Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Courtney Friel stepping away from news/KTLA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:30 pm 
Bronze Member

Happy for her as she wants to pursue other projects and have more family time.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Courtney Friel stepping away from news/KTLA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:52 pm 
Silver Member

She did say that she would still be with KTLA freelancing though taking time off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:06 pm 
Silver Member

Also, I wondering if the movie about her is going to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:33 am 
WWoW Artist

Last edited by Brettfan on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:45 am 
Bronze Member

Brettfan wrote:
I wasn't going to post any reply but this sure got me too. Her now ex station is involved in controversy. Some anchor woman abruptly quit over mistreatment. The guy on with her talked about it on air and he was fired. The entertainment lady then quit in protest. It made me think of Friel. Now I see she also quit. KTLA must be having issues.

Funny how in in her last week they are letting Courtney do entertainment. Sounds like it is what she has wanted to cover for awhile.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/23/mark-mester-fired-ktla-lynette-romero-anchor-management/

Last edited by BatmanFan on Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:51 am 
WWoW Artist

BatmanFan wrote:
Brettfan wrote:
I wasn't going to post any reply but this sure got me too. Her now ex station is involved in controversy. Some anchor woman abruptly quit over mistreatment. The guy on with her talked about it on air and he was fired. The entertainment lady then quit in protest. It made me think of Friel. Now I see she also quit. KTLA must be having issues.

Who are these anchors that quit/fired? Funny how in in her last week they are letting Courtney do entertainment. Sounds like it is what she has wanted to cover for awhile.

Kind of misread the story and it seems unrelated to Friel but involved the weekend morning anchors:
https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/23/mark-mes ... anagement/

https://www.westernjournal.com/news-anc ... colleague/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:11 am 
WWoW Artist

BatmanFan wrote:
Brettfan wrote:

Funny how in in her last week they are letting Courtney do entertainment. Sounds like it is what she has wanted to cover for awhile.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/23/mark-mester-fired-ktla-lynette-romero-anchor-management/

Friel did entertainment stuff the bulk of the time on Fox News. I guess she didn't leave but changed directions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:43 pm 
Bronze Member

Brettfan wrote:
BatmanFan wrote:
Brettfan wrote:

Friel did entertainment stuff the bulk of the time on Fox News. I guess she didn't leave but changed directions.

Her last IG post makes it sound like she is staying but then added 'just freelancing'.

Last edited by BatmanFan on Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:48 pm 
Silver Member

Brettfan wrote:
BatmanFan wrote:
Brettfan wrote:

If I recall, Fox News moved her to LA and she stayed there. She said she was given an extension but took the KTLA job.