Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes Set The Record Straight
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:17 pm 
WWoW Artist

On the first anniversary of their firing from ABC News, former veteran news anchors Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes finally mentioned how awful their lives were once the first set of pictures came out in late November 2022. They mentioned right off the bat that they were in the middle of divorce proceedings and it was every uncomfortable, especially for their children.

November 30 in particular was when everything changed.

T.J.--"We were pursued...We failed at being crisis managers."
Amy--"Trying to explain what was actually happening vs. we said was said...it was awful."

In the 28th minute, Amy clearly explained when they were both hosting GMA3 on December 1 and 2. In typical Amy fashion, she was determined to keep her job.

In the 31st minute, more desperate times settled in. Even with Amy's parents in town, she nearly cried in explaining what happened with T.J. when he didn't respond to texts. Even some ABC News producers failed to reach him. Bottom line, they did a wellness check and it turned out he was physically fine--but emotionally distraught.

Amy brought up her breast cancer diagnosis in 2013 as "the worst year, the hardest year of my life."

(Trying to fight back tears)...About this year, "I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to see what new headline was going to be here (online.)
Will I work again? Will I ever be trusted again? Will people believe what really happened versus what people written happened? I felt extremely lucky we had each other."

T.J.--"Those were great jobs. It was a dream job...We lost those dream jobs."

Amy--"It's been a reset, a total reset...When it was gone, you had to figure it out."

They tried to tell their story to traditional media outlets, and they all felt that it was not a story (figures.)

In the 44th minute, Amy explained how excited she was to return to work. But then they got the call that morning (December 5) saying that they were suspended, "because they became a distraction." They did not violate company policy, they made that perfectly clear. Amy was begging to make sure to tell their colleagues hush hush, but when the next news cycle came around, it was spreading like wildfire--and there was no way to stop it.

T.J.--"We take full responsibility...this is on us."

Amy--"I wish we were more transparent...I am so hopeful that there is a new path forward."

Overall, they showed raw emotion. And they did bring some points of laughter that we all became very familiar with in the two plus years they were co-anchoring on GMA3. They also thanked those responsible (many people who don't know basically) for helping them steer away from all gossip related sites, articles, and clips on YouTube and try to keep things on the lower end temperature wise.

Paparazzi can be very nasty, that's for sure. For them to become the story instead of reporting the story to a nationwide audience (heartbreaking or with a sense of humor) is totally different.

Anyways, here is the link if you want to hear the whole thing totaling nearly one hour (minus the multiple sets of commercials):

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6MURMbzhhgNkRRd8Oybyfe?si=a4997b3259114f6a

Finally, I will be very curious to see what listeners will post with their reviews on Apple Podcasts.
Their podcasts will drop weekly.

Profile Send private message