Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Live with Kelly and MICHAEL STRAHAN???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 pm 
Silver Member

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/ ... o-host-gig

RLY? SRSLY?

Sixty other males sat in that chair next to Kelly Ripa since Regis Philbin retired in November, and this is the BEST that they could do? WTF? What the hell decision making process went on here? And I would have loved to be in the room when the final decision was made...if that's not a case for drug testing, then I don't know what is.

ABC could not seriously find anybody better? Outside of football, he's like a damn clown! I mean, seriously, ABC?

Daytime TV is turning into Doucheville...first CNN, NBC with the Today show and Ann...now this!

Your thoughts???

//off soapbox

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Live with Kelly and MICHAEL STRAHAN???
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:44 pm 
Silver Member

I have no problem with it. They're close friends and she has great chemistry and feels comfortable with him. I don't see what the friggin big deal is. I mean I'm not watching for the male co-host anyway. All I want to see is some Kelly leg every once in awhile and a hot leggy guest. I just don't get why this makes you so angry.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:59 pm 
Bronze Member

he shouldn't be angry, he works for Fox...oh wait thats Fox Sports not Fox news :TickTock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:01 pm 
Silver Member

I agree with Art. The reason to watch, at least most likely for members on this forum, is the leg show Kelly puts on and whenever some hot female guest appears. Personally, I thought Strahan was the best fit, with Seth Meyers and Josh Groban close seconds. We'll see how it goes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:38 pm 
Silver Member

Art Vandeleigh wrote:
I have no problem with it. They're close friends and she has great chemistry and feels comfortable with him. I don't see what the friggin big deal is. I mean I'm not watching for the male co-host anyway. All I want to see is some Kelly leg every once in awhile and a hot leggy guest. I just don't get why this makes you so angry.

...and how many hot leggy guests has she had on in the interim? She wasn't comfortable with having a (hot) female cohost? Did Kelly Ripa NOT do a sitcom called "Hope and Grace" a few years ago?

Michael may be pretty good at football, and I'm not looking for the second coming of Regis here, but from what I've seen outside of NFL on Fox, he looks like a damned buffoon.

But...if Michael's her buddy, and she's cool with it...whatever. But damn, it just looks like the producers really dropped the bar for Kelly's new co-host. I want to see some Kelly leg myself, and if she has an equally leggy companion, why the hell not? Y'know?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 pm 
WWoW Artist

I agree that this decision isn't a big deal, but then, I wouldn't think it a big deal if they canceled the show. It's good for Ripa that she'll get to work with someone she likes, but I have to say, I've yet to hear Strahan say anything humorous or in the least bit interesting during any of his guest appearances. I'm really surprised that he's to be hired since I found him to be mediocre in every way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:17 pm 
WWoW Artist

Long John, you have to have known that they were going to pick a guy for the cohost. Pretty obvious if you ask me. So which guy would you have picked? Seth Myers? Josh Groban? As for your complaining why do it here? Why not write another one of your open letters to the producers of Live? I'm sure Gelman wants to hear from his audience.

And you didn't mention the two biggest douchebags of all, Doocy and Kilmeade. :D :jetserl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:30 pm 
Bronze Member

Strahan is a logical choice...he's a beloved New Yorker...he has star power, he speaks well and has a good sense of humor. Most importantly he wont overpower his co-host...he'll take "2nd chair" to Kelly, unlike many of the fill-ins I caught over the summer...especially Seth Meyers. Where Lorne Michaels found him at is beyond me but he can keep his @$$ at 30 Rockafeller Ctr as far as I'm concerned. Congrats Michael, you show 'em!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:17 pm 
Silver Member

braniac wrote:
Long John, you have to have known that they were going to pick a guy for the cohost. Pretty obvious if you ask me. So which guy would you have picked? Seth Myers? Josh Groban? As for your complaining why do it here? Why not write another one of your open letters to the producers of Live? I'm sure Gelman wants to hear from his audience.

And you didn't mention the two biggest douchebags of all, Doocy and Kilmeade. :D :jetserl

This is what we call VENTING. If it starts a conversation, so much the better. If it is ignored, no great loss.

From what I've seen of Strahan, he is not IMHO a good fit for Live. If he is truly the best that ABC can do for a male co-host, they may as well have gotten a female co-host. It could've happened (see: Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb).

More Fox bashing, even though FNC has nothing to do with the subject. Alrighty, then...I'll see you Doocy and Kilmeade and raise you Morning Joe (Chandler Bing clone whose female aide was mysteriously murdered the last term he was a congressman) Scarborough and Matt (has had two female co-hosts replaced, the last one in publicly humiliating circumstances, and is blamed by many for the Today show's demise) Lauer.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:04 am 

LongJohnScotty wrote:
.... and Matt (has had two female co-hosts replaced, the last one in publicly humiliating circumstances, and is blamed by many for the Today show's demise) Lauer.

