Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: CNN May ratings hit 20 year low
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:33 pm 
Bronze Member

LongJohnScotty wrote:
ajd40 wrote:
LJS, your bias is showing as brightly as the full moon when you cite breibart.com :Bang

Pot, meet kettle.

Pretend that your conversation level rises above "snark". Pray show us some research, and maybe evidence to the contrary.

From a "neutral" source, perhaps?

snark? have ya read some of your own posts?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:10 am 
Silver Member

ajd40 wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:
ajd40 wrote:
LJS, your bias is showing as brightly as the full moon when you cite breibart.com :Bang

Pot, meet kettle.

Pretend that your conversation level rises above "snark". Pray show us some research, and maybe evidence to the contrary.

Again, pot meet kettle...still waiting for that evidence...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:23 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

That Piers Morgan annoys me. I would say get rid of him and their ratings should improve. Give Ashleigh Banfield a show on at 9 but don't stick her out behind a desk. Maybe have her do a show like Becky Anderson in these videos:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=142797&hilit=anderson

I'm pretty sure that would improve the ratings. Then after that works, skip the 2nd broadcast of AC 360 and have Brooke Baldwin on at 10 in the same manner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:30 am 
Silver Member

braniac wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:
braniac, I find it dubious that you would name PBS News Hour; if you read my post again, they are running a close second behind CNN in the fake journalist race depicted in the post.

LJS, first, I did say that NPR has bias, but I also said that I get that and in case you didn't get it, I can filter that out to get at the real news story. :snoopy Second, I read your post, but it said nothing about PBS. Are you referring to breitbart.com's biased comments about PBS? Are you expecting me to believe that breitbart.com is a font of truth, of unbiased journalism, and that their opinions about PBS are objective? :TickTock

I'm still waiting for you to name one "TV journalism" organization that has done unbiased basic journalism. By the way, can you name the one "news" network that was explicitly created with a political agenda? :Coyote

"...I can filter that out to get at the real news story...": In other words, you accept the news only if it makes you feel good. O-kaaay...

"Are you expecting me to believe that breitbart.com is a font of truth, of unbiased journalism, and that their opinions about PBS are objective?" One of the primary reasons why Breibart started his websites because he believed (and could PROVE, btw), that most traditioinal and major mainstream journalism sources (TV, and print) not only had bias, but was based on a politcal agenda. his efforts, and several others, were started to expose that bias and explain that agenda.

One of the older purposes of journalism was to keep an eye on those we elected to serve us, and challenge those in power...CNN (and other netwroks) should be asking the hard questions of ALL our elected officials, taking a look at al their issues, and holding them accountable for their failures; not to be taking sides of one political party or another and trying to get them elected.

"I'm still waiting for you to name one "TV journalism" organization that has done unbiased basic journalism." Outside of O'Reilly and Hannity, yes, FNC actually does journalism. FNC employs commentators and brings on people to speak from both sides of the issues, contrary to popular belief, and gives both sides a chance to explain themselves without being rude or showing favor.

Can I name ONE news network created with a political agenda? No. CNN didn't start that way, but they have one now...and, yes, taxpayer-funded and government run PBS now has one as well. Go back and read Nolte's comments about PBS again...you're going to tell me PBS isn't taking a side? This is what our tax dollars are for?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:36 am 
Silver Member

DenisMa wrote:
That Piers Morgan annoys me. I would say get rid of him and their ratings should improve. Give Ashleigh Banfield a show on at 9 but don't stick her out behind a desk. Maybe have her do a show like Becky Anderson in these videos:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=142797&hilit=anderson

I'm pretty sure that would improve the ratings. Then after that works, skip the 2nd broadcast of AC 360 and have Brooke Baldwin on at 10 in the same manner.

Well said, DenisMa.

Two more CNN staffers with issues. Was not Mr. Morgan involved in another scandal in his homeland, involving a lack of journalistic integrity? And (not taking a political side but focusing on current events), was Anderson Cooper not the first to coin the term "Teabagger" as a term of derision for the Tea Party?

