Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible Fate of GMA3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:09 am 
WWoW Artist

With this (rather sorry) chapter of Amy Robach and T.J. Holmes finally closed, the attention shifts to the fate of the show itself.

The website soapoperanetwork.com said this past week had the show lagging in third place:

"After hitting season highs one week earlier, “Days of our Lives” fell a bit while still managing to hold off “GMA3: What You Need to Know” and “The Talk” in Total Viewers (1.773 million), Women 18-49 (0.25 rating) and Women 25-54 (0.38 rating)."

Conversely, the week of November 14-18, 2022 showed the primary demographic of women ages 18 to 49 had the show at a 0.2 rating--tied for last pace with CBS' "The Talk" and the news program replacing the longtime soap "Days of Our Lives" in the streaming product of "NBC News Now."

If past history is any guide, it could be at least before the end of the May sweeps before ABC possibly might change course. All I know is more advertising dollars means more viewers buy their products, including the "Deals and Steals" segment with Tori Johnson every Wednesday.

Again, I don't have any inside information. We will all have to find out together what might happen next.

Anyways, T.J. and Amy's professional careers are pretty much toast--and I don't know how they are going to recover from this fallout.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Possible Fate of GMA3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:33 pm 
Silver Member

Imagine if they were to forgo all the cost cutting, and bring back either All My Children, or One Life To Live. That'll make some waves in the ratings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:05 pm 
WWoW Artist

That won't happen. Besides, some of the soaps on NBC have migrated to streaming. So, the audience has mostly been shrinking.

It wouldn't surprise me if the streaming ABC News Live that we see on YouTube could take over those time slots. Just saying.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:37 am 
Bronze Member

maestrodawg65 wrote:
Imagine if they were to forgo all the cost cutting, and bring back either All My Children, or One Life To Live. That'll make some waves in the ratings.

ABC would have to create a new soap opera or two. That would help boost daytime ratings and advertising dollars.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:15 am 
WWoW Artist

Again, most soaps are headed to streaming. My guess is that they would be smart to go after some syndicated talk shows to help fill that time, if and when it comes to pass.

But that's only a guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:41 pm 
WWoW Artist

bigzman you make some good points. Truthfully GMA3 has turned into fluff except for Dr. Jen's medical advice. They could dump the whole show and run Dr. Jen's segments during the first 2 hours of GMA. But maybe ABC wants to have a third hour just to keep up with NBC's Today and CBS's The Talk. I think ABC is already thinking of what they can replace GMA3 with and it will all come down to ratings and like bigzman said, May sweeps. My prediction is that GMA3 won't do well enough in sweeps and it will be "put on hiatus" for the summer never to return. Didn't the hiatus then canceled thing happen to Strahan Sara and Keke?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:53 pm 
WWoW Artist

I don't remember much about the hiatus of the show that followed "The Chew". Mind looking that up for me?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:20 am 
WWoW Artist

bigzman wrote:
I don't remember much about the hiatus of the show that followed "The Chew". Mind looking that up for me?

No probs bigz. The Chew was replaced in Sept. 2018 by GMA Day with Michael Strahan and Sara Haines which was quickly renamed GMA3: Strahan & Sara. Keke Palmer subbed for Sara while she was on maternity leave, Keke was made permanent and the show became Strahan, Sara & Keke. The show was "suspended" when the pandemic hit in March 2020 and Pandemic: What You Need To Know with Amy Robach and Dr. Jen Ashton took its place. In June 2020 it was renamed GMA3: What You Need To Know and became the permanent replacement for Strahan, Sara & Keke. TJ Holmes was added to GMA3 in Sept. 2020. There's some kinda interesting history of that timeslot on ABC on the Wikipedia page for GMA3.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:08 am 
WWoW Artist

Thanks for the information.

I was only interested in what was on prior to GMA3. I already know the rest of the story.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:41 pm 
Bronze Member

they had to let both go. do to fact people would call for boycott and other things. if they need sponsor and ad dollars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:15 am 
WWoW Artist

Rhiannon Ally is now anchoring or hosting on this show. She worked the Kansas City, New York City and Miami markets in the past 23 years. She also was overnights on ABC. At one time was host of a syndicated talk show but left for Miami.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:12 pm 
WWoW Artist

Brettfan wrote:
Rhiannon Ally is now anchoring or hosting on this show. She worked the Kansas City, New York City and Miami markets in the past 23 years. She also was overnights on ABC. At one time was host of a syndicated talk show but left for Miami.

If this doesn't prove that Rhiannon is the heir apparent to Amy I don't know what will. Today was the best leg show she has done since she started hosting, she's got those shapely muscular thighs like Amy and her face and hair are stunning. ABC would be fools not to sign her full time for GMA3.