Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Did Shep get screwed?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

If this is true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, Shep should come out, quit and sue FNC's a$$

http://gawker.com/how-fox-news-shoved-s ... 1569504867

ImageImage

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Did Shep get screwed?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:25 pm 
Gold Member

Well if you're implying that Fox is homophobic, this former FNC democratic strategist Sally Kohn said this, who happens to be gay (and I'm no way trying to be combative)

http://sallykohn.com/2014/04/learned-liberal-fox-news/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:27 pm 
Gold Member

Gawker has a history with Fox, so it could be true but it may not be.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:31 pm 

All I'm saying is if this happened it's discrimination, plain and simple

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:34 pm 
Gold Member

sparty wrote:
All I'm saying is if this happened it's discrimination, plain and simple

I don't personally believe it, but hey it's Fox so people are going to rip on it for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:38 pm 
Gold Member

Shep is a pro, Im not worried about him and I dont think he would be afraid to leave if he was being discriminated against. but who knows? there is a lot of manure out there about Ailes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:45 pm 

It's possible Shep doesn't care as long as he gets $$$

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

I think the Gawker article points out that one top executive, Senior VP Bill Shine, is homophobic, according to the article. Not the whole organization. I do think there is a portion of the FNC audience that would not be able to deal with knowing an anchor on FNC is gay. Would it be enough to hurt the ratings? Who knows?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 pm 
Bronze Member

Mark85la wrote:
Well if you're implying that Fox is homophobic....

To the contrary....the Gawker article actually paints FOX and even Ailes ( :wow ) in a good light. It's this Shine fella that seems to have the problem. And I'll go even one step further, I don't even think Shine cares one way or another. He's simply concern with their viewership numbers dropping. It is no great secret that the conservative base abhors homosexuality...that doesn't mean they aren't tolerable. Whenever me and my sister go to see our brother, we usually take her Suburban and she has three young children, one a two year old that drives me nuts. In an ideal world he'd sleep unnoticed until we got there but when he's awake I tolerate his crying, throwing food, trying to climb out of his car seat, etc.

Obviously they have no problem with Shep being employed there, appearing on-camera...but why would FOX allow him to use their media outlet to promote homosexuality? That doesn't make sense...three months ago they were standing behind Phil Robertson for his comments against it. I told y'all I may not agree with FOX on most stuff but I like 'em because they keep it real...they draw a line in the sand. You know what you're gonna get and hear when you flip to their station. Can you imagine the backlash if Shep came out during his show? Hell, Bill O'Reily would have a field day during his email segment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:07 pm 
Bronze Member

malone42 wrote:
I think the Gawker article points out that one top executive, Senior VP Bill Shine, is homophobic, according to the article. Not the whole organization. I do think there is a portion of the FNC audience that would not be able to deal with knowing an anchor on FNC is gay. Would it be enough to hurt the ratings? Who knows?

Exactly...your post beat mine but we're on the same page Malone. But like I said above, I don't see how they could let him do that. Kinda why the LA chapter of the NAACP is catching hell now with this Sterling mess. You wouldn't buy a barking cat...or adopt a meowing dog. Fox would lose credibility....straight up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:09 pm 
Gold Member

malone42 wrote:

Nah I don't agree with that at all. As if MSNBC doesn't bash republicans all day or spent 8 years bashing Bush.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:16 pm 
Gold Member

All I'm going to say is most people really don't care as long as they're objective and good at their job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:17 pm 
Bronze Member

And let me also clarify....I could care less if a person is gay or not. My dentist is gay...and I see her every month. As long as she keeps my teeth clean, straight and from falling out she's alright by me, no matter her preference. The point of my previous post was to point out you cannot build an empire based on being an alternative to the carefree, free-living lifestyle of liberal America and it's base, then turn around and let the fox (no pun intended) in the hen-house or in this case...let him come out. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:22 pm 
Bronze Member

Mark85la wrote:
malone42 wrote:

Nah I don't agree with that at all. As if MSNBC doesn't bash republicans all day or spent 8 years bashing Bush.

