Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: CNN May ratings hit 20 year low
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 am 
Silver Member

Quote:
CNN gets low ratings because they are TOO news oriented.
They don't play the ratings game like the FOX vs. MSNBC battle and that's why their ratings are so low.
FOX gets news because of cleavage, legs, boobs, crotch shots, and back sides. They make no attempt to hide it and their ratings are high.
MSNBC is the anti-FOX network showing people like Chris Matthews. He's entertaining but certainly not worthy of any nice leg views.
That leaves CNN in the void. Not willing to play that game and still having to succumb to the low ratings.

Chris Matthews comes on in primetime the same time slot Fox is showing Shep Smith. After Shep it's O'reilly then Hannity then Gerta. Not exactly a lineup full on T&A. Fox isn't winning the ratings in primetime cause of the ladies.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:23 am 
Gold Member

If news were a high school:
CNN would be the nerds. The geeky kids that wear suits to school and are laughed at because they take things way too seriously.
FOX would be the cheerleaders. Real fun to watch but not really adding much substance or any different things to the landscape of the school.

Neither should be discounted for what they are but if you could take a bit from each group and make one "student" that would be great.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:06 am 
Gold Member

DaveD wrote:
CNN would be the nerds. The geeky kids that wear suits to school and are laughed at because they take things way too seriously.
FOX would be the cheerleaders. Real fun to watch but not really adding much substance or any different things to the landscape of the school.

Neither should be discounted for what they are but if you could take a bit from each group and make one "student" that would be great.

Reason why Fox's ratings are so high it's because people trust them, they don't trust CNN, they don't watch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:51 am 
WWoW Artist

Mark85la wrote:
Reason why Fox's ratings are so high it's because people trust them...

Another one for the jokes and humor discussion topic. :jetserl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:21 pm 
Bronze Member

braniac wrote:
Mark85la wrote:

i agree lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm 
Bronze Member

DaveD wrote:

who would MSNBC be? left that one out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 pm 
Gold Member

braniac wrote:
Mark85la wrote:

Whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:43 pm 
Gold Member

ajd40 wrote:
DaveD wrote:

You mean MSDNC? lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:18 pm 
Bronze Member

yes, MSNBC is to the left, but someone has counter balance FOX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:20 pm 
Bronze Member

Mark85la wrote:
DaveD wrote:

Reason why Fox's ratings are so high it's because people trust them, they don't trust CNN, they don't watch.

trust Fox..thats like the fox guarding the hen house, pun indended lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 pm 
Silver Member

Quote:

Yeah because CNN,ABC,CBS,NBC,PBS just aren't enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:41 pm 
Gold Member

thatguy wrote:
Quote:

:Thumb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:39 pm 

thatguy wrote:
Quote:

Glad you said that-- :Thumb
For all of the straightforward news they do, both Fox & MSNBC have an outsized amount of "noise" --and that noise wasn't necessary to learn what was going on in decades past, so I don't really get why it's needed now. If anything, it just points out how narrow-minded all of the hardcore partisan viewers they each have are. (Not talking about the type of viewers most of us are, I mean the ones who take them WAY too seriously-- the ones who see O'Reilly & Hannity, or Schultz & Maddow as gods or something :? )

And here's something else... just how many really big stories does Fox or MSNBC ever break on their own?
Think about it. Sure, it happens now and then, but even these days, the "big 3" networks are still on top of the
investigative journalism game, and so is CNN to a lesser degree. Hell, sometimes the National Enquirer can break open
a story better than the Cable news guys. (John Edwards scandal)

If the old-school networks or CNN are slipping by doing what they've always been best at, and not trying to put a
spin on everything, I see that as more of a failure by the audience than I do a failure of the news departments.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:23 pm 
Gold Member

ajd40 wrote:
DaveD wrote:

MSNBC would most likely be a 2nd string (or substitute) cheerleader. Always trying to be like or with the main cheerios but not having enough oomph to make it all the way there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 am 
WWoW Artist

pacificRT wrote:
If the old-school networks or CNN are slipping by doing what they've always been best at, and not trying to put a
spin on everything, I see that as more of a failure by the audience than I do a failure of the news departments.

Best comment in this whole thread. :Kool :Thumb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:19 am 
Gold Member

braniac wrote:
pacificRT wrote:

:jetserl Right, the public is just too dumb to appreciate the democrat point of view presented by CNN and the other networks. They're all in the tank for the Dems, all they do is spin and shill for the Dems, MSNBC doesn't even hide the fact that they do. That's why they keep losing viewers, they're sick of the bias of the msm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Fpx doesn't hide the fact it shills for the Republicans, even though it yells about all of its Fair and Balanced crap
Fair and balanced means they'll have one Democrat, Bob Beckel or Juan Williams, on The Five to serve as a punching bag for the other four
Fair and balanced means a lineup of analysts like Karl Rove, John Bolton, Dana Perino and Sarah Palin
Fox claims Megyn is a straight news reporter
Megyn isn't a journalist
She's an advocate, and that's fine
I don't mind Fox being conservative
FNC is more watchable than CNN or MSNBC
Ailes is a smart man and has made a lot of $$$ doing it his way
I just wish he'd admit his network is a Republican mouthpiece

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:54 am 
Silver Member

Fox is no different than CNN in that regard. I can tune into CNN and they'll have a stacked deck of guest on that is 3 to 1 Democrat talking heads. Instead of Carl Rove and Dana Perino they got James Carville and David Gergen and all the like. Instead of Megyn advocating you have Soledad. Etc.

Hell the other night they had Bill Maher and Harvey Weinstein guest hosting in place of Piers. What does that tell you?

Fox acts like they aren't biased cause CNN and the others started doing it first and have been doing it for decades.

Quote:
I just wish he'd admit his network is a Republican mouthpiece

I don't have any problem admitting it I just wish CNN would admit CNN is for the Dems.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 am 

Mark85la wrote:
braniac wrote:
pacificRT wrote:

:jetserl Right, the public is just too dumb to appreciate the democrat point of view presented by CNN and the other networks. They're all in the tank for the Dems, all they do is spin and shill for the Dems, MSNBC doesn't even hide the fact that they do. That's why they keep losing viewers, they're sick of the bias of the msm.

Mark, you totally misunderstood what I was saying.... This was about why CNN is losing more viewers to Fox & MSNBC.
My point was that the most biased of any of the networks, pound for pound, are those two.... one steers far left, one steers
far right.

What I'm questioning is the intelligence of an audience that prefers to tune in to ANY network that shills for ANY political
wing, rather than straightforward nothing-but-the-facts news. You may be right that the regular networks have a left "slant",
and I'm not defending it. But as you said, MSNBC is the worst offender in that category, just like Fox is on the opposite side.
What I'm saying is - it's pretty sad that viewers are attracted to "noise" (left OR right) rather than substance.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:34 am 
Silver Member

Quote:
What I'm questioning is the intelligence of an audience that prefers to tune in to ANY network that shills for ANY political
wing, rather than straightforward nothing-but-the-facts news.

Which networks have straightforward nothing-but-the-facts news? They're all biased to me especially the ones that just read off of AP & Reuters. The half hour network news shows don't have the commentary that the cable networks have but they're very biased in choosing which stories they run with and how they present them.

Everyone is too caught up in the other guys bias to admit their own and others try to pretend they have none.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next