Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gretchen C Fired by Fox, files sexual harassment suit
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:34 pm 
Bronze Member

CT wrote:
I call BS on this unless more women come out that is still working at FNC!

you really expect someone who still works there will rip the boss publicly?

-MelvinMoogleman

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:45 pm 
WWoW Artist

hanley wrote:
CT wrote:
I call BS on this unless more women come out that is still working at FNC!

you really expect someone who still works there will rip the boss publicly?

Gretchen saying she was fired for rebuffing Jabba the Hutt's advances is probably enough to make other women working at Fox think before ripping him publicly. On the other hand what would it look like if someone who ripped him happened to be dismissed just after speaking up? If he did that it might be some fodder for Gretchen's lawsuit.

By the way with the details Gretchen has provided, particularly direct quotes from Ailes, I tend to believe her. I hope that sexist misogynist b*stard gets what's coming to him. It's long overdue.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:12 pm 
Silver Member

#IstandwithGretchen

Post subject: Re: Gretchen 4/19/16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:15 pm 
WWoW regular

To bad that Gretchen is gone.

Best fits IMO for the show are now Shannon Bream or Heather Nauert.

Post subject: Re: Gretchen 4/19/16
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:09 pm 
Bronze Member

BatmanFan wrote:
north900 wrote:
I hope Gretchen takes Roger Ailes and all those Fox perverts down. I support her courage to speak out. The rest of the Fox Foxes need to stand up and speak out. Those leg shows we see are no accident. Eye candy for ratings not facts. I liked Gretchen for some reason. She comes off a bit perky and ditsy, but she has more brains and class than we know.

U are posting on a message board that glorifies these leg shows as you call it. Are U not a hypocrite?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the irony in that, as well as some of the other comments here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:44 pm 
WWoW regular

:ditto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:45 pm 
Gold Member

Yeah i've heard rumors before about him that the legshows were mandated because of the dress code but so what...?? even if true..there's a fact people watch and are more inclined to watch even bad news from an attractive women..don't leave the men out either.

Now if that included personally harassing them on a daily basis that mos def is wrong and kudos to Gretchen for standing up for herself and respecting her husband and her marriage. Other than that though its no mistake that even the guys there most women would probably say most of them are attractive...people like looking at pretty people and therefore if she's pretty or he's pretty depending on who's watching that makes them sexy as well.

Its just the way it is. It's always been the way of the world...pretty people have it easier. Its life. Get over it!. They get more jobs i'm pretty sure, when interviewed get hired more often i'm sure. Are trusted from the beginning more often whether deservedly or not..etc. etc. etc.

With all the new media and outlets and channels and ways to put content online and on tv its just more obvious and apparent than it's ever been. Its not just the major news channels or cable news channels now either....now we have babes for weather channels, babes for sports anchors and sports reporters, babes for financial news channels and even for local affialiates..nothing but attractive women even on there now. If you're average looking no matter how good you are good luck getting hired.

Its just how the world its..just now its more obvious than ever..the pretense is gone never to return again. Also last I checked...CNN and NBC, MSNBC, CBS..the channels and the morning shows all have at least some babes working for them and their skirts are no longer than the fox ladies that i've seen Kate Bouldan, Brooke, etc...I have no problem with it either but they don't take crap for it.

Its just how it is. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:51 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Lots of possible ways this goes of course. If the action proceeds, others could be called to testify under oath. Opens up even more cans of worms. :TickTock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:52 pm 
Gold Member

Yeah this could get real interesting and really messy at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:37 pm 
Bronze Member

sexycalveandthighman wrote:
Yeah i've heard rumors before about him that the legshows were mandated because of the dress code but so what...?? even if true..there's a fact people watch and are more inclined to watch even bad news from an attractive women..don't leave the men out either.

Now if that included personally harassing them on a daily basis that mos def is wrong and kudos to Gretchen for standing up for herself and respecting her husband and her marriage. Other than that though its no mistake that even the guys there most women would probably say most of them are attractive...people like looking at pretty people and therefore if she's pretty or he's pretty depending on who's watching that makes them sexy as well.

