Wide World of Women

All your favorite women in one place for 20 years!!!
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Alternate Vidclip Hosting Sites and Current Trends
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:23 pm 
Board Owner

I got a PM from a member who asked "Are there other vidclip hosting sites out there to use instead of RapidShare?"

The answer is yes. The following I have downloaded for "FREE" from with no problem...

Save File

Ego Share

Ultrashare

Scambia

Megauplaod

HOWEVER.....

Whoever downloads clips via the "FREE" route at these sites will still encounter some of the same restrictions that Rapidshare imposes on their "FREE" users. So there is no truly "FREE" site out there.

BPM, Donkeed and I are premium members of Rapidshare since our clips can reside there as long as we pay the site fees which equals never having to re-up the clips even if they are not downloaded within 30 days. That is why if you have guys like BPM, Donkeed and myself willing to pay for the hosting, then you guys wouldn't have to worry about the links going dead. I am sure there are others who are premium members.

I also use Rapidshare since I visit the European forums a lot and they use Rapidshare primarily for hosting their clips. Being a premium member makes downloads easier obviously.

To sum it up....

These sites need to cover their hosting costs either through premium membership or through ads. Before you guys ask, if we were to host clips on our WWoW server, our monthly bandwith would be used up within a week! :shock:

Last edited by rocky741 on Fri May 09, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:13 am 
WWoW Artist

And as a premium member, you can download as many as you want at one time. I have had as many as 20 to 25 videos downloading at the same time.

And with 10,000 downloads, they give you a free month. If you post your downloads at other sites, you would be in shock at how fast 10,000 can add up. I haven't uploaded anything for a while, but are still getting hits

I got a few that have over 1,000 hits and others that are not to far away from 1,000 hit.

If you are into downloading videos from around the internet, it is well worth the money

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:50 pm 
WWoW Member

This is a good one and its free: http://www.youtube.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:15 am 
WWoW Artist

xxxxxx wrote:

Yes, but if the clip contains nudity it gets deleted pretty fast. So it's no real alternative for that kind of Celeb-Vids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:25 am 
WWoW Artist

I don't like youtube because frankly the quality of the vids suck (due to the fact that the vids are actually LQ flash files).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:26 am 
WWoW Artist

longnose wrote:
xxxxxx wrote:

Yes, but if the clip contains nudity it gets deleted pretty fast. So it's no real alternative for that kind of Celeb-Vids.

:Welcome to the board longnose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:01 pm 
WWoW Artist

xxxxxx wrote:

I like youtube cause you can post large files that take time to download and just view them without needing to download it off the server. But there is no way to download the video, if you wanted to do that, sort of. There is actually a way, but it's confusing and the youtube site won't tell you. The format of the files gets changed to .FLV. There is a way to download the .FLV files off the youtube. The wikipedia entry for youtube explains it all. The nice thing with youtube and related sites is you can search for stuff and view clips. I have found everything from Kennedy's assasination to the Who playing Won't Get Fooled Again to funny home movies. Lots of music videos, late night guests, daily show videos, and news clips and bloopers. Pretty fun site. Having said that there are clones and other sites. I am not going to list them as I have not visited too much. One is Google video and yahoo has a similar place. But there are other places even more like youtube. Each site is a bit different, but similar. The youtube entry at wikipedia has links to some of the places.

I personally don't understand much about Divx files. How to format them, create them, or the use for them. However, people who run into movie theaters and bring a camcorder to video tape movies to put on a p2p service for large downloads before the movie comes out on DVD use divx to compress the files to make them smaller and clearer. I had to download a Divx player to view the files which are usually split in two since movies are long. Maybe I am behind the times, but I find divx confusing. Also don't get the whole HD fad. But that's me. I guess what I am saying is I am more a youtube person.

Rapidshare is fine. But there is no way to search for stuff. I do think rapidshare is a nice site. However, some of us don't have money to pay for subscriptions. Clips generally are small. Youtube, you can post in full or at least a lot more. I grew up on p2p sites as well. back in the day, it was just fun being able to get audio clips. You know mp3s. Since Napster, the original free version, was closed... p2p software began including video and pictures. Anyways, just my rambling thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:47 pm 
WWoW Artist

You tube quality bites - I wouldn't even think about posting there - except a girl-fight video or skateboarding accident. :mrgreen:
We should strive to improve the quality of video online - not cater to these sites who offer crap. :Typing

Mean mean pride.
:Sultan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:16 pm 
Administrator

Hosting services as of 8/23/06

Savefile is upgrading.

Tried egoshare and apparently it takes FOREVER to download from there...a last resort.

