Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Gretchen C Fired by Fox, filed sexual harassment suit
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:11 am 
WWoW regular

TBoysen wrote:
Gretchen must have really had the goods on Ailes. $20 mil is more than just a penalty award. I doubt that a jury would ever have gone that high with the award. Fox did not want the evidence She had to ever see the light of day!

She, along with several other women apparently have audio recordings of some of the incidents. 21st Century Fox don't want those recordings released to the public.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:11 am 

dhines1671 wrote:

She, along with several other women apparently have audio recordings of some of the incidents. 21st Century Fox don't want those recordings released to the public.

Give it a year or two -- we'll hear them, or at least pieces of them
before long.
Remember, Gretchen (and possibly others) did the recordings using phones.
Who's to say someone doesn't already have these by way of a hack?

Or maybe if they ever leak out, it can be claimed it was a hack, anyway ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:24 am 
WWoW regular

What really blows my mind is the $ amount! $4-$5 mil would have been more representative of the crime. At this point what will the other litigants (Andrea) expect?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:09 am 
Bronze Member

Geraldo, of all people, gets it.
https://www.facebook.com/GeraldoRivera/ ... 5829546768

a far cry from, say, this woman:
Quote:
“Roger is such a terrific boss,” mused MacCallum. “I don’t like to see anything that reflects negatively on him. If anything, [Carlson’s lawsuit] sort of bonded us. It’s brought people together.”

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:24 pm 
WWoW Artist

hanley wrote:

I'm not buying it. First he starts with a "if the charges are true." Fox settled for 20 f-ing million dollars and apologized for their behavior. Can there be any doubt that at least some of the charges against Ailes are true? Geraldo goes on and on about how what a great guy Ailes is (was) to him with a tiny few chinks in Ailes' armor, all spun to look like flaws that in the end are actually positives. But this oh so close friend of Ailes had absolutely no idea that he was such a pig. Yeah, right. Then after his mandatory patting himself on the back ("we ripped off his ratings," being one of the chosen to be invited to Ailes' intimate wedding, leaving "the comfortable confines of CNBC" for 22 trips to Afghanistan and Iraq, the look at my book deal thing), he reveals that he has paid the price: a lost (for now) book deal. Boo f-ing hoo. You know what, Geraldo? The women that Ailes and others harassed paid a higher price. To make matters worse Geraldo indirectly justifies some of it because the news business is "flirty." WTF?

But that's not enough of his BS. To cement his love of Ailes he plays the "they all do it card" without mentioning even one case of a female employee at another network accusing management of sexual harassment, or any other even tiny shred of evidence. Maybe he's right but I wonder if it's an institutional culture everywhere or just at Fox. He trashes the competitors of the house that Ailes built as drooling over the opportunity to drag the scandal out for all it's worth. (Benghazi, anybody?) "It's not fair!" he sobs. I hear the violins playing. Of course Geraldo once again bows to his yoda (Note: I wrote l-o-r-d) by being sure to mention that Fox is "the ratings leader".

Finally he pleads forgiveness with such righteous and well spoken words that if it were coming from someone believable it would be believable. I think he's trying to save his reputation after not just getting firmly behind his boss but proudly trashing all those people who are jealous of Fox. You failed, Geraldo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:51 am 
Bronze Member

KG I am not a fan. She has to get out in front of the situation, typical lawyer.

Geraldo havent liked him since the safe was empty, also not a fan, however I do commend him on bringing us all those "embedded" news briefs from Iraq during the Gulf War.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:35 pm 

Kimberly's comments are downright confusing -- unless most of them are from before
all of the other information got out, or before Ailes was let go.

Is she implying that Fox just cut Ailes loose without there being enough evidence for them to
have done it? That she doesn't believe there are actual recordings that back up the claims?
Just not getting why she'd still be beating this dead horse like this; she's not stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:51 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

pacificRT wrote:
Kimberly's comments are downright confusing -- unless most of them are from before
all of the other information got out, or before Ailes was let go.

Is she implying that Fox just cut Ailes loose without there being enough evidence for them to
have done it? That she doesn't believe there are actual recordings that back up the claims?
Just not getting why she'd still be beating this dead horse like this; she's not stupid.

All of that was said right after the news broke
When all the other women were defending Ailes

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:24 am 

This should answer a lot of questions:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/ ... final-days

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:31 am 

Two interesting things in this article on Megyn Kelly's upcoming contract negotiations:
Kimberly Guilfoyle was recruited by Ailes' wife to lead her husband's defense, but didn't go as far as she wanted:
Alisyn Camerota was among the women who talked to the law firm investigating the charges against Ailes:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10/ ... clusive?dg

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:44 am 
Gold Member

TIME's cover story is on Gretchen:
http://time.com/4540095/gretchen-carlsons-next-fight/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:36 am 
WWoW Artist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:56 pm 
Bronze Member

johnkay wrote:

Thanks for the link, johnkay.

Gretchen's new cause is worthy one. It sounds like forced arbitration on behalf of the employee is pretty standard and puts the employee at a disadvantage. I hope she is successful in putting pressure on media corporations to change that.

Not to go off track but one of the rules that knowledgeable car buyers follow is to read the fine print on the back of the purchase agreement and to look for clauses like this - that the dealership retains the right to sue you into oblivion but by signing the agreement you waive your rights to a trial and agree to arbitration.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12