Its just the way it is. It's always been the way of the world...pretty people have it easier. Its life. Get over it!. They get more jobs i'm pretty sure, when interviewed get hired more often i'm sure. Are trusted from the beginning more often whether deservedly or not..etc. etc. etc.

With all the new media and outlets and channels and ways to put content online and on tv its just more obvious and apparent than it's ever been. Its not just the major news channels or cable news channels now either....now we have babes for weather channels, babes for sports anchors and sports reporters, babes for financial news channels and even for local affialiates..nothing but attractive women even on there now. If you're average looking no matter how good you are good luck getting hired.

Its just how the world its..just now its more obvious than ever..the pretense is gone never to return again. Also last I checked...CNN and NBC, MSNBC, CBS..the channels and the morning shows all have at least some babes working for them and their skirts are no longer than the fox ladies that i've seen Kate Bouldan, Brooke, etc...I have no problem with it either but they don't take crap for it.

Its just how it is. That is all.

Well said.

Case in point - Fox hires Dana Perino and give her an anchor position. Now, Dana is an articulate, smart person who provides unique insight when it comes to the behind-the-scenes stuff in the White House. Then again, I would imagine that Ari Fleischer (Pres. Bush's first press secretary) would also fit that bill. Now, given the choice and considering that TV is a visual medium who is going to win out? Sorry Ari, but it is what it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:40 pm 
Jedi Knight

It is interesting to see how many people here are predisposed toward believing Gretchen Carlson's version of the facts.

This leads me to believe that she would win big if the case ever made it to a jury. I doubt that a jury will ever hear the case.Instead, I believe a confidential settlement (with mutual nondisclosure agreements) will be reached.

I was never a big fan of Gretchen's. However, no person deserves to work in an environment where sexual harassment is practiced and tolerated. Notwithstanding this previous statement, I have no idea whether the allegations of "quid pro quo" sexual harassment are true, false, or partly true/partly false.

Could get ugly for FNC. Will definitely get ugly for Ailes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:51 pm 
Bronze Member

Maybe they phased out Jamie Colby from TV and then did the same to Gretchen because of their ages.

Now maybe Gretchen thinks the only way she can stay on TV is to follow the Michelle Fields playbook of claiming to be a victim and then get a TV job on a competing network that way. Getting a settlement wouldn't hurt either.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:14 pm 
Jedi Knight

bigbird wrote:
Maybe they phased out Jamie Colby from TV and then did the same to Gretchen because of their ages.

Now maybe Gretchen thinks the only way she can stay on TV is to follow the Michelle Fields playbook of claiming to be a victim and then get a TV job on a competing network that way. Getting a settlement wouldn't hurt either.

I think Gretchen recently turned 50. I think age discrimination suits are difficult or impossible to win for tv news readers since employers can claim that appearance, youth and beauty are all "conditions" of the job. I am not saying that I believe Gretchen is lying. In all likelihood none of us will ever know the real story. If she wants to work somewhere else, she will probably get an on air gig somewhere else. However, potential employers are going to be hesitant to hire someone who sued her previous employer.

Jamie is 45 or 46 if I recall correctly. I'm not sure that we should look at her "Strange Inheritance" assignment as a demotion. Who knows? Maybe it suited her schedule and interests better than a daily news reading gig. I know Jamie has a law degree and is very bright. But, since 45 is considered "old" for a female on -air personality, it is certainly POSSIBLE that management gave her this show as a way of keeping her with the company with less on air time. I have always found Jamie to be stunning- a true beauty. I prefer her to many of the younger ladies on FNC. That could be a function of my being such an old fart, though. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:40 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Jamie turns 55 in December :shock: :Kool
Age discrimination won't work
Ailes can just say the ratings sucked
Gretchen was also reportedly offered a severance package and decided to sue instead

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/286938 ... sment-suit

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:50 am 
Silver Member

sparty wrote:
Jamie turns 55 in December :shock: :Kool
Age discrimination won't work
Gretchen was also reportedly offered a severance package and decided to sue instead

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/286938 ... sment-suit

According to the Daily Show (yes that Daily Show), Gretchen had nearly double the viewers than Brooke did and triple from MSNBC. If ratings was an excuse, it's a weak a$$ one. Plus there was a video where Gretchen admitted working at a hostile workplace.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:40 am 
Bronze Member

sparty wrote:

how would that hold up in court if her show was #1 in its time slot?

