Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Robin Meade Gets $100,000 Private Toilet
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:08 pm 
Bronze Member

http://pagesix.com/2016/02/14/cnn-anchor-scores-100k-toilet-as-dozens-of-staffers-get-laid-off

CNN staffers are hopping mad that bosses are building anchor Robin Meade an expensive private toilet while employees are being laid off at their Atlanta headquarters.

HLN anchor Meade has demanded a loo and a sink in her office at Atlanta’s CNN Center, and, according to internal e-mails, the lavish latrine could cost up to $100,000.

But the malodorous move has been met with fury by CNN International staffers who have been told to reapply for their jobs.

An insider said: “Staff have been told there will be least 40 layoffs at the CNN International assignment desk. All desk editors have 30 days to reapply for their jobs. They want to move some of those jobs to Hong Kong and London. But just a year ago, they laid off those same positions in London and Hong Kong. Meanwhile, Robin is getting a new, $100,000 luxury latrine.”

Staff are buzzing CNN is slowly moving out of Atlanta and eventually plans to move its entire operation to Hudson Yards in Manhattan. “Jeff Zucker [president of CNN Worldwide] wants CNN out of Atlanta and completely in New York,” our source added.

Time Warner announced in 2014 it had sold its floors at Columbus Circle and was preparing to move to Hudson Yards. The move will see employees at Time Warner corporate, HBO, Turner, CNN and Warner Bros. move to the far West 30s starting in 2018.

Another CNN source said of Meade’s wondrous new water closet, “This isn’t as stinky as it sounds. Robin and those on her show currently have to run to a bathroom that is down the hall on another floor. A 2¹/₂-minute break often isn’t long enough to make it back to the set.”

A CNN rep said, “Robin inquired about building a bathroom closer to the studio to benefit the team that does a four-hour live show every day. The estimate has no correlation to other company matters.”

CNN didn’t comment about the layoffs or the move to New York.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Robin Meade Gets $100,000 Private Toilet
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:12 am 
WWoW Artist

So much sensationalism on this. First it's "demanded" then "inquired". It makes it sound like it's Robin's private luxury bathroom but then they report that the bathroom is "to benefit the team". Shoddy reporting intended to stir up controversy. :Coyote

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:27 am 
Silver Member

It also sounds like CNN still planning the NYC move and leave Atlanta. Wonder if the toilet is even worth it, even to cater to Robin.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:55 am 
Bronze Member

not the same without Ted Turner.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:56 am 
Administrator

That one video from Mode that I posted illustrated a little bit how long the trek is from the closest bathroom to the studio, so I can understand where she's coming from. On the other hand, the article makes her sound like she's a total diva. (Not that her request for facilities in her office helps that.)

Are they also inferring that Brooke and her staff were really, really good at holding it in?

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:07 pm 
Administrator

braniac wrote:
So much sensationalism on this. First it's "demanded" then "inquired". It makes it sound like it's Robin's private luxury bathroom but then they report that the bathroom is "to benefit the team". Shoddy reporting intended to stir up controversy. :Coyote

:ditto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:19 pm 

Here's a better report: http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/15/robin-meade-requested-a-bathroom-at-hln-and-this-is-how-the-ny-post-spun-it/

Forgive me if I'm misremembering, but Robin's had a 10-minute break during the 2nd block of the 2nd hour for years, hasn't she? Like HSF said, long walk. I say give them the new bathroom. Whatever way PageSix wants you to see it, it's much ado about nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:33 pm 
Bronze Member

someone who doesn't like her leaked this (no pun intended) to the Post.
that said, not sure I buy that she made the request "for the team."
if she made it, it was likely for her.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:46 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Oversimplifying I guess but Robin is about the only thing HLN has going for them so its a good investment at twice the price. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:19 pm 
WWoW Member

Considering all of CNN's god awful ratings, giving one of their biggest anchors a bathroom isn't much of a story.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:46 pm 
Bronze Member

right but it looks bad when you're firing people at the same time.

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:12 am 
Silver Member

I believe the correct response is......."I'd eat her poop just to see where it came from........." :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl

I say get rid of Blitzer and toss in a Bidet........ Better still - fire nancy grace and get one for Jen too!!! :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl :jetserl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:55 pm 
WWoW Artist

Jay Z wrote:
Better still - fire nancy grace

Agreed 100%! Nancy Grace belongs with Harvey Levin on TMZ or even better with Maury Povich. HLN truly jumped the shark and abandoned all credibility when they hired her. Thank gawd they still have Robin.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:57 pm 
Bronze Member

to me this whole issue will cause mess down the line. since if they are will to pay for that toilet. then down the line someone else will ask for something too. it will also lead to infighting from people that work there too. to me no one is worth that price just to keep them around.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:07 am 
Silver Member

chrislognshot wrote:
to me this whole issue will cause mess down the line. since if they are will to pay for that toilet. then down the line someone else will ask for something too. it will also lead to infighting from people that work there too. to me no one is worth that price just to keep them around.

Possibly but it's there enough people for their to be a problem? There's Robin and her team, The Daily Share team, Weekend Express team, and then the CNN weekend team. On-air wise that's about a dozen people.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:52 pm 
Silver Member

100,000 grand for a toilet and sink that is expensive, what is it a solid gold toilet it could be done for $5,000 to $10,000, $100,000 you could build a house, It sounds like someone has an ego if it is ture(which i doubt anyone would want $100,000 bathroom)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:51 am 
WWoW Member

Considering the fact there's no telling what all they have to demo inside the building to get access to pipes, it might be cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:52 pm 
Bronze Member

darkomen42 wrote:
Considering the fact there's no telling what all they have to demo inside the building to get access to pipes, it might be cheap.

so in other words she got custom water closet with over top powder room. is the toilet a Bidet that all gold with fancy flowers.