Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: CNN May ratings hit 20 year low
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:41 am 
WWoW regular

I bet Erin is rethinking her decision to move....

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:42 pm 
Bronze Member

LongJohnScotty wrote:
pacificRT wrote:
Now if someone would just explain to me who the heck "Fareek Navazad" is,
I could follow the conversation a lot better...

:jetserl :mrgreen:

His actual name is Fareed Zakaria. He hosts "Fareed Zakaria: GPS". IMHO, the show is a misnomer since he is so out of touch with most of America.

Fareed's contribution to CNN's downward spiral is that he is the part of the "foreign exchange student" wing of CNN. In their attempt to go global, they signed him and Piers Morgan.

I could go chapter and verse of his past offenses, but really his show is the same as the rest of the chattering class on the Sunday pundit shows: beltway insiders who have no idea WTF is going on outside DC, the intellectual elite who dream up the same stupid theories and ideas that have been epic fail for decades, and the alleged posterior-kissing journalists (Zakaria) who don't even pretend to ask hard questions of the other two classes.

Meanwhile Fox News Channel actually does hard news on Sundays (Fox and Friends Weekend @7-10am, America's Newsroom 10-12 and America's News HQ 12-2pm. Oh, and they also have female reporters who look good AND do journalism (Alison Camerota, Jamie Colby, Shannon Bream).

So you have two choices: get lectured to by a bunch of know-nothings, or ogle lovely women who tell you what's going on in the world.

And as long as we're talking about CNN, women and stupid moves, sacking Jacqui and keeping the "foreign exchange students" was a bad idea.

1. its the other way around, America is soo out of touch with the rest of the world, thats why were falling behind

2. Fox News actually does hard news, is beyond laughable, the only correct part is the female news anchors and reportes who look good.

3. the two choices actually: watch CNN for hard news or watch Fox with the lovely women who are the "bunch of no nothings" :Victory

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:09 pm 
Gold Member

Fox women aren't dumb, they're pretty smart actually, and CNN does more fluff stories as Fox covers everything in the news.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:33 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

It used to bother me when networks blurred the line between journalism and entertainment
Those days are long gone
Now, the way I look at it, it's like the leadoff hitter in a baseball game
What's they first thing he does?
Takes his foot and wipes out the back line of the batter's box
They all do it
Fox and MSNBC are more blatant about it
I still think CNN is the best when it comes to breaking news
But it's boring the rest of the time

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:09 pm 
WWoW Artist

LongJohnScotty wrote:
Meanwhile Fox News Channel actually does hard news on Sundays (Fox and Friends Weekend @7-10am...

Don't we have a discussion topic for jokes and humor?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:11 pm 
WWoW Artist

LongJohnScotty wrote:
Let US Immigration pull deportation orders on Morgan and Zakaria.

Just what crimes did they commit to deserve deportation? Inquiring minds want to know.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:48 pm 
Silver Member

braniac wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:
Meanwhile Fox News Channel actually does hard news on Sundays (Fox and Friends Weekend @7-10am...

*rimshot*

Hey, don't take my word for it...flip around on Sundays between FNC, CNN, HLN, MSNBC, and the Big Three networks and see who does what.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:52 pm 
Silver Member

braniac wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

Just what crimes did they commit to deserve deportation? Inquiring minds want to know.

Point taken. Just because they serve as propaganda hacks who draw paychecks for hosting low-rated, bottom feeding shows is not really grounds for deportation. Then again, it's not like CNN does performance reviews.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:07 pm 
Silver Member

ajd40 wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:
pacificRT wrote:
Now if someone would just explain to me who the heck "Fareek Navazad" is,
I could follow the conversation a lot better...

:jetserl :mrgreen:

His actual name is Fareed Zakaria. He hosts "Fareed Zakaria: GPS". IMHO, the show is a misnomer since he is so out of touch with most of America.

Fareed's contribution to CNN's downward spiral is that he is the part of the "foreign exchange student" wing of CNN. In their attempt to go global, they signed him and Piers Morgan.

I could go chapter and verse of his past offenses, but really his show is the same as the rest of the chattering class on the Sunday pundit shows: beltway insiders who have no idea WTF is going on outside DC, the intellectual elite who dream up the same stupid theories and ideas that have been epic fail for decades, and the alleged posterior-kissing journalists (Zakaria) who don't even pretend to ask hard questions of the other two classes.

Meanwhile Fox News Channel actually does hard news on Sundays (Fox and Friends Weekend @7-10am, America's Newsroom 10-12 and America's News HQ 12-2pm. Oh, and they also have female reporters who look good AND do journalism (Alison Camerota, Jamie Colby, Shannon Bream).

So you have two choices: get lectured to by a bunch of know-nothings, or ogle lovely women who tell you what's going on in the world.

And as long as we're talking about CNN, women and stupid moves, sacking Jacqui and keeping the "foreign exchange students" was a bad idea.

1. its the other way around, America is soo out of touch with the rest of the world, thats why were falling behind

2. Fox News actually does hard news, is beyond laughable, the only correct part is the female news anchors and reportes who look good.

3. the two choices actually: watch CNN for hard news or watch Fox with the lovely women who are the "bunch of no nothings" :Victory

The only thing that you "won" is that answering you would turn this discussion VERY nasty, get the thread locked, and at least one of us getting a board warning or outright suspended.

