Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sinclair Broadcasting TV affiliates drop WeatherNation.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:26 pm 
Silver Member

I've just noticed that my local ABC affiliate that is owned by Sinclair Broadcasting has dropped WeatherNation in favor of a new channel, Comet TV.

Quote:
SBGI.Net
Sinclair Broadcast Group And Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Announce COMET, First-Ever Science Fiction Multi-Channel Network, To Premiere On October 31st

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Sinclair Broadcasting TV affiliates drop WeatherNation.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:49 pm 
WWoW Artist

In my market, they replaced Retro with Comet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:47 am 
Silver Member

epictimewaster wrote:
In my market, they replaced Retro with Comet.

That sucks, although Retro TV isn't what it used to be. They haven't changed their lineup in a few years. The shows that they have on now have been on for so long that they've rerun themselves many times over. And most of them are older shows out of the 50's and 60's. I thought that when they introduced Dr. Who that would make me more excited in watching the network, but I wish they hadn't made the decision to move it from 8p.m all the way back to 10p.m. I wish Retro TV could have stayed with it's earlier lineup of shows, stuff out of the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I always enjoyed watching Ironside, Kojac, Emergency!, and Hawaii 5-0, along with their 80's action shows, A-Team, Knight Rider, and Magnum P.I. But today's lineup has just grown old and stale. I don't know how many times they can rerun Highway To Heaven before you've seen the same episode 10 times over.

So maybe in some markets, ABC affiliates have 4 channels instead of 3? I was at work when I noticed the change, and I did a channel scan when I got home. But to no avail. Maybe when my station, ABC13 was almost pulled from Dish Network's cable they had a parting of ways and decided to drop WeatherNation come Oct. 31. I'll miss watching the channel, more so for the weather ladies than anything else. Although it hasn't been the same since they split from MediaLogic and the ladies from Minneapolis.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:08 pm 
WWoW Artist

I would get another 15 channels OTA that the cable company will not add that came in the past year. But they had every sub channel between 2005 and 2014 on the system.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:40 pm 
Bronze Member

not sure if you know this or not but Sinclair Broadcasting looking to buy tennis channel. if so will bring roh to that channel and other programming too.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]