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:17 am 

hanley wrote:
sparty wrote:

how would that hold up in court if her show was #1 in its time slot?

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/ratings- ... ase/298048

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Kiran Chetry posted the following on her facebook page last night (Still a class act lady!)

Roger v Gretchen: My Life at FNC

I worked for Roger Ailes from 2000-2007.
He hired me from Sacramento California's ABC affiliate KXTV.
I was hired to anchor the 2-minute news updates through the overnight hours starting at 11PM and ending at 7AM.
Not the most ideal shift, but hey, it was my foot in the door to work for a national cable network and live in NYC. I was thrilled!
I met with Roger a few times during the hiring. He was a larger than life figure for me. I read both of his books on the plane to NYC. He had been a player in the infancy of television news and he learned through victories as well as failures about how to make a successful news channel.
He would regale me with stories of working on the mike Douglas show, of trying to explain to then-presidential candidate Richard Nixon "why TV mattered". He spoke about the importance of knowing your audience, asking short questions and allowing the interviewee to speak. He said "I've had anchors who ask 60-second questions, answer it themselves, then tell their guests they are out of time!"
I remember him saying to me "you don't have to prove you're smarter than your audience or your guest. "don't try to be someone you are not. Viewers know if you are real. And above all, if you are real, you will get an audience"

Then 9-11 happened. Fox bosses made the decision to go live 24 hours a day. I was pulled from the overnight news updates and sent into the field to report.

I was assigned to cover the victims' families stories. The first night, reporters from every station were camped outside of St. Vincent's hospital, the one nearest to Ground Zero. We all waited for the injured to be brought in from the twin towers site. No one came. Blood was being donated in record pints. We soon realized there were no survivors from the initial attacks.

My assignment then changed to the Lexington armory, the place the city decided to convert Into a headquarters for family members. They would come to find out news, give DNA and show photos of their missing loved ones. To this day, this was the most heartbreaking assignment in my 20 years in journalism. You may remember the images of family members giving interviews to anyone who would listen, holding up posters of their missing loved ones ,pleading for information and holding out hope that maybe they just were still trapped, maybe their cell phone died, maybe they were hurt and disoriented and lost.
This went on for weeks and weeks. As reporters we were simply spent after listening to the stories from the desperate family members as it became more and more clear that there would be no survivors.
These were dark days for our reporters and anchors, and Roger Ailes would do what he could to keep us positive.

He would call us all into the newsroom and bolster our spirits by telling us what great work we were doing. He promised us all that the Fox News Channel would continue to report on this story, making sure that we would never forget who did this to America and never forget all of the heroes who gave their lives trying to rescue the innocent people in those buildings.

Food was brought in each day and night, hotel rooms were secured and sometimes, we even slept on air mattresses in the newsroom. We were all one big family.
Instead of a big Christmas party that year, we had a small gathering at a local pub and donated all of the proceeds of the food and drink to the 9-11 fund. I was proud to work there.

Several months later, I begin filling in on Fox and friends. This is the show that Gretchen eventually began to work for after I left for CNN.

The unique part of working on Fox and friends is that the 6-9 am time slot meant that you are the first thing people saw when they woke in the morning and we became like family to our viewers.
We were at tight-knit group and our show was largely what they call "ad-libbed" meaning we didn't read a lot of scripted words, rather it was more like a conversation you would have over the dinner table.

This meant that sometimes you would say something that came out wrong or was misinterpreted.
Many times rival cable networks would use that against us. I can't tell you how many times one of us was named "worst person in the world" on Keith's show.

Once Keith even said "why don't you go back to Erie Pennsylvania and report the health news, Kiran?" Yet, never once was I reprimanded for something I said.

Behind the scenes, and in front of the camera, I have never met a more hard-working crew of people. Imagine getting up in the middle of the night, dragging yourself into the newsroom trying to cram all of the news of the day into your head and then going on live for three hours... it takes a village.
That show was always, in my opinion, a big source of pride for Roger.

