Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Paula Faris leaving WNN for New York reporter spot.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:54 am 
Silver Member

I just saw this video on Facebook where Paula announced this morning that she will be leaving the anchor desk at World News Now. She's being reassigned to another post as the "New York reporter". This leaves yet another opening in the co-anchor chair next to Rob Nelson. I kinda knew that this day was going to come after all the time Paula has spent on Good Morning America. She's become too big of a star for the overnight shift. Or does this have to deal with the ever revolving carousel of female reporters who have tried to fill the anchor chair since the departure of Vinita Nair. How many ladies have their been? Vinita Nair, Diana Perez, Peggy Bunker, Yunji De Nies, Sunny Hostin, and who knows how many others. Some people say that Paula had incredible chemistry with Rob Nelson. Maybe its the stress of being a young mother that made Paula make this decision.

Here is the video of Paula talking about her departure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWmtoZVl ... NNfans.com

"As just announced on WNN, I am being permanently moved to correspondent duty at ABC. You'll see my reports on GMA, World News Tonight, Nightline, 20/20. And, will still see my stories on World News Now. I just won't be in the anchor chair. Rob will be back Tuesday morning to give me a proper sendoff! I've loved every minute of this experience and am so incredibly grateful for your support. XO"
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8918623302

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Paula Faris leaving WNN for New York reporter spot.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am 
WWoW Artist

:(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am 
Silver Member

Vinita Nair, Tanya Rivero, Diana Alvear, Linsey Davis, Diana Perez, Peggy Bunker, Yunji De Nies, Sunny Hostin, and now Paula Faris. Who is next in line to fill in that doomed overnight chair next to Rob Nelson? Vinita, Peggy, and Yunji have all left to go to local news affiliates. Tanya and Linsey do occasional stories for Good Morning America. Diana Perez still shows up from time to time for ABC. Last time I checked, I think Diana Alvear left the network. My hope would be for Tanya to come back, but she's already done two tours of duty as a fill in anchor. Why was she never chosen to be the permanent anchor? Who knows. Sunny Hostin has filled in several times over the years, but since she is also an attorney, I think there is a conflict between her legal career and being a full time "and overnight" news personality. I just don't know where World News Now can go from now on. This program has been a constant revolving door for anchors over its 20 year history.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:45 am 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

So I guess this means Brandi Hitt will take her spot :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:42 pm 
WWoW Artist

It will be interesting to see how often she will be continuing on the show. Thanks for the info, especially those late night owls who were able to stay up and watch this announcement.

No question, rising star in the making--I knew that when she was in Chicago doing sports for NBC5. Great for her!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:17 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Ninja wrote:
So I guess this means Brandi Hitt will take her spot :mrgreen:

The lovely lady will be appreciated. Yeah, I hadn't watched Wednesday since I saw that other lady in for the first two days. So I turned it on too late to catch Paula's legs last night and sure enough there she was. I didn't stay up for her announcement though. O, well. She'll be missed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:30 pm 

maestrodawg65 wrote:
Vinita Nair, Tanya Rivero, Diana Alvear, Linsey Davis, Diana Perez, Peggy Bunker, Yunji De Nies, Sunny Hostin, and now Paula Faris. Who is next in line to fill in that doomed overnight chair next to Rob Nelson?

I wouldn't go as far as calling it "doomed" -- not really any more for the ladies than it is for the guys. (like Anderson Cooper)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_News ... r_timeline
(Thalia Assuras looks like the champ so far, going just short of 4 yrs)
Notice on the anchor list, hardly anybody averages more than a couple years there, and sometimes a lot less.
Pretty clear reason -- the hours. Not just that its on, but what it requires of the anchors.

They all know going in that it's mainly a jumping off point for better exposure and conditions somewhere else.
What would be a bad indicator would be if someone found themselves stuck there for any great length of time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:56 pm 
Bronze Member

Diana Perez has posted to her facebook page that she is the new co-anchor on WNN.

From a newsbabe perspective, this is an awesome choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm 
Silver Member

testr1234 wrote:
Diana Perez has posted to her facebook page that she is the new co-anchor on WNN.

:Thumb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 am 
WWoW Artist

testr1234 wrote:

Strongly agree. Loved it when she filled in for Paula for a couple weeks last summer. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:49 pm 
WWoW regular

:Doh Paula seems to be very sweet+funny and a natural on camera. The chemisty between Paula and Rob was great. Sometimes with co-anchors you have to wonder if they speak to each other at all once the red light goes off. Thanks to insomnia I am usually up at that time of the morning. The last few months WNN had been my go to for late late night tv. I'll give Diana Perez, or whoever else the ends up the new co-anchor a chance. I'm sure I'll be up. lol

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]