Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Andrea Tantaros sued by her ghostwriter
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:56 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/even-as- ... uit/337770

ImageImage

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Andrea Tantaros sued by her ghostwriter
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 am 
Silver Member

I love Andrea and all but hopefully soon she gets her stuff straightened out and get back in tv.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:22 am 
WWoW Artist

I cannot believe this new low:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/judge-wont-let-fox-news-star-keep-secret-her-anti-feminist-book-was-ghostwritten-by-man-1028818

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:26 pm 
Bronze Member

She's done

-MelvinMoogleman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:32 pm 
WWoW Artist

All that is left, once this legal mess is finally over...is to maybe, just maybe--any faint chance she could pose for Playboy?

Never say never, right?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:41 pm 
Bronze Member

What? another former Fox news anchor in legal trouble? shocking!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:58 pm 
I've posted THIS MUCH????!!

Have said it before, not all these babes who have tried to get something from FOX are credible.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:44 pm 
Silver Member

Has anyone of the ladies who were sexual harassment in Fox News moved on to a position in another network besides Megyn Kelly (who might be done after NBC)? Gretchen Carlson got a job in Time or Newsweek and that's it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:41 am 
I'm a WWoW Posting Maniac!

newsguy wrote:
Has anyone of the ladies who were sexual harassment in Fox News moved on to a position in another network besides Megyn Kelly (who might be done after NBC)? Gretchen Carlson got a job in Time or Newsweek and that's it.

CNN's Alisyn Camerota

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:03 am 
WWoW regular

On one level I have the thought "this is how the sausage is made" when it comes to autobiographies. I've read the book and it has a lot of personal stories, so on one level she is telling her story. She just doesn't know how to write a book in a way that is entertaining which is why ghost writers exist in the first place.

It is like television. Watch this video and see how fake television shows actually are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKZio1NA15I

With this said, she could have just paid the guy the amount they agreed to and this would have probably never come out. Maybe with all the lawyer costs and with the book perhaps not selling as well as she thought it would, she doesn't have the money to pay him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:23 pm 
Bronze Member

Not being on FOX likely hurt the books sales as she lost free advertising to sell it. Andrea was great but I doubt she will be on national tv again. Has she done anything since leaving Fox? Dave Navarro and her still an item? That was a red flag. Last pics someone posted of her looked she'd put on some pounds.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:16 am 
Bronze Member

babastooey wrote:
On one level I have the thought "this is how the sausage is made" when it comes to autobiographies. I've read the book and it has a lot of personal stories, so on one level she is telling her story. She just doesn't know how to write a book in a way that is entertaining which is why ghost writers exist in the first place.

It is like television. Watch this video and see how fake television shows actually are:

With this said, she could have just paid the guy the amount they agreed to and this would have probably never come out. Maybe with all the lawyer costs and with the book perhaps not selling as well as she thought it would, she doesn't have the money to pay him.

Exactly!!! She must not have the money. Which is kinda sad. I remember Bob Beckel making a comment about her saving her money instead of buying those "expensive red bottom shoes" and maybe she could pay for their dinner once and awhile. She didn't even reply. Come on though, you gotta keep your ghostwriter happy, just to avoid situations like this..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:18 am 
Bronze Member

BatmanFan wrote:
Not being on FOX likely hurt the books sales as she lost free advertising to sell it. Andrea was great but I doubt she will be on national tv again. Has she done anything since leaving Fox? Dave Navarro and her still an item? That was a red flag. Last pics someone posted of her looked she'd put on some pounds.

She did a quick interview on GMA, and she had probably gained 15 lbs then...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:12 am 

HarvBaby wrote:
BatmanFan wrote:

She did a quick interview on GMA, and she had probably gained 15 lbs then...

Correct - this was her first resurfacing on TV since leaving Fox, it was this past October:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:26 pm 
Bronze Member

babastooey wrote:

Yeah, either that or she could have ditched the ghost part and given him credit as a co-author. I don't think it would have been damaging to her career....most people couldn't write a coherent book without a lot of help.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:29 pm 
Bronze Member

BatmanFan wrote:

I have my doubts as well. I don't think her relationship with Navarro has anything to do with it. This whole thing with Fox has spun out of control and now there are 3 lawsuits she is dealing with (the one against Fox, one against Nomiki Konst and the one against her by her ghost writer). Whenever she gets all this cleared up I don't know how many networks will want to sign a contract with her.

I'm surprised she hasn't gotten a gig as a contributor with the National Review or whatever in the meantime...at least keep her presence as a political pundit going.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:37 pm 
WWoW Artist

Ghostwriters In The Sky