Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2014 Cable News Predictions
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:43 am 
WWoW Artist

Any predictions of what will happen in the cable/broadcast TV newsphere next year?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 2014 Cable News Predictions
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:23 pm 
WWoW Artist

I am sure leading off with the original "Money Honey" Maria Bartiromo :shades shuffling off to Fox Business--many insiders say that both Liz Claman and Melissa Francis are not happy with the move :( .

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Maria leading off the markets in the morning and maybe be a contributor to the "After the Bell" program.

The ratings is a different story, but will people continue to watch if changes are made to Tracy Byrnes, Lori Rothman, and Ashley Webster's "Markets Now" or Liz's "Countdown to the Closing Bell"?

Close second is CNN, practically moving their entire key operations from their original hub in Atlanta up to New York :cowboy . Will very popular and likeable anchor/country music singer Robin Meade stay entrenched in Dixie Country or join the herd and the true hustle and bustle of being in our nation's most populated city :Tounge ?

Third, what will come of the really dumb decisions on updating the studios and the graphics at The Weather Channel :Bang ? Personally, I think TWC is going down and going down fast.

Luckily, a new regular type of cable channel will be surfacing come October 1 called the Network Weather Channel for the time being. Expect many former TWC on-camera meteorologists to join in. Storyteller extraordinaire Dave Schwartz is leading the charge to what their Facebook slogan says, "No naming of storms, no reality shows, just the weather."

That is what I will be watching and reading during 2014.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:17 am 
Silver Member

For CNN/HLN that some of the popular talent will leave or be forced out. Predictions out: Christi Paul, Robin Meade, Kyra Phillips (if she didn't already leave). Predictions 50-50: Brooke Baldwin (one hand I don't think she has kids though she has a fiance unsure what he does and if he would be able to found something if she does decide to move though I heard she lived in the ATL for most of her life and is a Tar Heel, so it would be a choice between staying in her hometown and moving up in her career). Predictions of staying moving to NYC is Susan Hendricks because she's from Jersey and Lynn Berry because well she live there until going to HLN.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:45 am 

newsguy wrote:
Predictions 50-50: Brooke Baldwin (one hand I don't think she has kids though she has a fiance unsure what he does and if he would be able to found something if she does decide to move though I heard she lived in the ATL for most of her life and is a Tar Heel, so it would be a choice between staying in her hometown and moving up in her career).

Brooke was raised in Atlanta, but her career has taken her to local stations in West Virginia, Virginia,
and up until CNN hired her - Washington DC.
Even spent time in Mexico City during undergraduate work.

You are right about her being a Tar Heel, since she attended the University of North Carolina.

It's only since CNN hired her in 2008 that she came back home.
So it's more like she's been away from ATL for half of her life at least, not afraid to move around
if work requires it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:50 am 
WWoW Artist

Location: I'm capable of unsuccessfully executing a personal nocturnal fantasy ejaculation.
Another active upskirt season, with over 30 upskirt events including 12-18 named upskirts.
Melvin on top of it, as always.
:)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:34 am 
WWoW Founder

Piers Morgan gets fired - Replaced by ??? -- Ann Curry is my off the drawing board pick

CNN has to replace Zoraida on weekday morning show plus find a weekend female host. Who will those females be ??? Going with Romans on weekday and probably Pamela Brown on weekend.

Foxnews hasn't named Anna yet as official F&F weekend host so I predict they rotate different women all of 2014 to test things out.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:29 pm 
WWoW Artist

MelvinMoogleman wrote:
Another active upskirt season, with over 30 upskirt events including 12-18 named upskirts.

How many major upskirts like that one from Megyn during election season? :jetserl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:26 am 
WWoW Artist

Location: I'm capable of unsuccessfully executing a personal nocturnal fantasy ejaculation.
blm489 wrote:
MelvinMoogleman wrote:

How many major upskirts like that one from Megyn during election season? :jetserl

In 2013 we had 42 upskirts as recorded by The Melvin Upskirt Institute - 5 were major and 1 was record-setting
The large number of upskirts was affected by a Casinelli El Nino.
Future forecasts are expected to be lower due to the loss of the Carlson Effect.
That said, you'll be lucky to see Megyn's legs ever again, since she believes she's the new O'Reilly.
Mel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:59 pm 
Silver Member

More predictions would be Sportsnation get a co-host (I'm hoping). Also I'm getting concern that the NFL network might remove Nicole Zalmouis from NFL AM.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:17 pm 
Bronze Member

My predicitions is that Sara Walsh would do Sportscenter more and Lauren Shehadi should do The Rundown daily and Quick Pitch on weekends.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 pm 
Administrator

Elisabeth Hasselbeck will give us an upskirt in 2014. BOLD prediction!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:26 pm 
Bronze Member

- CNN's New Day will see a shake-up given that the show, which according to Zucker was supposed to be the foundation for the changes he is making, hasn't done well in the ratings. I'd like to think they would dump Chris Cuomo for John Berman but they'll probably end up replacing Kate Bolduan for someone else. They won't touch the logistics of the show (i.e. keeping them camped out behind the desk for 95% of the time) or the content and will blame it on poor chemistry between the anchors.

- If forced to move to NYC, Robin Meade will not stick around on Morning Express.

- That Ronin Farrow (sp?) guy will take over for the departed Martin Bashir next year.

- Don Lemon is a rising star and will get a better time slot.

- MSNBC will continue to keep thoroughbreds like Krystal Ball and Abby Huntsman camped under a desk the entire time they're on air (think FNC's success is solely due to their editorial decisions, Phil Griffin?).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]