Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Amy Robach & TJ Holmes rumors
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:24 pm 
WWoW Artist

Today's thoughts on this mess.

TJ and Amy are toast at GMA3. The tabloids labeled them as cheaters and that's enough for the public. Nothing TJ or Amy can say will convince the public that they started their relationship after separating from their spouses and weren't cheating before that. You can't prove a negative. The public is prosecutor, judge and jury and they've convicted both of them. Just read the comments on any article about the mess. ABC can't fight back on this. ABC's investigation won't find evidence of cheating and won't want to look stupid by contradicting Kim Godwin's statement saying there were no violations, but they will come up with an excuse to pull them both from GMA3.

Both TJ and Amy will settle with ABC to keep them from suing ABC. TJ will go back to what he was before the GMA3 job. Amy will stay on 20/20 and morning GMA appearances. GMA3 will go the way of the Strahan, Sara and Keke show before it, replaced by something new, the sooner the better to get it all to fade out of the public's mind.

And Kim Godwin will be fired for botching the whole situation.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:58 pm 
Bronze Member

braniac wrote:

TJ and Amy are toast at GMA3. The tabloids labeled them as cheaters and that's enough for the public. Nothing TJ or Amy can say will convince the public that they started their relationship after separating from their spouses and weren't cheating before that. You can't prove a negative. The public is prosecutor, judge and jury and they've convicted both of them. Just read the comments on any article about the mess. ABC can't fight back on this. ABC's investigation won't find evidence of cheating and won't want to look stupid by contradicting Kim Godwin's statement saying there were no violations, but they will come up with an excuse to pull them both from GMA3.

Both TJ and Amy will settle with ABC to keep them from suing ABC. TJ will go back to what he was before the GMA3 job. Amy will stay on 20/20 and morning GMA appearances. GMA3 will go the way of the Strahan, Sara and Keke show before it, replaced by something new, the sooner the better to get it all to fade out of the public's mind.

great points

the only counter could be that this didn't take down Joe and Mika on MSNBC, then again that network isn't owned by Disney and they were the main morning show with a good-sized audience, not some 3rd-hour afterthought that (probably) no one would miss if it went away tomorrow

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:01 am 
WWoW Artist

hanley wrote:
braniac wrote:

great points

the only counter could be that this didn't take down Joe and Mika on MSNBC, then again that network isn't owned by Disney and they were the main morning show with a good-sized audience, not some 3rd-hour afterthought that (probably) no one would miss if it went away tomorrow

I forgot about Joe and Mika. You're right about them. The whole thing with TJ and Amy is about the alleged cheating. Tabloids leave out "alleged" of course and are out for blood and the readers are all in.

You're right about GMA3. It was relevant when the pandemic started, but then it copied Today's 3rd hour. The only thing that kept it alive was the chemistry between TJ, Amy and Dr. Jen. Take out TJ and Amy and it's doomed. Hope ABC is already making new plans for that hour.

And don't forget that Disney didn't have a problem with Bob Iger who started a relationship with ABC's Willow Bay and married her and they're not peers like TJ and Amy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:27 am 
Bronze Member

You bring up an interesting point, how does this whole scenario change if Holmes and Robach announce tomorrow that they are getting married?
Or that they have broken up?

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:51 am 
WWoW Artist

I say as long viewers continue to watch.

Speaking personally for a moment, I have watched GMA3 on most days since this pandemic began.

Even we though we got to see a very rare early afternoon appearance by World News Now co-anchor Rhiannon Ally seeming to fit right in, the general vibe of the show continues on.

How long it will last is anyone's guess.

But the longer this TJ Holmes/Amy Robach scandal continues, things might be different for the 1 p.m. Eastern hour going forward.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:16 pm 
WWoW Artist

hanley wrote:
You bring up an interesting point, how does this whole scenario change if Holmes and Robach announce tomorrow that they are getting married?
Or that they have broken up?

A quote from this article https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... obach.html posted by bigzman

"Then, an apparently weary Robach told DailyMail.com, 'It's really kind of over.' It was unclear whether she was referring to the furor or the relationship that sparked it."

Hmmm... :? Consider the source and take it for what it's worth.

Last edited by braniac on Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:51 pm 
Bronze Member

If they announced they are getting married, or that they have broken up, in either case, it is no longer a salacious scandal. I wonder if that would help them keep their jobs.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:00 pm 
WWoW Artist

hanley wrote:
If they announced they are getting married, or that they have broken up, in either case, it is no longer a salacious scandal. I wonder if that would help them keep their jobs.