Ultrashare I keep getting disconnected. :?

Scambia: no site found

Megaupload has really fast uploads and 250MB upload limits. :Kool

Youtube....forget about it if you want to preserve quality.

Reliable Rapidshare now has collector's accounts for free. Get premium pts. everytime people download your files. 10K pts. earns you a free premium account for a month. :Kool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:43 pm 
WWoW Member

:bow2
Thank you to you fine gentlemen for posting and hosting. I have been a member for about a year and I must thank you for all the hard work you all do for this crew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:10 am 
WWoW regular

Yes, Europe loves rapidshare.. ;) me too. It just rocks with these search engines and all the stuff from the forums. If you have big bandwith you can use it.

megaupload is not that fast. scambia was not bad.. but it's down now, strange.

Greetings,
bluecove

Last edited by bluecove on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:40 am 
WWoW Member

<i>ALERT:

Yourfilelink is another one out there, but they will not let anyone download anything if they have an adblocker enabled. No one in their right minds should ever disable their adblockers, so that one should be avoided.</i>

Cancel this alert. I just found out that YFL has removed that stupid policy, so it is now a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:04 pm 
WWoW Artist

Mediafire is an awesome free host.
They dont remove your files and there are no limits on downloads.

i used to use them before i went RS premium.
all my files are still on there too and i havent used it for 6 months.

highly reccomended as an alternative to RS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:47 pm 
WWoW Artist

I will probably be using mediafire until something changes regarding the limit on number of files allowed to reside on their server. Rapidshare was good for a while, but I do not like the fact that I have been paying them a fee and they suddenly announce there is a limit on the amount of file storage available for each account. Mediafire also uploads and downloads faster than rapidshare for me.

Some of the other sites have been bad about throwing spyware on my computer. I HATE THAT SH*T!!

My two cents...

Post subject: totally agree
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:53 pm 
WWoW Artist

"Because of the "shenanigan behavior" of Rapidshare I am no longer
using it for saving file and will let it die at the end of the
8 months I have left of my annual payment. "

I totally agree with your assessment of Mediafire. The upload speeds are almost doubled and download speeds are much faster

Loneranger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:02 am 
Administrator

I'm still using RS, but mediafire is great option for those not interested in maintaining their premium accounts.

As for upload speeds, RS is by far the fastest if you use rapid uploader. I max out my uploading speed everytime, and if not I just have to change the path. :Kool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:53 pm 

donkeed wrote:
As for upload speeds, RS is by far the fastest if you use rapid uploader. I max out my uploading speed everytime, and if not I just have to change the path. :Kool

I'm having my first go with Rapid Uploader right now. I believe I have the upload speed maxed (0=unlimited it says), however regardless of which path I choose, I'm only getting an average of 60-65kbps rate. Not doing so well for uploading parts totaling 1.35GB :(

I agree with MediaFire being a great option...For me, it's had the best uploading and downloading times compared to others, plus there's no limits or restrictions. If I can't find success with Rapid Uploader, I'll go back to hosting at MediaFire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:16 pm 
Administrator

impala101 wrote:
donkeed wrote:

I'm having my first go with Rapid Uploader right now. I believe I have the upload speed maxed (0=unlimited it says), however regardless of which path I choose, I'm only getting an average of 60-65kbps rate. Not doing so well for uploading parts totaling 1.35GB :(

I agree with MediaFire being a great option...For me, it's had the best uploading and downloading times compared to others, plus there's no limits or restrictions. If I can't find success with Rapid Uploader, I'll go back to hosting at MediaFire.

It might have something to do with certain connections. Cobra had issues with upload speeds as well. I get near the max of 5Mbps upload everytime I upload. Looking at the upload history now, and it only took about an hour to upload the over 2GB SI Swimsuit Special I posted recently. The only other things I can think of that could affect the speed is the upload path and the connection settings (make sure it's set to broadband).

Hey, if mediafire works best for you, then by all means use it. I'm sure the members without premuim accounts here will appreciate the non-RS links. Really I'm posting this for the RS guys who might be having the same issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:53 am 

I found out my problems are most likely due to my internet service...Roadrunner's upload "speeds" are atrocious, so all sites will be relatively the same as far as uploading for me.

Post subject: same upload problem wiht rapidshare
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:29 am 
WWoW Artist

I have roadrunner and I had the same problem with Rapidshare. With Media fire I get anywhere between 500 and 700 upload . I just wish I could transfer the $80 I spent on rapidshare to mediafire . You dont have RAPIDSHARE LITE
do you?

Loneranger

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next