What does that have to do with the subject of Ailes advising Shep to keep it in the closet? Which by the way, is probably their right to do, under some sort of contract clause. Are you saying you simply think the Gawker article is fabricated...false in it's entirety? And Mark talk to me...we're not arguing or throwing punches or Fox bashing...I'm not anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:26 pm 
Gold Member

piccolo217 wrote:
Mark85la wrote:
malone42 wrote:

What does that have to do with the subject of Ailes advising Shep to keep it in the closet? Which by the way, is probably their right to do, under some sort of contract clause. Are you saying you simply think the Gawker article is fabricated...false in it's entirety? And Mark talk to me...we're not arguing or throwing punches or Fox bashing...I'm not anyway.

No not saying it's fabricated or it isn't, I just don't think Fox would do that, b/c since everyone else ignored the article I posted written by former FNC contributor who happens to be an openly lesbian big democrat progressive Sally Kohn about how she was treated fairly by FNC. But again nobody addressed the article...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:44 pm 
Bronze Member

Just finished reading the Sally Kohn piece.... :shock:

If what she says is true, then just like FOX they go through a lot of trouble to make the viewers of television think they dislike O'bama, dems, gays, affirmative action, ACLU, SCLC, legal immigrants, etc. Now if somebody is trying to convince me that their on-screen talent (because that's all we see) are actually different people off camera, then they do some good acting. And they go through a lot to make a good living.

I know Keith Olbermann dislikes Bill O'Reily. I saw Rachel Maddow and Alicia Silverstone diss Elizabeth Hassellbeck on her own show. I wouldn't shake Sean Hannity's hand if you paid me to...because if he doesn't BELIEVE most of the things he says and promotes...he's a puppet then. And yeah MSNBC has a lot of them too! It isn't always the organization, sometimes it's just the people or a person. Just like MSNBC booted Keith, Fox booted Glenn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:03 pm 
Bronze Member

I know Judge Pirro isn't that way. I'd f#!K her legal brains out...and make Jamie watch it all! :evil:

NOW I really got you mad now don't I Mark? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:47 pm 
Gold Member

Fox denying:
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fox ... on_b223266

Quote:
"Smith works for the news side of FOX, which is run by Michael Clemente and Jay Wallace not Bill Shine”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:53 pm 
Bronze Member

piccolo217 wrote:
Just finished reading the Sally Kohn piece.... :shock:

If what she says is true, then just like FOX they go through a lot of trouble to make the viewers of television think they dislike O'bama, dems, gays, affirmative action, ACLU, SCLC, legal immigrants, etc. Now if somebody is trying to convince me that their on-screen talent (because that's all we see) are actually different people off camera, then they do some good acting. And they go through a lot to make a good living.

I know Keith Olbermann dislikes Bill O'Reily. I saw Rachel Maddow and Alicia Silverstone diss Elizabeth Hassellbeck on her own show. I wouldn't shake Sean Hannity's hand if you paid me to...because if he doesn't BELIEVE most of the things he says and promotes...he's a puppet then. And yeah MSNBC has a lot of them too! It isn't always the organization, sometimes it's just the people or a person. Just like MSNBC booted Keith, Fox booted Glenn.

Well, the gist of what Sally Kohn was saying is that putting politics aside the people she squared off against on TV were, in person, just nice people. I've read that Sean Hannity is one of the nicest guys you'll come across once the political bickering is over.

As far as the on-screen stuff goes, I'm sure there's a mix of folks (like Hannity) who really believe what they're saying and some who don't. Just as an example, I've noticed that Anna Kooiman has gone from being more agnostic to more Conservative on air. Case in point - she was doing a panel segment where they were talking about Hillary Clinton's lack of accomplishments as Secretary of State and she asked the Democrat on the panel (paraphrasing) "So if Hillary Clinton doesn't have any major accomplishments as SOS to run on, will she have to run as just another Hollywood celebrity like Obama?" She was making a partisan assertion in her question but whether she believes what she was saying or not is anyone's guess. I get the feeling she probably isn't all that interested in politics but that's just my impression.

In the end, it's cable news and the competition for viewers is fierce.

As for Shep, I really don't know what to believe. For me he is the most trusted guy for hard news and giving a fair assessment to stories so I hope they aren't muzzling him in any way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:58 pm 
Gold Member

Gawker now seems like a bully trying to force Shep out of the closet (I dont think its their first report on Sheps sexual orientation), this is backfiring on them. Even Politico is reporting that Gawker's article has many fabrications in it.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... 87724.html

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next