Not that Lauer's any favorite of mine, but who's the co-host other than Ann that he had booted off Today?

Katie was grabbed by CBS, and Meredith wanted downtime from her schedule (she & Lauer are friends and he seems to have
no trouble being near her when they occasionally pair them up, like at the Olympics)

Was there somebody else he had issues with that I'm not remembering?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:54 am 
WWoW Artist

"Strahan is a logical choice...he's a beloved New Yorker...he has star power..."

If "Live!" was a local New York show, then I'd agree with you, but it isn't. Believe me, Strahan being a star New York athlete means nothing where I live. I assume that the producers want people outside of New York to watch. As far as his particular skill set is concerned, that's a matter of personal taste, so I can't argue with your assertion that he's humorous and a good conversationalist though I do disagree. But his being a big shot in New York City should not have influenced in a major way his selection for this job. If it did, then the producers are courting disaster.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 pm 
Bronze Member

LongJohnScotty wrote:
braniac wrote:

This is what we call VENTING. If it starts a conversation, so much the better. If it is ignored, no great loss.

From what I've seen of Strahan, he is not IMHO a good fit for Live. If he is truly the best that ABC can do for a male co-host, they may as well have gotten a female co-host. It could've happened (see: Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb).

More Fox bashing, even though FNC has nothing to do with the subject. Alrighty, then...I'll see you Doocy and Kilmeade and raise you Morning Joe (Chandler Bing clone whose female aide was mysteriously murdered the last term he was a congressman) Scarborough and Matt (has had two female co-hosts replaced, the last one in publicly humiliating circumstances, and is blamed by many for the Today show's demise) Lauer.

Can never have enough Fox bashing :) Morning Joe is light years better than than Fox and Friends with those 2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 pm 
Bronze Member

simyun wrote:
"Strahan is a logical choice...he's a beloved New Yorker...he has star power..."

If "Live!" was a local New York show, then I'd agree with you, but it isn't. Believe me, Strahan being a star New York athlete means nothing where I live. I assume that the producers want people outside of New York to watch. As far as his particular skill set is concerned, that's a matter of personal taste, so I can't argue with your assertion that he's humorous and a good conversationalist though I do disagree. But his being a big shot in New York City should not have influenced in a major way his selection for this job. If it did, then the producers are courting disaster.

Hmmm...interesting point. I'm sure they want people outside of N.Y. to watch and they will...show has been on air for decades now...Most television entertainment shows spawn out of either NY or LA...they're the mecca cities for what's watched "worldwide." I'm in Virginia, and we have no nationally televised shows being produced here...they might shoot on location in other states or cities, but being popular in New York is what got him his guest shot I'm sure. Wonder how Tiki Barber (a fellow Virginian, oh and NY Giants teammate) got on Fox & Friends for a while?...Strahan is charismatic, but I'm sure to drive my point home that Gehlman and the executive producers asked Kelly who her choice would be...if she didn't approve I'm sure Michael wouldn't have been tapped...but what do i know, I'm just a guy from VA, who watches a show made in New York....lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:48 pm 
Silver Member

I'm sure the execs at ABC did plenty of focus groups and polls on each guest co-host in addition to Kelly's choice. I guess enough people liked Strahan's episodes that they gave it the green light to hire him. But anyone who thought that she would choose another woman as her co-host needs their head examined. That would be way too close to the KLG/Hoda thing.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:24 am 
WWoW Artist

Art Vandeleigh wrote:
But anyone who thought that she would choose another woman as her co-host needs their head examined. That would be way too close to the KLG/Hoda thing.

How true! :jetserl :jetserl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:35 pm 
Bronze Member

One thing I will give most of you guys credit for is that y'all (as we say in the South) "Go hard"..meaning some you guys let your fantasies...fetishes..etc (and you have every right to have them) get the better of just plain logic.

I mean why in the world would the execs change a formula that has worked for DECADES?!? Yeah the Carrie Ann shows were nice, I loved watching Cat Deely co host with her..but the majority of the studio audience are women, most folks watching daytime tv are...? Right!! Women. Now unless the 60-90% of the viewing audience are lesbians, two women hosting a show day after day aint going to cut it...Today Show's final hour is the weakest among viewers....Believe it or not alot of people (women especially) like Matt & Al....

We (women watchers) are the minority....I keep telling y'all networks aren't going to trick up their programs, and ad sales just to satisfy our fantasies....REAL LIFE..or as Big Boi from OUTKAST said in the movie ATL..."This grown folks business"

As for you Michael Strahan detractors.....HATERS GON HATE...BALLERS GONNA BALL...BUT MAN i WONDER HOW IT MUST FEEL TO WIN A SUPER BOWL, BE A 9-TIME PRO BOWLER, DEFEENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR, AND AFTER SPORTSCASTING GET YOUR OWN NATIONALLY TELEVISED DAYTIME TALK SHOW GIG.....Yeah...Ching-ching! $$$$$

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]