Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brandi Hitt Retired
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:35 pm 
Silver Member

No more Friday Morning Dance Parties in LA.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Brandi Hitt Retired
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:17 pm 
Silver Member

newsguy wrote:

Why would she retire? She's only 42 years old. Where I live in Virginia we have two news lady anchors who are into their mid 50s.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:30 pm 
Silver Member

maestrodawg65 wrote:
newsguy wrote:

Why would she retire? She's only 42 years old. Where I live in Virginia we have two news lady anchors who are into their mid 50s.

To spend more time with her family. Allison Kropff from WTSP retired at 38 I believe and she didn't have kids (she has since got remarried) and Mel Orlins is leaving WIVB in Buffalo (though unsure if she leaving the biz or just Buffalo). I think most of the time women (and guys at times) leave the news biz is family/work-life balance. It's a rough biz.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:33 am 
Silver Member

newsguy wrote:
maestrodawg65 wrote:
newsguy wrote:

To spend more time with her family. Allison Kropff from WTSP retired at 38 I believe and she didn't have kids (she has since got remarried) and Mel Orlins is leaving WIVB in Buffalo (though unsure if she leaving the biz or just Buffalo). I think most of the time women (and guys at times) leave the news biz is family/work-life balance. It's a rough biz.

My area has had a few departures in the past few years. Juliette Bickford left news completely after an embezzlement scandal involving a boyfriend. She's now a married stay at home mom to 4 kids. Lindsey Ward left WSLS just recently after becoming a mom. She was said to have plans in starting a ministry in helping mothers. And meteorologist Delaney Wearden, also from WSLS left on April 4 to join her boyfriend in moving to Colorado. No word on her future plans, but her social media hasn't been updated since her departure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:43 pm 
Silver Member

maestrodawg65 wrote:

My area has had a few departures in the past few years. Juliette Bickford left news completely after an embezzlement scandal involving a boyfriend. She's now a married stay at home mom to 4 kids. Lindsey Ward left WSLS just recently after becoming a mom. She was said to have plans in starting a ministry in helping mothers. And meteorologist Delaney Wearden, also from WSLS left on April 4 to join her boyfriend in moving to Colorado. No word on her future plans, but her social media hasn't been updated since her departure.

I googled Juliette and wow. Granted most of that was her ex but she did mess up herself with one thing. Usually, that ends a career though Bianca De La Garza is at Newsmax and Alycia Lane did get hired in LA despite her arrest that led to her firing in Philly. Also, Lindsey Nance from WSVN left and she might be leaving the Biz.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:00 am 
WWoW regular

I'll give her a year and wouldn't be surprised to see her resurface on air somewhere else. She left Sacramento for Los Angeles and is originally from Lodi, in the Sacramento TV market.