Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Interesting article from Slate...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 pm 
WWoW regular

...about how female newscasters do 'sexy'.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/ ... dress.html

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Interesting article from Slate...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:36 pm 
Silver Member

This article was written by a woman, so I'm going to take this with a grain of salt.

Women who write these articles are a) unmarried, b) in an unfulfilling, BS relationship (see HBO's "Girls'), and c) ever-so-thinly hiding their jealousy in their writing.

For example: Megyn Kelly was an editor of her college's law review and was a successful attorney before going to work for FNC. She has the highest rated news program at her time slot, makes high six or low seven figures, is happily married to a successful author, and is a mother of one daughter and is expecting a second.

What is Miss Thing doing with her life, pray tell?

(actually, Libby Copeland the author is not that bad looking; I'm just saying that people who write these articles are jealous whiners who are on track for spinsterhood.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 pm 
Bronze Member

Unless I wasn't paying enough attention before 2009, I'm pretty sure that the First Lady started the fashion wave of sleeveless dresses and the ladies toning up their arms. It was this picture that did it, if I recall correctly -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... ficial.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:08 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

FishOil wrote:
Unless I wasn't paying enough attention before 2009, I'm pretty sure that the First Lady started the fashion wave of sleeveless dresses and the ladies toning up their arms. It was this picture that did it, if I recall correctly -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... ficial.jpg

I mean she might have increased the popularity but those were popular before then. I asked around. As for pumping up the arms that has been a general trend for a decade. All throughout the body. Part of the whole yoga trend too. Women, well those are not obese(in this country we are quite getting stratified in this area) are fitter now they have been for over 100 years. Back when the US was a more agrarian society we were quite fit. We moved away from that for large segments of the population but other parts are regaining that fitness that was common in large parts of society in the past. But alas, there is a lot of obesity in this country as well. Like I said, it's quite the stratified society in that manner.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]