Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Broken News with Erin and Megan Video Podcast on YouTube
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:34 pm 
WWoW Artist

Chicago viewers should fondly remember when CBS2 had Erin Kennedy do the news and Megan Glaros bringing viewers the morning weather, both before in the early morning and during the short cut-ins on CBS This Morning. Sadly, they were caught in that major wave of layoffs a little over two months after the pandemic began in 2020.

Well, get ready to hear some things that have never been told publicly (with a few small exceptions, all thanks to those timeless and very peculiar documents simply called NDA's from the big bosses at CBS):

https://www.robertfeder.com/2022/06/22/cbs-2-castoffs-erin-kennedy-meagan-glaros-pull-back-curtain-tv-news/

Quoting Erin Kennedy:

“Megan and I talk all the time. And as we fielded other offers to be on TV and laughed at what we were expected to give up or agree to, and relived what we went through, we realized we wanted to really show people that TV is not a world of pampering and glamour. It’s toxic and extremely competitive, but it’s also hilarious.”

Robert's article mentioned the general YouTube link, but here is the link to see every one of their videos:

https://www.youtube.com/c/BrokenNewswithErinandMegan/videos

Also on Fridays at noon Central time, both Erin's and Megan's Facebook pages will feature their live interviews with a different "guest/co-host who's also lived in the TV trenches."

I am definitely one who has always been curious for years. We already know that women (especially any celebrity or those who work in movies, TV, or any musician) carries the label commonly called a "double standard". Generally speaking, women are expected not only to do a great job while on the clock, but they have to look good and adorable on the outside while doing said work.

I often tell people that when female news anchors dress conservatively, it is very similar what we see inside several law firms, certain Fortune 500 companies, and many major corporations.

I used to see this constantly while attending several job fairs and certain job interviews when I was called in. I quickly noticed how the women inside many companies and how professional they are in interacting with people.

Remember guys, secretaries have more power than you think.

Dig in and leave comments (respectful ones, hopefully) by the videos you found either as jaw dropping :o or interesting :shades .

Profile Send private message