I remember him coming to the FNF set, 7 AM the morning of Hurricane Katrina and saying to us "great job reporting but it's not over yet. The storm has passed, but don't forget about the levees. "
And sure enough within the next 24 hours, our nation learned that the levees wouldn't hold and that is what eventually caused the disaster known as "Hurricane Katrina".

In all of my time at Fox, Roger Ailes never told me what to say and more importantly never told me what not to say.

I was a young journalist and always a stickler for getting my facts correct. But on a show like Fox and friends, you also have to express your opinion and show your true personality for better or for worse. I never could have done that if I feared reprisal.
He may not have always agreed with my opinion or the opinion of any other host, but he gave us the breadth and space to say what we thought without fear of retribution.

Over the years at Fox, I met with Roger Ailes one-on-one many times and never once did Roger ever make me feel uncomfortable or put forth any sexual advances.
I can't speak for Gretchen since I wasn't in the room obviously but I will tell you that I never felt uncomfortable around Roger Ailes.
And that's the reason I'm speaking out. Because I think this Situation points to a larger issue --which is that there are very real instances where people are or feel sexually propositioned or intimidated by those in positions of power and are too afraid to speak out. That is a fact. The flip-side is whenever someone is accused of sexually harassing or intimidating someone who works under them, they are as good as dead reputation- wise.
So we all must be very careful before putting forth accusations that have lasting implications on the accused as well as the accuser.
For every false report filed, someone with a valid complaint is undermined.

A newsroom is not a polite place. It's made up of mostly "type a" personalities working under deadline, stressing, trying hard to deliver accurate reporting amid tight timeframes and sometimes frustrating circumstances. Yes, we would fight, yes we would curse, yes, people would throw things from time to time ... that's the sausage being made.
We don't work at a public library or school, we work in a tinderbox of competition, vying to be first and most accurate and all the while knowing that every single person's job hangs on attracting and retaining viewership.

We call it "gallows humor" when you work in places where you see horrible things everday....like newsrooms, police stations or firehouses, ERs... you have to find way to vent... irreverent remarks are made... jokes no one else might find funny are the salve that keeps you going on.
In my mind, a boss complimenting me on how great I looked on air in a dress (or conversely saying how awful it read on TV) would be no different than a fashion designer telling a model "I love that outfit on you, it makes you look beautiful" Or a photographer telling someone he photographed "you look amazing in this picture. "
Is that sexual harassment?
What if my makeup artist said "I love this lipgloss on you it makes your lips look sexy" Is that sexual harassment?
I guess there's a fine line, and one we are all still learning how to not cross it.

But when we accuse people of career ending words and acts, we have to do so with utter certainty. I don't know if that is the case here. But this is my story. And what I do know with utter certainty is that in my time at Fox News Channel, Roger Ailes always treated me with respect.

Even though our parting was ugly and public, largely because of miscommunications and middle-men, I would never use this situation to settle a score.
I believe in karma. And I remember Roger once saying to me "when you encounter a negative person, run!, they will only bring you down."
It's proven to be truer than he would ever know.

In the end, I hope and pray that people out there reading this salacious story, regardless of their opinion on either side, don't look at this as some form of entertainment.
It's not a blood sport ...where there is a villain and a victor.
What if this was happening to you or someone in your own family?
I suspect you would want the world to be slow to judge.
I pray for peace for everyone involved.

Kiran Chetry

Post subject: Re: Gretchen C Fired by Fox, filed sexual harassment suit
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 am 

That increases my respect for Kiran immensely, especially considering the circumstances on how she left Fox
If anyone could have an ax to grind against Ailes, it would be her
Thanks for posting this, Malone :Kool

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Gretchen C Fired by Fox, filed sexual harassment suit
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:21 am 
Silver Member

sparty wrote:
That increases my respect for Kiran immensely, especially considering the circumstances on how she left Fox
If anyone could have an ax to grind against Ailes, it would be her
Thanks for posting this, Malone :Kool

Yeah really especially Alies is the reason (well one of the reasons why at least) why Gretchen was picked to host Fox and Friends and I think some of us think Kiran should have gotten the job. Is anyone here that also was a member of the News ladies board that were ran by Sabrina? Also her husband at the time also left Fox News because the drama ensure after leave Fox News/being hired by CNN. I wonder if Alies regrets that decision now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next