Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rhiannon Ally, left KSHB and over 2 years later joined ABC.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:57 am 
WWoW Artist

I can't seem to stop following Rhiannon Ally these days. in 2003 the woman appeared on my local KCTV5 as a reporter and eventually began to anchor mornings. She was from Kansas City. I think she was born in Olathe, but no information is given on her age, birthplace or where she has lived in the metro. She lasted till 2007 at KCTV5. In that time she had a small following. She married a rival reporter Mike Maraz, longer last name that he shortened after his stint in KC, from KSHB. I recalled him from Kansas City Live where he hosted or reported on. They got married. In 2007 she left citing the fact that she got a job with a new syndicated show called Better TV. Basically it was like Kansas City Live and had local versions across the country. She was tapped to do a national version from Connecticut. It was very similar to Kelly Ripa's show or when Good Day LA tried a national version around 2004 called Good Day Today. She got a wider following but show was unable to get good ratings. Mike found work on a local in New York City. But he quickly left to Miami. So Rhiannon quit Better TV to follow him. that was around, can't recall, but guessing 2009 or 2010. She eventually landed on the CBS in Miami doing early morning news.
Better TV eventually ended after Rebecca Budig hosted the show and left.

Rhiannon did a good run in Miami. Her husband was on a rival station. She then left Miami 6 years ago in 2015. Mike had returned to KC on KSHB. KSHB payed him good money to return. Rhiannon tagged along. But KSHB decided to hire her too. Then it was announced that both Mark Clegg and Jadiann Thompson were not renewed. Mark, was at one time in Phoenix and in Sacramento and even appeared as a reporter on CBS News shows. Jadiann, left to Boston to replace Kayna Whitworth at WHDH. So back to Rhiannon, named after the Fleetwood Mac song, she and husband anchored the evening news on KSHB together. A bit awkward but it worked. She gave birth to two children. One while in Miami and a second one during her second stint in Kansas City at KSHB.

The couple was unceremoniously fired on April 24, 2019. Ratings went south and they needed a changed. Oddly enough Rhiannon's replacement Christa Dubill, quit in the fall and retired from the news business and went to work elsewhere. I don't know who does the evening shift now. But they were scrambling to find new employment. Then this...Mike ended 2019 being hired at WNBC, I believe. So off to New York City they go. She didn't get anything so she was just hanging around. Last year she met Friel, during her book tour. Somewhere is a photo of Rhiannon and Courtney together.

Well I was flipping around last week and who turned up....Rhiannon Ally on ABC. She is filling in on World News Now and America This Morning. Found her again this morning. She was just hired and debuted on ABC this past week. So she is on national news again. I can't seem to escape her. So be on the look out for her on ABC News programs or on ABC News Live.

Profile Send private message