CNN reports straight down the middle and has no political agenda...oo-kaaay.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:39 am 
Silver Member

Did CNN NOT check his resume? Rly? Srsly?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3716151.stm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:46 am 
Silver Member

...aaand Mister Objective Journalist, Anderson Cooper giving his initial, unbiased, non-partisan views on a movement started to oppose excessive government taxation...complete with embedded video.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-ba ... ea-bagging

I've got evidence, yes I do; I've got evidence, how 'bout you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Yes, but I just meant his voice and his attitude. But it's okay. I can turn him off if I want to. Cnn for me went downhill after 9/11 when they started with a ticker and then they dumped their show on the environment, a travel program and an arts show hosted by the lovely Katy Haswell. I hate the ticker on all of the news stations. I can understand it for the business channels in a way. It's okay if you want to find out about the stock of the company they are talking about if they aren't showing it or maybe you want to see some other stock. Or just the Dow Jones or Nasdaq at the time. Okay. Fine. But it's really a distraction on the news. Sure you might want something to distract you but it can be irritating. Plus, I see too many spelling mistakes and that bothers me too. People not taking the time to spell things correctly. A lack of care and preciseness on something you should be accurate about. Also too many abbreviations. I read a lot of tweets tonight on a tv show and I couldn't understand half of these tweets. Good grief. Anyway, I've seen spelling mistakes on all of the news channels. I noticed one on Bloomberg the other day but I have to say that Fox does the most abbreviating though on their ticker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:07 pm 
Bronze Member

LongJohnScotty wrote:
ajd40 wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:
ajd40 wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

Again, pot meet kettle...still waiting for that evidence...

evidence? the thread u started "WTF up with Morning News" if that isn't snarky don't know what is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:48 pm 
WWoW Artist

LongJohnScotty wrote:
"I'm still waiting for you to name one "TV journalism" organization that has done unbiased basic journalism." Outside of O'Reilly and Hannity, yes, FNC actually does journalism. FNC employs commentators and brings on people to speak from both sides of the issues, contrary to popular belief, and gives both sides a chance to explain themselves without being rude or showing favor.

Uh huh, like Fox and Friends? (just one example that came quickly to mind) Thanks again for another laugh. You really do crack me up with your idolizing of FNC! :jetserl

LongJohnScotty wrote:
Can I name ONE news network created with a political agenda? No. CNN didn't start that way, but they have one now...and, yes, taxpayer-funded and government run PBS now has one as well. Go back and read Nolte's comments about PBS again...you're going to tell me PBS isn't taking a side? This is what our tax dollars are for?

I didn't ask which networks evolved to take sides. There are plenty of those. I asked which one was created with a political agenda. The answer...ta da :band ... Fox News Channel.

By the way, PBS is not government-run although it does receive government funding. If you'd like, I can explain the factual and historical details about the government funding of PBS.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:40 pm 
Bronze Member

braniac wrote:
LongJohnScotty wrote:

Uh huh, like Fox and Friends? (just one example that came quickly to mind) Thanks again for another laugh. You really do crack me up with your idolizing of FNC! :jetserl

LongJohnScotty wrote:

I didn't ask which networks evolved to take sides. There are plenty of those. I asked which one was created with a political agenda. The answer...ta da :band ... Fox News Channel.

By the way, PBS is not government-run although it does receive government funding. If you'd like, I can explain the factual and historical details about the government funding of PBS.
:thankyou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:54 am 
Silver Member

:blah :blah :blah :blah ...

I've had better conversations with newborn babies and brick walls.

Enjoy your counterfeit news network and your mancrush on Fareed.

:P :P :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:22 am 
Administrator

I don't have time to skim this entire thread and politics bore me to death. I can still tell that this thread has degenerated too far, so take it outside, boys.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5