Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: HLN done?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:55 am 
Silver Member

Also, I think there's another reason why she won't go to CNN is that she blew her chance five or so years ago. The execs wanted Robin to replace Michaela on New Day and went so much as offering her a blank check (probably around the 10 million or so dollars) but she said no. As for her future, maybe Newsnation might consider her for a new morning show. Probably could work for her if she wants to be closer to family. The downside is her husband's business is in Atlanta.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:55 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Whatever happened to her singing career
Couldn’t she pursue that?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:16 pm 
Jedi Knight

way wrote:
So HLN will just be a rerun of prepackaged segments and documentaries like the weekend?

Morning Express is being replaced with a simulcast of CNN.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:43 pm 
Bronze Member

they said no more live broadcasting from it. no live show for now. not sure where two main host for channel going. or other people. company that owns them spent to much money to buy stuff and lost money. so to trim budget they had to let people go. that was easy one to get rid of.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:56 am 
Silver Member

Weekend Express wasn't on Saturday and I'm guessing it won't be on Sunday. I'm having a feeling Robin won't say her goodbyes unless it's on Social Media.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:57 am 
WWoW Founder

She has opportunities with CNN but you have to relocate to NYC which one city alot of people don't like to live and/or work in.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:52 am 
Administrator

I just want to repeat that my hypothesis about a show on Monday is only speculation on my part. I don't want to get anybody's hopes up with my assumption. But the network deserves to give her a sendoff of some sort. If it's not a final MXP, then some sort of special presentation. And if it's the latter, let it be in the afternoon so she doesn't have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn one last time.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:56 am 
Silver Member

sparty wrote:
Whatever happened to her singing career
Couldn’t she pursue that?

Would like to see her on Dancing with the Stars and/or the Masked Singer. I don't know if she'll do any of those shows depending what she decides to do. Does she decided to take some time off to do one of those shows or does she try get a new gig after the Holidays?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:24 pm 
WWoW Artist

Or she can go the Paula Faris route and do a weekly podcast? There are billions of podcasts out there, and she could do it from home. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:14 am 
Administrator

I have found confirmation through Callie Dauler's Instagram story (she's Robin's personal assistant at HLN) that there indeed will be one final show on Monday morning for one hour.

The true end of an era.

Robin Meade Video Dump - Updated 4/21/23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:18 am 
Gold Member

:( :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:33 am 
WWoW regular

Bummed, I got to watch the final hour of HLN Morning Express this morning. Always sad to see others saying goodbyes. Enjoyed their stories, favorite moments, etc. Hope it's not the last time we will see Meade, Westhoven, Hendricks, Prann, Manno, Fitzpatrick, and others. In my opinion, Morning Express has been a far better morning program to watch these past 21 years versus anything CNN has put on the air during that time slot. Will especially miss Robin's - "Morning Sunshine!"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:57 am 
WWoW Founder

Nice last show for Robin and the crew plus all the behind the scenes people. But it's also a send off for the channel itself. They showed alot of old clips from when the station started.

I've watched the channel on and off since 1992. I recall alot of car chases on there plus having court cases with on air people that left for court tv.

I'm no expert on TV and the inner business that keeps things running. Have to wonder how the rising cable costs and the cord cutters played into the toll its taking on all facets of tv. Plus the fact people like myself have changed viewing habits where they aren't sitting in front of TV but instead get their news on demand from clips on tik tok or YouTube.

No matter what, 17 years at one network is something to be proud of.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:17 pm 
Silver Member

An end of the era indeed, only Fox and Friends lasted longer than Robin and Company/Morning Express for Cable News Morning Shows. CNN had three or four morning shows during Robin's run.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:57 pm 
WWoW Artist

HLN and its' former iteration of the once popular outlet known as CNN Headline News can join another 24 hour national news outlet when the Satellite News Channel only lasted 16 months from summer 1982 until fall 1983:

The final hour had one news anchor, two meteorologists, and two sports reporters rotating every 2 to 3 minutes. Only the feature reports lasted longer.

Even worse, a screen crawl saying that the station was ceasing operations flashed every 60 seconds.

In retrospect, it was a good thing we didn't have to put up with that on the HLN end of things.

But towards the end, listen to when the words "numbers" and "operation" comes up before the endless pounding of the typewriters as the names scrolled by.

Sure hope we all caught their "satellites" beamed from June 21, 1982 until October 27, 1983:

https://youtu.be/WfnTF8d0VYE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_News_Channel

Last edited by bigzman on Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:01 pm 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

Robin’s farewell

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/you-will-al ... -guts-hln/

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:36 pm 
WWoW Artist

Excellent piece (might have to use a paywall to access) by a former CNN anchor who is actually married to someone who still works in morning news:

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2022/12/hln-network-layoffs-cnn/672332/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:57 pm 
Silver Member

bigzman wrote:
Excellent piece (might have to use a paywall to access) by a former CNN anchor who is actually married to someone who still works in morning news:

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2022/12/hln-network-layoffs-cnn/672332/

Brian Stelter who actually dated Nicole Lapin, another former CNN talent at one point (who knew? I looked this up on Wikipedia). HLN probably could have ended years ago. It would have happened if Robin decided to go to New York and joined Kate Bolduan and Cuomo I think it was for the morning show CNN had. I wonder she would have been CNN shorter or around this time if she did.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:21 am 
Silver Member

We were lucky that Robin and Company/Morning Express lasted as long as it did. CNN tried to make HLN an online content channel in 2015 like giving a YouTuber a show though I did like that travel show with those two good-looking ladies. Does anyone else remember that?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:42 am 
Silver Member

It's official, they are gone. On their social media posts, Robin along with Jen and her assistant Callie cleaned out their old offices. Surprised that didn't happen earlier. Also, I wonder if they got severance pay. Still holding out hope of Robin going to Newsnation for a morning show. It would be big publicity if Newsnation did that. Maybe get Cheryl Scott to do the weather.