Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nancy Grace quitting HLN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:15 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

:D :shades :mrgreen: :Kool :Victory :band :Banana :Dancing :carrot

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/n ... -907480?dg

ImageImage

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Nancy Grace quitting HLN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:51 am 
Bronze Member

But where is she going? Is she replacing one of our girls somewhere????

I think she has worked so hard for so many years she should go off & enjoy retirement ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:16 pm 

Maybe she's been watching clips of herself, and thinks it's best to step down :mrgreen:

Seriously, I've only landed on her show a handful of times in the last couple of years,
but just last week one night, I tuned in for about the first 10 minutes, she was discussing a
hit and run accident. I swear, she spent the entire segment essentially repeating everything
stated at the top of the story, and addressed the same few questions to her guests multiple times.

Nancy: "She was driving on the sidewalk, correct?"
Guest: "Yes, we've determined the driver ran off the road and onto the sidewalk."
Nancy: "Let's bring in the police spokesman -- so she runs off the road and starts driving on the sidewalk?"
Guest#2: "That's right, and we charged her with DUI."
Nancy: "She was driving on the sidewalk and she was drunk?"
Guest#1 : "She was intoxicated, yes."
Nancy: "Let me get this straight --and let's put up the photos too- She was drunk, AND driving on the sidewalk?"

This goes on for another minute or two, and by that point, her 2 guests have
already confirmed the same details over and over to her. I half expected at some
point for one of them to go "Nancy, you've asked me the same thing 4 times now --YES she was drunk, and YES
she drove up onto the sidewalk -- How much plainer can I make it?"

I know she's been like this before, but I haven't seen her show in quite a while, and
this was her worst yet. I don't mean to make fun of it if this is the case,
but is she somehow losing her attention span or something? Just a bizzare way she interviews now.
:Coyote

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:27 pm 

Thanks for the recap. That was hilarious! :lol: :lol:

CELEBRITYSLEUTH wrote:
But where is she going? Is she replacing one of our girls somewhere????
The article quotes "a very large digital component". Internet show? :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:43 pm 
Silver Member

Should have happen a number of years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:02 pm 
Bronze Member

The only time I watched Nancy Grace was during the George Zimmerman trial.
One of the analysts she had on apparently got tired of her shtick and I remember him telling her that she was "as subtle as a flying brick."
That was if for that guy but the expression on Grace's face after he said it was priceless.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:09 pm 
WWoW Member

She needs to quit the business and GTFO. Worst garbage on tv.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:11 pm 
Bronze Member

I still laugh about the time her nip came out on DWTS & she swore up & down it never happened. Guess our eyes & pictures lie huh Nancy? The same photos that if it benefited you, you would say THE PHOTOS DONT LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:16 pm 
WWoW Artist

Used to watch her at Court TV, on Larry King Live and in her early years at HLN, but after she ate crow, a sandwich on air, for predicting Michael Jackson would be guilty and he was pronounced innocent in his infamous rape trial and later on a guest on the HLN show committed suicide, after a fierce and badgering interview, I started finding Nancy to be out of it and quit tuning in. But sometime ago she did a good job on a story about a mysterious teen girl who was having sex in a hotel for the internet and nobody knew who she was. Started appearing on CNN and other HLN shows discussing the case. Then she was involved in a April fools prank on Morning Express where she claimed she had taken over the show and Robin was fired. But around the time of the Casey Anthony case she was even nuttier than usual and she went off the deep end with the verdict. I did tune in to see what sparks would fly on each show. She then seemed to parody Jane Velez Mitchell's show during the years Jane was on. Jane did used to fill in before getting her own show. I pretty much last saw Nancy's show when HLN was over saturated with criminal cases, court talk and court coverage. I burned out. It was around the time she did DWTS. So been around 5 years. I basically got bored of Nancy. I can't say I agreed with her all the time. She was slightly political or ideological, which was unavoidable, when she began discussing all those cases of police abuse. At that time of George Zimmerman's trial her comments went viral on all the news sites and YouTube.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:33 am 
Silver Member

Brettfan wrote:
Then she was involved in a April fools prank on Morning Express where she claimed she had taken over the show and Robin was fired. But around the time of the Casey Anthony case she was even nuttier than usual and she went off the deep end with the verdict. I did tune in to see what sparks would fly on each show. She then seemed to parody Jane Velez Mitchell's show during the years Jane was on. Jane did used to fill in before getting her own show.

I was pissed when HLN did that April Fools Day with Nancy. I would have prefer them used Bob heck even Mike over Nancy (anybody but Nancy really). Heck I liked JVM better even though I hardly saw any of those shows.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:44 pm 
Bronze Member

i want to know what took so long. also for fact she would go after someone with out having whole facts and still not letting up when facts show he or she was not that bad of person. she love to go after some hurt them so bad sometimes with having whole story or picture to go on. then person get tarnish that his life is ruined.