But the tabloids would blow up a break up for sure and invent something salacious if they got married. All about the benjamins. :mrgreen:

If they married no problem with them returning to GMA3 but a break up then at least one of them would be "reassigned" probably TJ because of his past cheating with an ABC employee.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:21 pm 
WWoW Artist

Annnnnnd week 3 without Amy and TJ and silence from ABC. Wonder what ABC is thinking and doing? Waiting to see how the ratings are? No impact so far. Was there cheating or is it true that their romantic relaltionship started after the August separation? Waiting until tabloid fever over the "scandal" dies down? I think the longer they're off the air the more likely they are to not come back. Thoughts?

Sure do miss Amy's world class legs :mrgreen: :Tasty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:32 pm 
WWoW Artist

All I can safely say is T.J. is toast, considering that past affair similar to that of what ended Matt Lauer's career at NBC. Nothing but silence for several years.

Ratings wise, if I put my Communications hat on--it can go either way.

If people still watch, that's great. DeMarco and Rhiannon seem like a great duo. The only small concern is that Rhiannon working overnights into the very early morning hours, she usually sleeps during the 1 p.m. hour (so she says.)

Would it be wise to get someone else who has a normal bedtime to sit alongside DeMarco, like Stephanie Ramos did in week one or stick with that they have?

On the opposite end, all shows have an end date. Nobody expected that cooking show The Chew to last several years, but their replacement show with Michael Strahan and a few other people fizzled in the ratings.

And the days of scripted dramas are mostly a thing of the past. What would they fill with that extra hour? More syndicated shows, a condensed replay of GMA, or a simulcast of ABC News Live which we normally can stream on YouTube.

That's what I am thinking, but it a general guess on my part since I have no inside information. It would be best to say considering what has happened to take the news for what its' worth.

Last edited by bigzman on Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:38 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

If Amy is let go then Rhiannon Ally is a more than adequate replacement. She epitomises gorgeous. Or even better, if we're dreaming, dump TJ and have Rhiannon & Amy as a duo. Alas, fantasies seldom become reality :cry:

ImageImage Image

أنا قد لا يؤمنون بالله ولكن رؤية النساء العربيات يجعلني عجب.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:31 pm 
Bronze Member

Not sure you can even judge anything from Christmas week ratings, doubtful anything happens now until after New Year.
I’d guess they’re still wrestling with the issue of do we keep one or none and what lawsuits would we be facing in each instance?
I can’t see the 2 of them returning together unless they got married.
If they keep the current GMA 3rd hour knockoff format, I’d imagine any two of 50 people they already have in house could do it.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:29 pm 
Bronze Member

Guess it’s not over

https://pagesix.com/2022/12/26/amy-roba ... r-scandal/

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:20 am 
WWoW Artist

Does this TikTok clip from November 30 say anything:

https://twitter.com/IAMJADEJACKSON/status/1598133704400207873?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1598133704400207873%7Ctwgr%5E7d9e76e1a78f935c6ebef67f3033fc519766c8fa%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buzzfeed.com%2Fryanschocket2%2Ftj-holmes-amy-robach-backstage-clip-gma

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:24 am 
WWoW Artist

Dr. Jen Ashton even got caught in the act one time during her Health & Wellness segment about getting better sleep:

https://www.tiktok.com/@abcgma3/video/7085837978316328238?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1&item_id=7085837978316328238&lang=en

Some playful banter, don't you think?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:38 pm 
WWoW Artist

I don't think the clips bigzman posted say much of anything, I've had good female friends that I've joked with like that but we've been nothing more than friends. People and tabloids see what they want to see, it's confirmation bias.

Mean while no sign of Amy or TJ on GMA3 for the fourth week in a row.

I was at a relative's house recently, she reads tabloids and nothing in the ones she had about Amy and TJ. The story might be getting old unless they return to the show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:58 pm 
WWoW Artist

All I can say is trying to find anything to fill the forum up. Thank you braniac for clarifying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:29 pm 
Bronze Member

I don't watch their show but I'd imagine ABC is gonna work out a settlement and both employees will be let go. They've lost the trust of the company and the viewers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:06 pm 
Silver Member

Maybe ABC should consider some people CNN let go like Liz Prann or Shyann Malone or dare I say Robin Meade. At least for a week.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:36 pm 
WWoW Founder

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-ne ... ch-rumors/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next