and expansion well beyond the limits of the novel.

I heard the season 3 finale tomorrow is entitled "The Book of Nora."

Cannot wait.

Sadly, this will be the last show.

Profile Send private message