Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Capping the same newsbabe for 10 years+
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:59 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

One of the best things, and strangely rewarding things about this is watching and capping the same newsbabe for a decade or more, especially if they're on the same show and network for that time. You build a massive archive documenting the course of her career. You get to see how she has evolved almost day by day over the years. You develop a memory that you can go back to. Remember a particular leggy performance? Or an uppie? Or maybe just a day where she just looked strikingly beautiful.

I really like a newsbabe who is mainstay on a particular program for a long time, but has been consistently beautiful throughout. The prime exemplar is Robin Meade (shout out to HSF for consistently capping her all these years), who has been the main anchor on her own show on CNN for 16 years! That's amazing! And throughout, she has remained among the top 5 most beautiful women on CNN even as she's gotten older. Other babes have come and gone, but she has remained the constant at the top.

Over here in Britain, I've seen one of my favs Nazaneen Ghaffar move to Sky News in 2010 as a young, winsome babe with so much potential, become the main Weather Presenter on Sky Sunrise on weekdays. She is still there 11 years later. I've seen her develop over the years and make this position her own. There isn't another presenter who can dislodge her. Furthermore, she has remained consistently beautiful. I've never gotten bored of watching her in all this time. It has been wonderful to see her go from a young woman into a woman in her prime, bounce back from pregnancy better than ever and remain on top. It's so amazing when you think about it.

Is there any newsbabe you feel this with.

ImageImage Image

أنا قد لا يؤمنون بالله ولكن رؤية النساء العربيات يجعلني عجب.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Capping the same newsbabe for 10 years+
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:22 pm 
Jedi Knight

Victoria Fritz on the BBC was the first one I spotted that I thought had the wow factor and still does to this day, although I don't cap every single appearance these days.

There are some anchors/reporters I wish I could cap more, for example Jen Maxfield on News 4 NY is a goddess, Alix Dauge from Franceinfo, Nicole Gabe from WINK and Caitlin Lockerbie from WTSP 10 Tampa Bay and so many others.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:33 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

mphillp wrote:
Victoria Fritz on the BBC was the first one I spotted that I thought had the wow factor and still does to this day, although I don't cap every single appearance these days.

Victoria is one of my favs. She is a total bombshell. One of the best out there.

ImageImage Image

أنا قد لا يؤمنون بالله ولكن رؤية النساء العربيات يجعلني عجب.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:05 pm 
WWoW Artist

I've been capping and posting Kelly Ripa here for 14 years. Unfortunately the links from long ago are dead now but there are still some from 10 years ago to see the difference from then and now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:51 am 
WWoW Artist

I recall a pair of past members--aztec who used to cap Maria Celeste of Telemundo fame and tdubya68801, who did Liz Claman from Fox Business. Once they both left the capping world, I picked up a bit from them which would have made it more than 10 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:58 am 
Administrator

The farthest back my archives go on Fotki is January 2008, but the former Epson sites would've added a few more years. Looking back at my earliest Robin entries, not much has changed except for a fluctuation in weight, but it's crazy how Robin looks better now at 52 than she did thirteen years prior.

I had never really planned on capping Robin for this long, but with the archives I've built up over the past dozen-plus(!) years, I'm glad I have.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:48 am 
Bronze Member

To me for instance, I would go with Courtney Friel on the news side, and Sara Walsh and Jade McCarthy on the sports side. Marlboro usually cap and clip Courtney on KTLA newscast any weekend or fill-in nightly shows. Ice use to cap and clip Sara and Jade on SportsCenter from 2012-16.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:15 pm 
WWoW Artist

:Thumb and :thankyou for continuing to do this for so many years. :D

HSF wrote:
The farthest back my archives go on Fotki is January 2008, but the former Epson sites would've added a few more years. Looking back at my earliest Robin entries, not much has changed except for a fluctuation in weight, but it's crazy how Robin looks better now at 52 than she did thirteen years prior.

I had never really planned on capping Robin for this long, but with the archives I've built up over the past dozen-plus(!) years, I'm glad I have.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:09 pm 
WWoW regular

mphillp wrote:

There are some anchors/reporters I wish I could cap more, for example Jen Maxfield on News 4 NY is a goddess, Alix Dauge from Franceinfo, Nicole Gabe from WINK and Caitlin Lockerbie from WTSP 10 Tampa Bay and so many others.

Alix Dauge is my favorite French presenter too. I enjoy seeing the pictures she posts from her holidays.