Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Do they know about us?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:15 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

I've always wondered whether the women we cap are aware of the existence of this forum and what we do. I'm sure of them are, even if we unconsciously assume ignorance, but it does feel weird to think about a news babe coming across caps of herself that we've made on here. They're not, so to speak, made for them, but for own enjoyment. Yet, I sometimes think of what they think of us here, a bunch of men, who have an entire community dedicated to capping them, lauding their looks, their beauty, their sex appeal, their body, what they wear, who go crazy if they show a bit of their legs. They probably think we're a bunch of weirdos, or they don't care. I do hope they don't feel offended by what we do, since our appreciation of them, I believe, is completely based in good faith.

Maybe some of you can enlighten me. Are there news ladies/celebs who are aware of this site? Have they ever acknowledged its existence or referenced us?

ImageImage Image

أنا قد لا يؤمنون بالله ولكن رؤية النساء العربيات يجعلني عجب.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Do they know about us?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:10 pm 
WWoW Artist

If you noticed HSF's last post on Monday, he clearly mentioned that Robin in fact did see one of his caps that she used for a story on the former HLN. From what I was able to see at face value, it seemed genuine and honest to me. :shades

At the end of the day, as long as they appreciate the extra attention via the caps and occasional to frequent video clips that we link to YouTube--that should be enough to say to the effect 'all is good.'

Hope this information helped answer your question.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:02 pm 
Administrator

I'm sure Robin knows indirectly of my albums, at least. To be specific about what bigz said, MXP was doing a story on ugly Christmas sweaters and were showing old photos of the crew in said sweaters from old social media posts going to commercial. I assume they didn't have any of Jen available, so they used an old cap of mine...
https://public.fotki.com/HSF909/news-ba ... 12-31.html (original)
https://public.fotki.com/HSF909/news-ba ... 13-19.html (repost)
At the very least, the behind the scenes crew knew about me. I also can't see how Robin wasn't at least somewhat knowledgeable about my Fotki site. That's part of the reason I left the afterwords in her final album.

One thing I do know for sure is that Maribel Aber has from time to time used some of my caps as social media avatars. I am assuming that she (or a friend/assistant) got them directly from my albums, although for some reason she seemed to lean towards the headshots I took in my SD capping days, even after I upgraded to HD gear. Nonetheless, if she did take them straight from Fotki, this is why every first cap of her in my albums from there on out said "Hi, Maribel!" as a caption. Finding that out was cool.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:20 am 
Bronze Member

Thanks for the insight!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:37 am 
WWoW Artist

Great story, HSF. :Thumb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:20 am 

I haven’t talked to Ainsley in a long time but we are Facebook friends
Heather Childers posted here after she started at Fox
Some posters were critical of her and she answered
I remember Andrea Tantaros talking about finding herself in a leg duel video on Out#

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:32 am 
Silver Member

I've always wondered if my posts concerning Living In The Heart Of Virginia caused a change in how their segments were filmed. Now granted, the pandemic was a big part of why the hosts chose to "socially distance" themselves from their guests while filming spots. Keeping them out of camera view. But a bunch of shows did the exact same thing and with the invention of vaccines and a casual lessening of the impact have done away with keeping socially distant from guests. But not LHOV. Their format completely changed. The host can be seen introducing a segment, but then you see the guest with the host completely off camera. Maybe Emily Robinson caught wind that someone was capping her and they chose to change the program.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:41 am 

I seriously doubt that’s a consideration

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:27 pm 
Silver Member

sparty wrote:
I seriously doubt that’s a consideration

I've also noticed that video of the segments are no longer on LHOV's Facebook. Instead they post a picture with the link to WSET.com, the show's affiliate. You used to be able to find the link to each segment to be able to share it online.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:33 am 
WWoW Artist

They did know about us to an extend at one point but too much time has passed. This site, technically, started in 2003 so in Feburary will be 20 years. But I must add that it took over a year for it to move to this address in August 2004 and there was an earlier attempt going back to 1999.. That's plenty of time.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:10 pm 
WWoW Artist

Has it really been that long? My oh my oh my. :o

Seems like we are in this different virtual universe--(except for watching clips on YouTube) where the time flies quickly here and on other sites, the time there moves rather slowly, at least IMHO.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:23 pm 
Administrator

On the non-news side, I just remembered an interview with Playboy model and former HSN model Sara Dye that she mentioned seeing various sites on the web alerting to when certain shopping models and hosts were on and showing leg and whatnot. She naturally didn't say WWoW or anything specific, and the article was so long ago she might've been referring to Yahoo Groups or the like. I wouldn't be surprised if the current shopping channels knew of our existence.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:00 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

After a fine leg cross a few years back, Ainsley commented "well theres one for the boys". ;)