If you enjoy supporting failure, so be it. There are Cubs fans who still pay MLB ticket prices for Class-A baseball at Wrigley Field, going to ball games "just for the experience" and not to root for a contender.

Oh...and Ashleigh and Zoraida are hot babes. Totally diggin' Ashleigh's "naughty librarian" look.

And another thing: Jennifer, you look very lovely. There's no need for you to keep hiding behind the desk on Morning Express. I'm sure Robin will let you share the couch with her, just like old times.

//done arguin'

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:39 pm 
WWoW Member

GerriFan wrote:
I bet Erin is rethinking her decision to move....

Not for getting paid $2 million a year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:58 am 
WWoW Artist

LongJohnScotty wrote:
If you enjoy supporting failure, so be it. There are Cubs fans who still pay MLB ticket prices for Class-A baseball at Wrigley Field, going to ball games "just for the experience" and not to root for a contender.

Ratings, success and failure are about advertising dollars which I don't care about. I watch what I want to watch regardless of ratings. I watch CNN and PBS for news and I could give a damn if they are rated 1 or 100. If I want to see non stop leg I watch Fox with the sound turned off knowing that I'm missing the intellectual brilliance of Gretchen and the two tools. :Bang If I want to listen to non stop right wing propaganda I watch Fox (with the sound on). If I want to listen to non stop left wing propaganda I watch MSNBC. When I'm sick of it all I turn on Jon Stewart or Steven Colbert. :jetserl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:34 am 
Silver Member

braniac wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

Ratings, success and failure are about advertising dollars which I don't care about. I watch what I want to watch regardless of ratings. I watch CNN and PBS for news and I could give a damn if they are rated 1 or 100. If I want to see non stop leg I watch Fox with the sound turned off knowing that I'm missing the intellectual brilliance of Gretchen and the two tools. :Bang If I want to listen to non stop right wing propaganda I watch Fox (with the sound on). If I want to listen to non stop left wing propaganda I watch MSNBC. When I'm sick of it all I turn on Jon Stewart or Steven Colbert. :jetserl

To quote the legendary Tom Petty:

Listen, it don't really matter to me
(Dude), you believe what you wanna believe
You see, you don't have to live like a refugee

Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have
Kicked you around some
Tell me why you wanna lay there,
Revel in your abandon (and your worst ratings in 20 years)

(Brah), it don't make no difference to me
(Homie, everybody's had to fight to be free
You see, you don't have to live like a refugee
No baby, you don't have to live like a refugee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-TBpKGACmw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:58 pm 
Bronze Member

Mark85la wrote:
Fox women aren't dumb, they're pretty smart actually, and CNN does more fluff stories as Fox covers everything in the news.

i beg to differ on the first statement, and yes CNN is not perfect, they do fluff stories.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:00 pm 
Bronze Member

braniac wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

love this comment :thankyou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:00 pm 
Bronze Member

braniac wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

i second that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:05 pm 
Bronze Member

braniac wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

pretty much spot on, except for being a little harsh on MSNBC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:29 pm 
Silver Member

ajd40, you don't...have...to live like a refugee...

(don't have to live like a refugee)

:jetserl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 am 
Silver Member

Quote:
3. the two choices actually: watch CNN for hard news or watch Fox with the lovely women who are the "bunch of no nothings"

None of those cable channels are hard news don't kid yourself. If you want hard news that's what the internet is for. The only reason to watch any cable news network is the women.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 am 
WWoW Artist

DaveD wrote:
CNN gets low ratings because they are TOO news oriented.
They don't play the ratings game like the FOX vs. MSNBC battle and that's why their ratings are so low.
FOX gets news because of cleavage, legs, boobs, crotch shots, and back sides. They make no attempt to hide it and their ratings are high.
MSNBC is the anti-FOX network showing people like Chris Matthews. He's entertaining but certainly not worthy of any nice leg views.
That leaves CNN in the void. Not willing to play that game and still having to succumb to the low ratings.

If given a choice between watching the same news story, would you want to see Megyn Kelly and her cleavage or Wolf Blitzer?

Brooke Baldwin, Brianna Keilar, Jessica Yellin, Poppy Harlow, Kate Bolduan and Alison Kosik for me. With Bonnie Schneider doing weather since we lost Jeras.

Brooke Baldwin is the Megyn Kelly of CNN. The shows are similar in feel and content and they overlap each other one hour. Brooke was born in 1979 and Megyn in 1971. So an 8 year difference. Seems like a lot of age difference till you look at it this way. Both born in the same decade. Both imitating each other. Brooke the slightly better show because Brooke will have sit outs, while Megyn is behind her table. But Megyn has decent shots of her legs and she has leggy guests and both end up standing. The shows are very similar to the point that I think CNN is copying parts of America Live. I don't watch Suzanne Malveaux that often but it might be the same on her show. I also don't watch Jenna on Fox News much either.

To me Fox News wants Romney elected. CNN is trying to add republican voices, but leans left moderate. And MSNBC wants Obama elected.
Things have become polarizing.

Last edited by Brettfan on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:45 am 
Silver Member

Quote:
Brooke was born in 1979 and Megyn in 1971. So an 8 year difference. Seems like a lot of age difference till you look at it this way.

8 years isn't much of a difference once you get into your 30s. Big difference when you're a teenager or even in your 20s but not once your start reaching middle age. I'm also born in 1979 and I can tell you I don't look at anyone 8 years older as being any more mature.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next