Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: MSNBCs new 3pm show, "The Cycle"
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:25 pm 
Bronze Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 1340309042

What do you all think?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: MSNBCs new 3pm show, "The Cycle"
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:36 pm 
Silver Member

Assuming we all know that Fox News runs right and MSNBC leans left, let's just call it for what it is:

A BLATANT RIP-OFF OF "THE FIVE".

As far as WWoW is concerned, unless this show has leg shots of SE Cupp and Krystal Ball, it won't be worth the DVR space.

S.E. Cupp is brains and beauty. I've watched her on "Red Eye" more than a few times.

I've seen some caps of Krystal Ball. Nice legs.

As far as the bearers of the Y-chromosome...nahhh...I'll let someone else start that fight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:20 pm 
Silver Member

This show will be useless, because we all know that MSNBC sticks all of their leggy ladies behind giant a$$ clunky tables. I like Krystal a lot,and S.E. is cute too. But no legs, no viewers and no thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:23 pm 
Bronze Member

I hear ya on the big clunky desk thing.

Someone from Fox needs to walk across the street and take MSNBC sofa shopping.

Come on MSNBC, buy a couch!

If anyone is interested, the 4 co-anchors will join Dylan Ratigan tomorrow during his show to talk about the new show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:45 pm 
WWoW Artist

LongJohnScotty wrote:
Assuming we all know that Fox News runs right and MSNBC leans left, let's just call it for what it is:

"When 'The Five' started, did you go and ask them if they were doing 'The View'?" [Touré, one of the cast on the show] asked. "When 'The View' started, did you ask them if they were doing the 'Today' show?" :mrgreen: :jetserl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:15 pm 
Silver Member

braniac wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

"When 'The Five' started, did you go and ask them if they were doing 'The View'?" [Touré, one of the cast on the show] asked. "When 'The View' started, did you ask them if they were doing the 'Today' show?" :mrgreen: :jetserl

"The Five" actually have intelligent conversations about WTF is going on in the world; for all of their supposed "right wing bias", they even have a liberal commentator (Bob Beckel or Juan Williams) to throw in the left's $0.02.

The View? Two comediennes who aren't funny any more and both whom have had solo efforts cancelled (Joy Behar on HLN and Whoopi Goldberg's radio show); Barbara Walters, who is seen as a joke to her fellow journalists and sucks up to dictators (Castro and Assad); Sherri Shepard, who brings nothing to the table, and Elizabeth Hasselbeck who whines more than argues when disagreeing with her co-hosts.

The Five? Kim Guilfoyle (former San Francisco DA), Dana Perino (fmr White House press secretary), Eric Boller (fmr Pittsburgh Pirate, commodities trader), Bob Beckel (ran the Mondale campaign, assistant Sec'y of State), Greg Gutfield (fmr magazine editor, Red Eye host, show has had better ratings at 3am than MSNBC shows had during primetime).

Toure' is Al Sharpton with worse hair and had a temper tantrum on "Piers Morgan" a couple of months ago.

And yes, MSNBC needs to buy a couch (hold the table) for "The Cycle"'s set. I'd also nominate Tamron Hall to replace (Reginald) Toure' (what, he thinks he's Prince, now?) and some other female to replace the dude from Salon (note to msnbc:post anchor profiles on your website). Otherwise, it's not even worth DVR space for screen capping.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:59 am 
Silver Member

LongJohnScotty wrote:
Red Eye host, show has had better ratings at 3am than MSNBC shows had during primetime).

Take away the leg chair from Red Eye and even The Five and see if they'll pull in the same ratings. Do You honestly want to spend an hour JUST staring at Gutfield's face? :jetserl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Bolling and Gutfeld are a$$holes
The four spend the show ganging up on Beckel
I have NO use for Dana Perino
That said, I agree with Art
I have no hope for this show as long as it's on MSNBC
Do yourselves a favor and watch Brooke Baldwin at 3 :Bunny

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:40 am 
Silver Member

Quote:
Take away the leg chair from Red Eye and even The Five and see if they'll pull in the same ratings. Do You honestly want to spend an hour JUST staring at Gutfield's face?

As far as woman watching is concerned, obviously not. But as far as content is concerned, then yeah I'll take Gutfield any old day of the week over those on MSDNC.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:15 am 
Bronze Member

sparty wrote:
Bolling and Gutfeld are a$$holes
The four spend the show ganging up on Beckel
I have NO use for Dana Perino
That said, I agree with Art
I have no hope for this show as long as it's on MSNBC
Do yourselves a favor and watch Brooke Baldwin at 3 :Bunny

+2 re: how MSNBC will likely botch this show. I don't know what set they would use aside from the one that Ratigan has been using which means that everyone will be seen from waist up and that's a shame when you've got S.E. Cupp and Krystal Ball to work with.

At least The Five is a unique format on Fox.....that is, there isn't another show like it on the network. In contrast, MSNBC has this same format with Alex Wagner's show only you add one more person.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:20 am 
Bronze Member

Art Vandeleigh wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:
Red Eye host, show has had better ratings at 3am than MSNBC shows had during primetime).

Take away the leg chair from Red Eye and even The Five and see if they'll pull in the same ratings. Do You honestly want to spend an hour JUST staring at Gutfield's face? :jetserl

That would be an interesting experiment.....just how many viewers are tuning in for the leg shots? Fox is certainly aware of the draw....I don't remember when it was but Bolling referred to the "leg chair" on The Five during one show.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:53 am 
WWoW regular

the leg chairs are the biggest resions for Fox's ratings. But they also get by because they talk like normal everyday peolpe. MSNBC trys to hard to act like there the smartest peolpe in the room. Or have some morle high high horse to ride. When alot of the time the don't have a leg to stand on. And alot of the host just seem to talk down to the viewers. MSNBC needs to get off there high horse and brake out the leg chairs and get rid of the washed up peolpe and the ones can't carry a show but got one becuase they kissed up to the boss.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 pm 
Bronze Member

couple of these comments are laugh out loud funny, like: the Five actually have intelligent conversations, they talk like normal people :jetserl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 pm 
Administrator

Thread locked, since some can't have a discussion without bringing politics into. :evil: :(
Rules reminder:
--No politics--there's a difference between current events and politics.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]